Digital Product Owner2020 - PRESENTAnthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Led and launched My Health Records on mobile and web, presenting a unified, explorable health data dashboard of lab results, health conditions, and several other key medical data that delivered 17x return on engagement expectations.
- Oversaw the product design and development of the Foundry Member Foundation, a rapid prototyping environment and experience that allows all development teams to more quickly test new product concepts to market.
- Oversaw the development of a machine learning-based prescription label data extraction project that has been incorporated into additional image capture programs such as COVID-19 vaccine card projects.
Deputy Product Owner2019 - 2020Enterprise SaaS Platform (via Toptal)
- Brought on to design and launch complex, new products to support their continued expansion into enterprise and government clients.
- Designed a complete web-based form-building tool that supports complex logic, automation, and integrations to third-party platforms.
- Provided expertise in the design of a new version of their existing platform with design and brand recommendations.
Product and Project Management Advisor2019 - 2020MyChapterRoom
- Brought on as both a product and project manager to help the CEO launch new products to market and optimize the development team's performance.
- Analyzed and improved the overall performance of the product development process to ensure they are fully optimized and delivering new features at the best tempo possible.
- Helped support the launch of a new product strategy to sell to enterprise-level clients. Supported with expertise in product pillars, positioning, and contracting to close the largest client to date.
- Developed a new brand strategy, made improvements to the overall marketing site, and launched a new marketing campaign to increase the conversion of visitors to their public site.
Chief Product Officer, Co-Founder2017 - 2019Harness Wealth (harnesswealth.com)
- Brought in to jump-start the product and get it up and running.
- Collaborated with CEO for over a year during which time I oversaw the development of the entire initial platform guiding the product and engineering teams which I grew from 1 to 7 during that time.
- Coordinated the initial beta and friends and family stealth product launches and early iterations to step the business up for continued growth.
- Crafted go to market product experience and roadmap which was achieved over the first 9 months of operations of the business.
- Built and managed product, design and engineering teams supporting all front-end, back-end, data strategy and product design with a culture focused on tight collaboration, transparency, mentoring within the work hard/have fun framework.
- Oversaw performance of the initial Harness Wealth products with on-boarding rates over 94%.
- Led strategic integrations into Plaid and HelloSign to support compliance and financial reporting.
Vice President of Product Management2015 - 2017Hometeam (hometeamcare.com)
- Led the creation of all product roadmaps, the customer research methodology, the establishment of the product and UX teams, product development methodology, and launching of all key products and services.
- Led Hometeam’s transformation from an innovative, but limited, direct-to-consumer product/service into the enterprise product market leader increasing ARR from $8 million to $50 million, decreasing controllable churn to under 3%, and establishing an industry-leading net promoter score of 67.
- Led the identification and transformation of Hometeam’s product portfolio and team to enter the enterprise healthcare market to deliver an innovative real-time healthcare management solution that identifies and tracks member’s stability, improvements, and health issues over time, and provides the new ability to intervene before issues turn into emergencies to lower healthcare per member per month spend.
- Led the design and build out of Hometeam’s first multi-platform handheld app and integrated care plan technology to proactively manage a member’s health through real-time alerts and integrated services that bring transparency to member’s lives. This innovative platform utilizes all aspects of Hometeam’s strengths in proactive care coordination, technology, and service quality excellence to deliver a new and better experience to the in-home care market.
- Rebuilt Hometeam’s member on-boarding experience to deliver the highest conversion rates in the company’s history.
- This new, unique healthcare-focused customer-care platform supports critical service functions including staff task assignment, SLA performance tracking, and integrated insights into a member’s health.
Vice President of Product Management2013 - 2016ShopKeep (Shopkeep.com)
- Oversaw all product management. During my time leading product, ShopKeep doubled growth each year with conversion rates over 30% (April 2015), monthly churn of 1.2% (April 2015) and growth from $4 to $15 million ARR.
- Led go-to-market product strategy for new market expansion into full-service restaurants and bars, value chain MRR growth products, on-boarding conversion, successful redesigns of all core products, new Apple iOS, and web products, API product strategy, hardware platform, and integration with strategic partners.
- Launched first go-to-market product strategy and on-going roadmap to penetrate the full-service restaurants and bars market building from a 10% to a 23% conversion rate, 280% growth in the number of restaurants YOY, and achieving growth to 18% (April 2015) of total customer base within one year of launch.
- Designed and launched ShopKeep Marketing Dashboard, a new product utilized by 73% of users that combined merchant customer acquisition analytics and integrated MailChimp direct mail capabilities (14% integrated) for a complete product experience that increased merchant customer acquisition from 6% to 26% of total transactions.
- Launched ShopKeep Pocket, an iOS app that delivers real-time comparative analytics on store operations. This engagement product is used by 63% of merchants checking-in on their business 12 times per day on average. Also designed ShopKeep Apple Watch extension for further market adoption for launch Summer 2015.
- Launched ShopKeep’s 2.0 Register reducing user workflow by 36%, a flat UX design with a new signup experience to include experiential branding, leading to an increase in trial conversion overall for the business.
- Designed and launched integrated gift cards, a new MRR extension product that combined deep POS operations and allowed for multiple programs to be utilized through our payment gateway provider. Within 6 months, this product had increased to 15% of the customer base and increased retention by +16% at month 8.
Vice President of Product Management2011 - 2013Gust (gust.com)
- Led Gust’s global product and technology strategy and oversaw the teams responsible for the design and development of all products and services. My primary focus was to aggressively expand Gust’s footprint, develop revenue-generating product offerings that meet each segment’s particular needs, and create high-performing teams to penetrate and expand understanding and ownership of these markets.
- Identified the initial product offering to entrepreneurs and individual investors through deep market research, direct customer interviews, and collaboration with key departments.
- Hired the product, UX, design, copywriting, and web development teams from scratch to a team of 20, establishing New York City as the core product and development center. Cultivated a positive, performance-oriented, collaborative culture. Established growth plans and retention strategies that were implemented company-wide.
- Oversaw the product and architecture redesign of the core Gust platform. This re-design allowed Gust to 1) expand sales opportunities to enterprise, individual investors, and entrepreneur direct-to-consumer markets, 2) react to opportunities more effectively through rapid release cycles, 3) support full internationalization for language and currency, and, 4) establish viral acquisition strategies to decrease marketing spend where possible.
Director of Product Management2008 - 2011TheLadders (theladders.com)
- Held senior management responsibility for the strategic product roadmap for the recruit.theladders.com and theladders.co.uk with a primary focus developing solutions to help HR professionals and recruiters find and place candidates for senior positions.
- Delivered the first-to-market launch of a new social recruiting product called “My Pipeline” that allowed recruiters to instantly deliver job-related content to a talent pool of candidates who have signed up to receive hiring updates. This product established a new communications channel for customers delivering an open rate of 44% on the messages and increased brand exposure for corporations.
- Designed and launched the first US and UK recruitment eCommerce sites leading to $1+ million top-line revenue in its first 9 months. Through detailed data/usage analysis and usability testing, optimized conversion for forecasted growth to over $3.5 million exceeding projections by over 52%.
- Increased search product usage by developing a new search platform that delivered an increase in search results, better zero results handling, and improved accuracy of results leading to an 81% first-page click-through rate, 75% increase in searches run by recruiter per session, and a less than 5% abandonment rate on search results.
Senior User Experience Lead2007 - 2008Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide
- Led the full site redesign efforts for various top tier hotel brands in Starwood’s $1.8 billion Global Web Services division supported by strong partnerships with critical technical and brand leadership.
- Led the user experience for the full site redesign efforts of Aloft and Element Hotel websites with primarily responsibility implementing user research, information architecture, prototyping, and user testing.
- Managed and designed Starwood’s first fully-dedicated travel professional website, StarwoodPro.com, by conducting user research, wireframes development, stakeholder interviews, and other UX methodologies.
- Led user experience design for Microsoft Surface application projects with Sheraton Hotels. We were one of only three companies engaged with Microsoft in this technology.
Vice President of Strategic Initiatives2003 - 2007Ellery Homestyles
- Managed the system design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide corporate restructuring and knowledge management systems driving increased revenue from $30 million to $100 million without increased overhead within 2 years.