Product Line Manager2018 - PRESENTCACI
- Developed IDIQ Product Pricing Proposals with complete cost support worth $3.1 million over three years.
- Composed a product forecast report in Oracle process providing real-time data and increased detail while reducing the time from eight hours to 15 minutes per week.
- Built product roadmaps for major LGS products—this has not been done for seven years.
- Constructed an analysis tool to assess financial, technical, production, and field risk for all proposed product changes.
- Developed custom functions within the Oracle-based reporting application (OMS) that provided accurate monthly and quarterly financial results for customer projects.
- Provided direction to application developers to improve the system to accurately and quickly provide customer quotes.
- Developed, maintained, and implemented pricing templates and quoting tools; created product cost estimates.
- Managed the product line structure and maintained database design and integrity.
- Co-authored the FFP Pricing Process used by LGS and other NSIS business units.
- Improved FFP quote accuracy and reduced customer response time by creating a collaborative tool to capture team comments, concerns, and decisions.
Executive Coach | Product Management Expert2017 - PRESENTDoug Ringer
- Consulted with organizations in diverse industries, including consumer and industrial products, security, technology, transportation, healthcare, and manufacturing to move faster to grow revenue, improve profits, and deliver greater customer value.
- Added profitable new products and services, improved organizational performance and customer experience, grew revenue & margins, and advised expansion through partnerships and acquisitions.
- Coached CEOs on topics including increasing revenue, organizational development, and startup funding.
Senior Product Manager2014 - 2018Pelco
- Generated $55 million in annual revenue by launching two product lines in less than 16 months.
- Collaborated with R&D, technology partners, and global supply chain to develop new products in less time and with lower costs.
- Reduced product cost by over 30% and increased margin by $9.5 million with two product lines.
- Set global pricing for a complex tiered product line that increased sales volume 25%.
- Developed a three-year product strategy—streamlining product lines and increasing flexibility and sales efficiencies.
Director of Product Development2013 - 2014LogicMark
- Led industrialization and stabilized the supply chain for four new products worth $2 million per year at two factories in Asia.
- Generated $3 million in annual revenue by creating and launching two new product lines.
- Selected a new engineering design firm for product maintenance and fresh designs, resulting in the release of the top-tier product.
Senior Product Manager2010 - 2013Meritor
- Increased revenue by 16% and margin by 25% by focusing on marketing programs and customer and sales training.
- Developed and launched two completely new product lines for adjacent markets, realizing over $2 million in revenue in the first year, exceeding the target by 300%.
- Collaborated with the sales team and supplier to develop and close a multi-year, $1.7-million sales agreement.
Senior Product Marketing Manager2004 - 2008Honeywell
- Delivered a new product line and 15% below budget in under 12 months by leveraging existing designs and global supply chain efficiencies.
- Grew business unit revenue 12% annually by developing and marketing new product lines.
- Reduced product line cost by over 20% while enhancing quality, performance, and delivery through improved supplier management.
- Increased product line revenue by 50% by improving marketing strategies, product quality, and availability.
Senior Program Manager2001 - 2004Ericsson
- Achieved telecommunications device product performance, quality, schedule, and cost goals for a $6.5-million development project.
- Increased product quality and efficiency as an in-house consultant to two engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Developed operating procedures for a new engineering maintenance organization—resulting in an effective, efficient, and respectful method of interaction between customers, R&D engineering, and production.
Senior Staff Engineer1989 - 2001General Electric
- Led a product engineering team as production volume increased 240% in one year.
- Reduced scrap from $71,000 to $1.5,000 per month by improving product design and supplier performance.
- Improved production yields 40% in less than five months by improving training and test procedures.
- Led technical, manufacturing, and quality personnel in root cause analysis processes that increased production yield by 25%.
- Improved customer acceptance rate from 79% to 97% in less than five months.
- Increased revenue by $600,000 per month by solving high-volume production facility technical issues.