Verified Expert in Product Management
Casey graduated with high honors from the top supply chain management program in the US. He has ten years of experience in product and project management, transforming some of the most innovative companies in the insurance, healthcare, finance, blockchain, and aerospace industries across the US and Canada through the use of IT products and solutions. Casey has worked at SpaceX and is a proud contributor to one-day being a multi-planetary species.
Business Strategy, Marketing, Communications, and DAO Development Expert
- Built a business development strategy and a team centered around Sifchain's core strategic differentiators of margin trading, cross-EVM bridging capabilities, and developer onboarding, resulting in a robust game plan with clear OKRs.
- Led the comms and operations team by creating a marketing strategy, including a brand upgrade, strategy development, and execution plan. This led to clear customer acquisition through the entire onboarding funnel.
- Acted as a key contributor to creating the Sifchain DAO, outlining its purpose, onboarding, compensation, governance processes, and tooling. Adapted to the DAO's growth by upgrading key processes and restructuring for effectiveness.
- Worked with a head of marketing and helped execute marketing strategy consisting of PR, paid ads, paid and earned media, key personnel interviews, and specific marketing campaign execution, all tracked via KPIs and analyzed for constant improvement.
- Headed several AMAs, interviews with key influencers, and community town halls and presented progress on key features and milestones.
- Led the writing of bi-weekly medium articles, including coverage of project technical milestones and progress, marketing progress, business development updates, and DAO updates.
- Assisted in leading the re-architecture of the Sifchain external facing documentation site, consisting of a deep-dive analysis of the best ways to format and present both functional and highly technical information.
- Helped revamp the Sifchain Discord server to cultivate an open and inviting community that catered to both a casual observer/questioner and a heavily involved participant.
- Led the launch of the initial Sifchain decentralized exchange (DEX) alongside the Sifchain EROWAN token ICO. The product launch garnered over $10 million in total value locked (TVL) within 24 hours, while the ICO generated around $26 million.
- Managed a cross-functional team of front-end and back-end developers, DevOps, designers, testers, and core bridging infrastructure to launch the Sifchain DEX's v2 that incorporated a re-vamped and upgraded UX and new best-in-class features.
- Conducted efforts around instilling Agile project management practices across the entire technology team, resulting in clearer deliverables, tighter cross-team coordination, and shortened time to delivery.
- Created detailed specifications and saw those specifications through design, testing, and implementation around key features, such as incorporating IBC technology, reward distribution, and front-end provider initiatives.
Product Manager - Core Protocol
- Served as a product manager responsible for translating the Flow blockchain whitepaper into a project roadmap. The roadmap consisted of 162 user stories, translated into a Gantt chart showcasing resource allocation and dependencies.
- Led a team of five that was responsible for analyzing the Flow blockchain architecture thoroughly, resulting in a final scoping document deliverable highlighting various areas of improvement and ways to mitigate those areas while hitting key milestones.
- Acted as a product manager responsible for the Core Protocol team, Node Operator relations, and hitting key decentralization milestones. I was a key component in the Flow blockchain's successful MainNet launch while decentralizing healthily and stably.
- Managed a team of seven developers through the design, development, and support of all purchasing applications within a custom-built ERP system, serving a customer base of 5,000+ people and representing the second most utilized applications within SpaceX.
- Developed end-to-end solutions by conducting initial deep dive research, creating functional and technical requirement documentation, table structure designs, technical solution designs, and UX designs.
- Oversaw all development stages and led functional testing, QA testing, training, change management, and all post-go-live support for 20+ major features over 1-year. Got recognition through multiple customer-initiated 'Kick-Ass Awards' and was acknowledged as the exemplary team within our division.
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders to define strategic initiatives and prioritize features and enhancements to create product strategy roadmaps, ensuring efficient feature rollouts and on-time enhancement deliverables, while quickly adapting to changes in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Utilized an Agile methodology, leading sprint planning, kick-off meetings, backlog grooming sessions, daily stand-ups and post-mortems, delivering to tight timeframes through effective prioritization decisions based on data-driven ROI and internal strategic goals.
- Modernized request for purchase order (RFPO) app. Did complete re-write and technology stack upgrade of the RFPO app, resulting in enhanced user experience, improved data accuracy, and less clicks/unnecessary time spent within the app while increasing application flexibility and decreasing technical debt.
- Redesigned the purchase order release process by entirely redesigning fragmented/independent processes into a fully integrated message-bus architecture solution, providing more flexibility and greater control of the release process.
- Integrated tax software into all purchasing applications with the successful integration of third-party tax software into all purchasing applications, leading to immediate $3 million per month in tax exemption savings.
- Launched supplier portal as a key member in the design, creation, and successful launch of SpaceX’s first fully integrated external facing application built to allow suppliers to communicate directly, undertake actions, and access all necessary supplier-buyer relationship information, removing these responsibilities from internal resources.
- Migrated current application logic into public APIs. Spearheaded effort to remove logic from within applications and create public APIs, producing consolidated, centralized components and allowing easy integration with other internal and external applications.
Manager - Sales & Business Development
- Executed four sales presentations to prominent client for potential next phase project, preparing and presenting demo material, highlighting capable functionality, creating proposed solution with projected timeline and resource allocation, resulting in a next phase green light with projected revenue of $2 million.
- Managed 7-person team through full lifecycle implementation of a new product, to determine best solution given market trends and desires, achieving a next phase project with expected revenue of $2 million.
- Significantly contributed to five RFPs across multiple prospect clients, creating tailored solutions and managing to tight timelines.
Product Manager, ERP Financial System Implementation
- Served as technology lead for ERP Financial Systems Implementation, leading multiple blueprinting workshops, coordinating users across multiple functional and technical teams, and collaborating with internal and external resources to gain a holistic understanding, delivering detailed business process design documents to client outlining current state/future state analysis.
- Led multiple informational sessions and hands-on demos showcasing ERP system functionality, highlighting industry best solutions and recommending future process improvements, providing client with actionable solutions which required minimal customizations and undercut project system implementation cost.
- Successfully completed and tracked necessary customization items, providing in-depth documentation on how to accomplish each solution recommendation, while managing to an aggressive timeline.
- Served as a key member of ERP Financial Collections/Disbursements Systems Implementation, serving in a client facing role responsible for determining business requirements, providing customized solutions, documenting project specs, and overseeing recommended solutions to completion.
- Transitioned into a client relations role and served as the main liaison between Virtusa and client, maintaining strong client relationship as recognized by continued business well beyond expected duration.
- Led testing and defect tracking, seeing these areas into the next phase of user acceptance, while providing sufficient documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Developed and executed highly effective training program, receiving high remarks and positive feedback from current production support team and end users.
- Completed a full lifecycle implementation of a CRM system and had sole responsibility for requirement gathering, data conversion/integration, custom configuration, testing, and demo presentation/training materials.
A New Blockchain: Transforming White Papers into a Plan of Action
Blockchain Architecture Review, Project Scoping, Project Roadmap Creation, Projected Resource Allocation, User Story Writing,
The Sitch: While ingenious, this revolutionary blockchain architecture currently only exists in theories and white papers. The client knows the design principles, the functionality, and the desired goals of the network, but they are unclear on how to take their ideas from paper to reality. And since nothing like this exists out there today and upfront investment of the project is costly, the client needs an expert set-of-eyes on their ideas to ensure that nothing is hiding in their blind spots. With their first partner already contracted and a public announcement of what they are building, the client is up against a tight timeline. The go-live date for the MVP (minimal viable product) is just 2 months out, and the more comprehensive V1 go-live date is a mere 7 months out. Both of these dates cannot be missed in order to keep their investors and partners engaged and to ensure first-mover advantages are realized.
The Goal: Quickly produce a backlog of appropriately sized workable items for their engineers, a project plan that showcases both the priorities & dependencies for their project managers, and a scoping document that highlights what needs to be done, how it needs to be done, and when it needs to be done, including potential areas of concern, for their CEO.
The End Result: A robust deliverable of 162 clearly defined user stories including associated story points and prioritizations, culminating in a custom-crafted gantt chart to showcase resource allocation and dependencies. The blockchain architecture was analyzed inside and out during this process to ensure no rock was left unturned and all findings on the system were provided in a final scoping document. This all-star team transformed this theoretical idea into a concrete plan of action in just 5 weeks. With a clear path to not only meeting, but surpassing their upcoming milestones, the client is equipped to revolutionize blockchain.
Product Research, Solution and Data Architecture, and Product Design for Satellite Imagery Storage and Display Solution
Led product research and design for a user-facing product, and designed an effective and efficient data storage solution.
My part: Project scoping and product design, product research, use case, and user persona creation, solution architecture guidance, data storage solution creation, georeferencing research and integration, ML/AI research and integration, map provider vendor research and selection.
Launched Supplier Portal
Key member in the design, creation, and successful launch of SpaceX’s first fully integrated external facing application.
Designed a Custom Project Management Solution, Highlighting All Functional and Technical Needs, Along with a Fully Robust Project Plan
Solely responsible for the complete design of a custom project management software solution and created a project plan.
I was brought in to completely design a custom full-replacement solution, create a product roadmap for how to get there in 8 months, and propose a resource allocation strategy to meet this need.
Integrated 3rd Party Tax Software Into All Purchasing Application
Successful integration of 3rd party tax software into all purchasing applications resulting in a $3 million/month savings.
Modernized RFPO Application
Complete re-write and technology stack upgrade of request for purchase order application in home-grown ERP system.
This application caters to a user-base of over 5,000 people and is one of the most traffic-heavy applications within the home-grown ERP system. Because of the extremely diverse user group and the high number of visits, the UX/UI design was critical to the overall success. After doing extensive user research and analysis, and conducting user behavioral studies, the final design resulted in a more efficient user experience within the application, while also increasing the overall accuracy of the information input by the user. Along with the UX/UI re-design, I took this opportunity to remove built-up tech debt in the application to allow us to react more swiftly to future enhancements. The roll-out of this new application included a data migration effort that I also completed utilizing Microsoft SQL.
Complete Design of Custom Built RFQ Application
Led design and architecture of new Request for Quote (RFQ) application within custom-built ERP system.
Designed and Implemented Revision History Application
Led the complete design and implementation of a new Revision History Application within custom-built ERP system.
This product saved time for internal users when trying to answer ‘how did the purchase order get this way?'. This product is extremely vital when dealing with the amount of turnover we had with our buyers.
This product also saved immense amounts of time for our suppliers as they had dedicated resources assigned to try and figure out what changed from PO to PO revisions. The information would get constantly lost or overlooked, resulting in critical delays in production
Designed and Implemented Tool to Capture Trace-ability Information from Suppliers
Led the design and implementation of a process that would capture and store trace-ability information from suppliers.
Migrated Current Application Logic into Public APIs
Spearheaded effort to remove logic from within applications and create public APIs.
Redesigned Purchase Order Release Process
Full re-design of the fragmented/independent process into a fully integrated message-bus architecture solution.
Project Manager for all Supply Chain Specific Applications
Managed a team of 7 developers and 2 product managers through the development of all supply chain specific applications.
Implemented Automatic Attachment and Sending of Relevant Documents to Suppliers
Led the design and implementation of a solution that automatically determines, attaches, and sends documents to suppliers.
Architect of Master Data Design for Canada-based Insurance Company
Created Master Data design for SAP ERP implementation for Canada-based insurance company.
Utilized Machine Learning to Predict Should-cost for Parts
Led the development for the creation of a should-cost pricing tool that utilized machine learning for greater accuracy.
Full Design and Implementation of CRM System for US Insurance Company
Led the complete design and implementation of a CRM system used by US Insurance company call center.
Designed and Implemented a Workflow System for Clients Within Insurance and Finance Industries
Designed and implemented a workflow system for multiple clients within the insurance and finance industries.
Implemented Integration Between ERP System and External Collection Agencies for Insurance and Finance Clients
Led a successful integration between ERP system and external Collection Agencies used to manage delinquent customers.
Implemented Payment Processing into ERP Systems for Companies in Insurance and Finance Industries
Implemented payment process capabilities into ERP system for companies in the US/Canada in the insurance/finance industries.
Designed and Implemented Refund Processes for Clients Within Insurance and Finance Industries
Designed and implemented refund processing in ERP system for clients across the US and Canada.
Designed and Implemented Correspondence/dunning Processes for Clients Within Insurance and Finance Industries
Designed and implemented correspondence/dunning processes for multiple clients within the insurance and finance industries.
Redesigned Purchase Order Approval Process
Led the successful redesign of the purchase order approval process with an automated workflow to determine approvals needed.
Grew Punchout Supplier Base Through cXML Integrations
Led the growth of our punchout system supplier base by consulting suppliers and incorporating standard cXML field additions.
Created a Push/Pull Need Date Tool to Update Records in Mass
Designed and implemented an email watcher tool that will change dates on purchase orders in mass.
Complete Redesign of Purchase Order PDF
Led the full re-design of purchase order PDF that is sent to every supplier when purchasing any service or good.
Bachelor's Degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
Michigan State University - East Lansing, MI
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring