Verified Expert in Product Management
Donna has over 15 years of digital experience across the AgriTech, mining, not-for-profits, education, and government industries with her longest tenure in the finance sector. She delivered an Agile Maturity Roadmap for a government agency and internationally rolled out a financial planning tool for HSBC. Leveraging agile and design thinking, she helps alter the mindset of teams to become product-focused, driving value strategically and tactically.
Consultant - Product Management and Agile
- Delivered an Agile Maturity Roadmap for a government agency to help them on their Agile journey.
- Crafted and delivered an 'Intro to Product Owner Training' for clients and internal staff; "Talking to the things that no-one tells you about."
- Created an operating model for an analytics function and drove the change management activities, as well as facilitated sessions with the client team to understand the roadmap.
- Carried out discovery in the education sector to understand the impacts to a new method of delivering courses and presented the approach for implementation.
- Nominated for the Women in Technology Award - Perth for my work in the technology sector and mentoring individuals through product mindset and product ownership.
- Supported multiple teams in fleshing out their product vision and understanding more about their customers through design thinking techniques.
- Led teams of 4-10 people delivering operating models, digital products and carrying out product discovery work.
- In some cases coached multiple teams of 4+ in parallel in developing a product mindset and leveraging Agile, Design Thinking and Lean UX.
Head of Product Management and Product Coach
- Drove business development with both existing clients and new.
- Proved the proof-of-concept that product owner consultants can be useful in large agile companies.
- Served as scrum master for a team doing groundbreaking work in agriculture and mining, leading a cross functional team of 15+ people.
- Increased the internal understanding of Agile and how it can be leveraged both within the company and also with clients.
- Recruited and developed 2 Product Managers in how to manage product with external clients.
- Identified business opportunities and built pitch decks to support.
Digital Sales Channel Manager anz.com
- Created a demand process for any enterprise demand for the ANZ website.
- Trained and mentored product owners, user experience, and business analysts, at it's peak it was 20+ people.
- Supported 100+ departments through an enterprise Agile transformation.
- Led program increment (PI) planning for 100+ people working in agile teams across the channel.
- Created a strategy for anz.com and developed a program backlog.
- Opened a Digital Front Door to manage and prioritise incoming demand leveraging business canvas to understand the true business need.
Agile Product Owner
- Created a mobile-optimized version of the credit card application to support the customers' channel of choice.
- Developed and mentored individuals in the digital space to help them advance their careers and identify goals.
- Helped get a project out of a sticky situation with delivery through multiple backlog management boards.
- Refined the targets for the Online Home Loan Portfolio to reflect changes in the market and the product offering.
- Navigated several roles within Bankwest to gain in-depth understanding of customers' end-to-end experience and ultimately, improving it through technology and process improvements.
- Managed a team of 4 external vendors who were building the new website as well as indirectly managing a team of 6+ people who were internally creating content for the new website.
Digital Experience Manager
- Rolled out a financial planning tool across Dubai, South Africa, Jersey, and Isle of Man.
- Managed the delivery of the new international HSBC brand on the website.
- Delivered a tax navigator tool for expats looking to understand information about countries they are planning to move away from or to, via Deloitte.
- Supported the delivery of the Expat Explorer tool, an interactive map that can help Expats identify where they might want to live based on criteria that matter to them.
ANZ Strategy and Ways of Workinghttp://www.anz.com.au
Led the strategy across the website and supported the delivery of a digital front door. Part of the agile transformation supporting product owners on what/how they deliver.
Another key part of this role was helping the agile teams work together and identify the best way to operate and deliver value. This was both a process change and a heavy cultural shift as they were suffering restructure fatigue.
As the change came in for a wider transformation, the work became more about supporting the teams as a leader to help them navigate the change. This experience has helped me understand how I can help current clients navigate change.
Foundations in Product Management
Certified Safe Scrum Master
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring