Owner | Agile Product Management and Product Design Consulting2016 - PRESENTScenic West Consulting, LLC
- Provided freelance/contract user experience and product management consulting and leadership.
- Helped companies build Agile product teams.
- Coordinated with startups to lead UX and product strategy for new products.
- Worked with large eCommerce companies to optimize cross-device experiences for maximum conversion rates and AOV through user experience improvements.
- Collaborated with education tech companies and professional associations to create engaging online community experiences that sell courses, memberships, etc.
- Worked with PamperedChef (via Toptal) to design a new mobile checkout experience for their in-home shopping parties, which won an industry innovation award for them.
- Worked with GetSpoonfed.com (via Toptal) to redesign their food and beverage retail online ordering SaaS platform.
Ecommerce Agile Product Manager and User Experience Lead2013 - 2016CustomInk
- Held various Agile Product Manager and UX Lead roles in CustomInk's eCommerce product design and development team.
- Led the framework design of a cross-device, interactive custom t-shirt design lab to replace the current lab.
- Managed product and led UX development for CustomInk's new responsive style guide/UI framework, which supports UI development for our continuous deployment product development team.
- Managed product and led UX development for Booster.com eCommerce buyer experiences including shopping cart and product pages.
- Led UX design for Booster.com's mobile-first responsive shopping cart.
Education Technology Product and User Experience Leader2013 - 2016YourMembership
- Led responsive UX efforts for client implementations of YourMembership Learning's highly customizable Learning Management System (LMS).
- Headed responsive UX design for a redesign of Intel's Retail Edge online education and certification program and Intel's Reseller Training app.
- Oversaw UI development and visual design for Intel's Retail Edge program.
- Contributed to responsive UX design for Congress of Neurological Surgeon's (CNS) Neurosurgery Wiki.
- Worked on American College of Cardiology's board exam test prep app.
Agile Product Manager and User Experience Leader2012 - 2013Brazen Careerist
- Worked with the CEO, CTO, and COO to turn high-level business goals into a product roadmap.
- Owned user experience/interaction design decisions for software, using workflow diagrams, wireframes, and rapid prototypes to convey concepts to stakeholders.
- Served as an Agile Scrum team product owner for Brazen Connect, our enterprise SaaS virtual career fair, open house, and networking event platform.
- Led the redesign of our corporate website.
- Trained and mentored digital marketing staff and web interns on HTML, CSS, UI layout best practices, and content strategy.
- Worked across the company, particularly with accounts, sales and marketing team leadership to identify product opportunities, conduct requirements gathering sessions, and document functional requirements in user stories for product backlog and upcoming releases.
User Experience Consultant2011 - 2011CGI Federal
- Led mobile development best practice research.
- Researched and evaluated native and mobile web application development options.
- Advised healthcare team leadership on mobile user experience best practices.
- Created wireframes for recommended features for MyMedicare.gov mobile website.
User Experience Lead/Web Application Developer2010 - 2011Booz Allen Hamilton
- Led user experience, prototyping, front-end development, and user research/testing for internal business intelligence web apps.
- Worked with clients/senior level stakeholders to gather requirements, establish the timeline, and plan products.
- Produced wireframes for new business intelligence web applications requested by company leadership.
- Conducted user training sessions and wrote user documentation.
- Improved business processes, data collection, and reporting practices through technical solutions and enhanced business processes.
Web Development and Training Specialist2008 - 2010St. Mary's College of Maryland
- Oversaw all project management and led front-end web development and site architecture for a college website, and supported the content management system.
- Led site content migration and redesign projects supporting the implementation of a new content management system.
- Wrote a web style guide, web technical guide, social network guidelines, CMS user documentation, and other training documentation for the college.
- Created and managed the college's CMS training and user support program supporting over 200 web editors.
- Managed the Web Services Intern Program.
- Managed social networking guidelines and training efforts for the college.
- Supervised web content development of all offices and departments on campus.