Product Manager and Consultant2016 - PRESENTSelf-employed
- Combined consultant work with lecturing to define best practice processes and methods for product management and development for clients like Swedish Steal, Bosch, Audi.
Adjunct Professor2009 - PRESENTUniversity of the Arts Berlin
- Created, planned, and executed a digital course on product development and supervised graduate students including master’s thesis research.
CPO, Chief Product Officer2013 - 2016Bertelsmann/Welldoo
- Headed a 12-member team of product owners, designers, and healthcare specialists.
- Helped recruit and nurture staff.
- Led projects from conception through to delivery.
- Created a new product unit.
- Served on Welldoo’s management team.
- Improved customer retention for major clients from the healthcare industry by creating apps and websites that ensured ongoing customer connectivity, drove customer-centricity, and fostered strategic lifecycle management while offering scientifically validated content.
Design Consultant2011 - 2013Independent
- Delivered digital subject matter expertise and mentorship to clients ranging from start-ups and entrepreneurial enterprises to firms and agencies in wide-ranging industries. Generated new business opportunities using consultative sales strategies that showcase unique business capabilities and solutions.
- Successfully created the concept and visual design of a Berlin-based electronic parts seller with more than 850,000 items and more than 60 real-world stores in Germany, reducing customer helpline calls by over 50%.
Head of User Experience2010 - 20113M/TXTR
- Drove digital service strategy and creative direction. Headed the five-member creative team of designers and an eight-member app developer team.
- Established the user experience team, its methodology, the creative vision, style, and expression across platforms and devices.
- Provided thought leadership to help guide the team as well as external clients with TXTR products and services and delivered customized electronic reading as an end-to-end solution.
- Ensured that TXTR consistently delivered the highest creative quality across platforms and devices by developing tools, processes, and style guides.
- Successfully established a user experience-driven methodology in a traditional software development environment.
Director of User Experience2003 - 2010Iconmobile
- Headed the creative team, the process, visual design, and information architecture of products and services.
- Upheld high-quality standards in pitches, workshops, and all creative deliverables across customer touch-points, devices, and platforms to small and large corporate clients across industries.
- Established and continuously improved communication tools to support and enhance the creative process.
- Recognized for internally and externally promoting my designers and unit, peer, and industry recognition.