Owner2003 - PRESENTChris Hjorth Creations
- Defined multiple products and product enhancement requirements through client and end-user research and interviews.
- Designed multiple products and user experiences getting all parties in agreement through user stories and wireframes.
- Developed and launched multiple products, singlehandedly, joining clients teams and managing outsourced resources.
- Launched personal microbusinesses as technology and product experiments as a lifelong learning tool.
- Contributed to client projects including customized and faster accountancy software, real-time solar energy dashboard plugins for the web, communication platform that combines messaging and email while separating private life and work life, web-based video editing tool, web-based document review tool, educational biotech game, robot walking algorithm implementations, and multiple smartphone and tablet consumer apps.
New Ventures Technology Consultant at Innovation Accelerator2017 - 2019United Nations World Food Programme
- Designed and implemented a solution to digitalize malnutrition monitoring for children in remote developing locations with little network and electricity infrastructure.
- Traveled to remote locations including a war zone to gather information from users and stakeholders to ensure product success.
- Trained non-tech-savvy users in the usage of a new product.
- Managed multiple outsourced resources to ensure meeting of tight deadlines and budgets through a combination of Jira, Trello, Sourcetree, and custom workflows.
- Won a GLOMO award for the digitalization of malnutrition in 2019 with the SCOPE CODA product.
- Mentored multiple startups going through the accelerator's boot camps on product strategy and development.
- Researched and advised on cutting edge technology innovations such as blockchain and various artificial intelligence approaches and their feasibility in the scope of the innovation accelerator's operations in developing countries.
- Implemented and facilitated OKRs across the entire innovation accelerator departments teams that include different areas of work as well as locations.
Co-founder and VP of Engineering and Product2015 - 2017Woomio
- Managed the product from inception towards product-market fit and profitability continuously collaborating with the sales team.
- Pivoted from eCommerce omnichannel focus to influencer marketing in response to the market in the early days of the business.
- Defined the tools and methods in the company's working culture with the goal to keep operations fast and lean as well as to improve internal communications.
- Implemented and facilitated OKRs in order to speed up operations.
- Hired developer and designer talent.
- Launched product features as MVPs on top of core product avoiding cannibalization and keeping existing users engaged.
- Raised funds from multiple high profile Danish investors.
- Designed an Instagram analytics tool that spurred growth attracting users to the Woomio platform.
Co-founder and CTO2014 - 2016Sharingear
- Researched the market and competition to identify needs and pains and potential product fit.
- Architected, developed, and launched a fully-featured two-sided online marketplace in three months.
- Hired developer talent.
- Designed a developer experience and company culture that allowed junior developers to punch above their weight in a safe environment.
- Acted as product manager.
- Graduated from Startupbootcamp Mobile 2014 in Copenhagen.
- Received endorsement for the product from multiple known bands in the rock music scene.
Co-founder and Chief Design Officer2011 - 2013Snapp
- Helped clients define requested product features to be implemented in order to serve their best interest balancing context and available resources.
- Managed requested products and features, defining roadmaps, sprints, tests and launches.
- Launched multiple apps and updates on existing products.
- Co-founded multiple startups as a service, as a part of our company offering.
- Produced user stories and wireframes ensuring that all parties were in agreement on features to be developed.
- Worked with clients including Arla, Deloitte, and Kiloo.
Teaching Assistant at Media Department2010 - 2010Aalborg University
- Taught students C and C++ programming languages.
- Introduced students to OpenCV computer vision programming.
- Adapted the programming course so that students would be equipped to create MVPs more than prototypes.
- Introduced students to OpenFrameworks graphical interface programming.
- Held a lecture on OpenCV and OpenFrameworks.