Co-founder | Head of Product2018 - 2019Da-Mas.org
- Created scalable processes for our partner charity, Teach for Mexico, to follow the implementation of Da-Mas.org technology in their country.
- Managed the full cycle of product discovery, roadmap (development and prioritization), design, and implementation (with one of my co-founders handling development and the other handling corporate fundraising).
- Co-founded an organization which funded 130+ projects worth more than US$100,000 for schools in Mexico.
- Advised the team in Mexico on the day-to-day platform implementation including Process Design, Agile Coaching and Training.
- Managed the project handover to the partner charity in late 2019 (partner decided to sunset the technology).
Software Architect | Product Manager2017 - 2018An Online Freelance Agency
- Managed enterprise software development projects with globally distributed teams (designers and developers) for several US-based clients (including Fortune 500).
- Oversaw and was responsible for software architecture and product and project management.
- Acted as an agile coach for the design/engineering team and client stakeholders.
- Managed the product requirement documents (PRDs) and interviewed stakeholders to ensure requirements alignment.
- Ensured compliance of process and product for enterprise customers with strict/complex requirements.
Co-founder | CEO | Product Manager2017 - 2018Homies.io
- Co-founded a software agency as a public benefit corporation, where we spent 50% of our time pro-bono or heavily discounted working on impact projects.
- Grew the agency to 25 consultants at its peak.
- Worked with notable clients including Handup.org, King.com, Outdoorsy, Orthly, Noson.io and Netramark.
Technical Project Manager2016 - 2017Udacity
- Worked remotely as part of the founding team for Udacity Blitz, a small division that created a software agency model on top of the core $2+ billion Udacity educational business.
- Created internal products fully from the product ideation, design, development, to the final launch.
- Managed client projects across IoT, fintech, health tech, VR, and more.
- Researched the market and competition, interviewed customers to generate compelling user stories.
- Provided strategic input to the company, from prior market experience and new research, in the design of the agency business unit.
Product Manager2015 - 2016An Online Freelance Agency
- Managed projects worth more than US$2.5 million for the agency, with 50+ designers and developers under management at any given time.
- Consistently rated in the top 1% amongst 600+ contractors on the platform based on client satisfaction and team reviews.
- Oversaw and was responsible for both product and project management on client projects.
- Gained experience across industries (fintech, edtech, healthcare, marketplaces, social, IoT, and so on), company stages (bootstrapped startups through Fortune 500) and platforms (web, mobile, hardware).
- Worked remotely with a globally distributed team spanning California/PST through to Australian timezones, and everything in between.
Co-founder | Partner2013 - 2015StartupBus Africa
- Co-founded a nonprofit that organized hackathons on buses across sub-Saharan Africa. The nonprofit ended-up scaling to 16 countries under the name Ampion.org. My previous startup, Sterio.me, started on the first edition of StartupBus Africa.
- Oversaw and was responsible for partnerships with co-working spaces, startup/founder networks, and conferences across the continent.
- Created a mentor network so that participants could receive guidance on their ideas during (and after) the five-day event.
Co-founder | CEO2013 - 2015Sterio.me
- Oversaw and was responsible for fundraising, hiring, the product, and more as the CEO of a small startup (ten people at our peak).
- Was featured on the BBC, Guardian, WIRED, El Mercurio, and more.
- Won various awards, was part of Start-Up Chile, WISE Accelerator, and was accepted to the Unreasonable Institute Global.
- Created technology that enabled teachers to send homework to students' mobile phones using SMS and IVR technology so that students in our market of Lesotho could access content using feature phones (and no internet).
- Gained experience in education technology, mobile, and web applications as well as startups in the Latin American and African markets.