Vice President, Product Development2017 - 2019Quantarium
- Led the business strategy, development of new products, marketing, and sales operations processes for a software engineering and Cloud computing business unit. I oversaw the implementation of core business metrics, revenue modeling, and customer and partner development.
- Developed a platform that uses artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer vision to make predictions and provide home valuations in the real estate industry.
- Designed, developed, and implemented a corporate spin-out from the parent company. Planned to unlock latent business value and position the company for an over 100% compound annual growth rate.
- Directed product development strategy, and the successful launch of a new Amazon Web Services B2B eCommerce portal to achieve greater distribution of products and services.
- Cultivated the development of an innovation and intellectual property pipeline, including the filing of numerous new patents.
- Designed and implemented business plans to grow booked revenue from $5 to $50 million in five years.
Chief Product Officer2015 - 2017Trensant
- Led the development and commercialization of Trensant’s patented portfolio of graph databases, text analytics pipelines, machine learning algorithms, and SaaS API’s–with monthly venture-funding, and an international development team of data science and software engineering Ph. Ds.
- Secured board approval, and implemented a new Software as a Service (SaaS) business model, assembling value proposition, sales motion, and P&L to achieve geometric revenue growth with only linear increases in cost.
- Successfully launched a new SaaS API, and landed numerous channel partners including Microsoft, Domo, Qlik, Tableau, and PointLogic.
- Recognized by Gartner Group as a 2013 “Cool Vendor” in the Content and Social Analytics category.
Principal Program Manager, Artificial Intelligence2013 - 2015Microsoft
- Led the technical program management for several artificial intelligence and machine learning initiatives on behalf of Microsoft Research’s Academic Outreach team.
- Developed and led the functional design of core features for Project CodaLab, and over 60 online Executable Papers for computer scientists to enhance productivity and consistency in data-driven research.
- Hosted and enabled over 200 machine learning data science competitions.
- Identified and retained collaborators to specify, design, develop, and launch http://www.codalab.org as an open source, GitHub-hosted project.
- Established and grew a highly specialized and technical community of machine learning experts from zero to over 3,000 members.
Managing Partner2011 - 2013Inception Capital Management
- Boutique venture firm specializing in secondary offerings.
- Facebook shares (pre-IPO).
- Twitter shares (pre-IPO).
- Genprex shares (pre-IPO).
Director, Business Strategy and Market Development2010 - 2011Microsoft
- Established new partnerships on behalf of Microsoft Research Asia for product development, technology transfer, and strategic sourcing with software development partners.
- Led Microsoft's innovation and market access agenda with the Chinese government, industry, and academia.
- Managed a USD 150 million P&L supporting an organization of 130 people.
- Grew Microsoft's investment in the China Partner Ecosystem by over 33% or USD 50 million.
- Established the company's first formal Market Research function focused on Microsoft Partners in China, unleashing a wave of Sino-Centric insight.
Enterprise Partner Marketing Manager2007 - 2010Microsoft
- Drove executive engagement for Microsoft's top 150 Financial Services customers, expanding to cover Enterprise Partners across all sector and industry verticals.
- Conceived and delivered a balanced portfolio of relationship marketing programs to enhance Microsoft's relationships with CxOs, incorporating their feedback into actionable initiatives that drove Microsoft's solution, product, and business development.
- Secured a $1.3 billion per year marketing pipeline in financial services during the fiscal year 2008, fueling a 12% CAGR in sector sales.
- Increased Microsoft’s marketing-influenced enterprise partner sales pipeline during the economic downturn of 2008-2009 by 26% or $1.8 billion per year across all sector and industry verticals.
- Redesigned the Microsoft Enterprise Marketing’s entire business architecture, enabling teams of industry analysts to nearly double their customer-facing time while halving the time required for operational tasks.