Senior Product Director2017 - 2019CenturyLink
- Built a 15-person team overachieving $1.6 billion annual sales/margin targets (exceeding industry CAGR by 2%).
- Launched the company’s first fully-digital (UX) VoIP offer: supporting unassisted app-initiated sales to self-service provisioning.
- Facilitated the transformation from underdog to NG911market leader integrating new i3 technologies, expanding into new markets and successfully migrating statewide networks.
- Served as the product owner for a $10 million agile IT investment which consisted of aligning a 200-member coalition to transform 500,000 customers to next-gen IP services.
- Developed IoT bundles, IP-enabling controls, refrigeration, and other systems in 10,000 pharmacy/supermarket locations.
Product Director2009 - 2017CenturyLink
- Grew annual internet, MPLS, and IT security revenues from $400 million to $1.2 billion in year four of a five-year plan.
- Incubated the first major service provider offer which generated substantial SD-WAN sales as an MPLS base replacement.
- Expanded the base by 20,000 customers/200,000 sites through new product development, virtualization, and industry-first pricing/business models.
- Exited four under-performing businesses; closing one, migrating one, and building virtualized services to replace the other two.
- Launched cloud security and DDoS offerings to replace traditional on-premise equivalents.
Program Manager, New Technologies2006 - 2009Qwest Communications
- Incubated next-generation solutions for market delivery within 18 months by developed partnerships, conducting market trials, and creating analyst messages.
- Oversaw a $25 million development budget and 30+person team and created new VoIP, security, and cloud services.
- Launched federal-compliant mobility, wireless, and authentication services in support of large agency contracts.
Software Developer and Manager1990 - 2006Various Clients (including AOL, ANS, MCI/WorldCom)
- Built secure OS kernel, firewall, SMTP, and DNS applications in secure C/Unix environments.
- Developed multithreaded firewall applications to support high transaction volumes.
- Participated in internet engineering tasks force (IETF) on various topics including DNS and Sendmail.
- Managed development teams of three-to-ten engineers.