Owner | Agile Product Management and Product Design Consulting2016 - PRESENTScenic West Design, LLC
- Built and led a team of product managers, UX/UI designers, and product/UX strategists working with Agile product teams to create or iterate on existing products.
- Helped companies build Agile product teams and mentored junior- and mid-level product managers and UX/UI designers.
- Collaborated with startups to lead UX and product strategy for new products.
- Worked with large eCommerce companies to optimize cross-device experiences for maximum conversion rates and AOV through user experience improvements.
- Collaborated with education tech companies and professional associations to create engaging online community experiences that sell courses, memberships, etc.
- Worked with PamperedChef (via Toptal) to design a new mobile checkout experience for their in-home shopping parties, which won an industry innovation award for them.
- Worked with GetSpoonfed.com (via Toptal) to redesign their food and beverage retail online ordering SaaS platform.
- Worked with B2B SaaS companies in HR tech, fin tech, manufacturing, and other industries.
- Worked with B2B SaaS companies to create ML/AI products.
- Worked with product teams to establish beta launch plans and Agile customer feedback loops.
eCommerce Agile Product Manager and User Experience Lead2013 - 2016CustomInk
- Held various agile product manager and UX lead roles in CustomInk's eCommerce product design and development team.
- Led the framework design of a cross-device, interactive custom t-shirt design lab to replace the current lab.
- Managed product and led UX development for CustomInk's new responsive style guide/UI framework, which supports UI development for our continuous deployment product development team.
- Managed product and led UX development for Booster.com eCommerce buyer experiences, including shopping cart and product pages.
- Led UX design for Booster.com's mobile-first responsive shopping cart.
Education Technology Product and User Experience Leader2013 - 2016YourMembership
- Led responsive UX efforts for client implementations of YourMembership Learning's highly customizable learning management system (LMS).
- Headed responsive UX design to redesign Intel's Retail Edge online education and certification program and Intel's Reseller Training app.
- Oversaw UI development and visual design for Intel's Retail Edge program.
- Contributed to responsive UX design for the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS) Neurosurgery Wiki.
- Worked on the American College of Cardiology's board exam test prep app.
Agile Product Manager and User Experience Leader2012 - 2013Brazen Careerist
- Worked with the CEO, CTO, and COO to turn high-level business goals into a product roadmap.
- Owned user experience/interaction design decisions for software, using workflow diagrams, wireframes, and rapid prototypes to convey concepts to stakeholders.
- Served as an Agile Scrum team product owner for Brazen Connect, our enterprise SaaS virtual career fair, open house, and networking event platform.
- Led the redesign of our corporate website in support of improved product marketing.
- Trained and mentored digital marketing staff and web interns on HTML, CSS, UI layout best practices, and content strategy.
- Worked across the company, particularly with accounts, sales, and marketing team leadership, to identify product opportunities, conduct requirements gathering sessions, and document functional requirements in user stories.
User Experience Consultant2011 - 2011CGI Federal
- Led mobile development best practice research.
- Researched and evaluated native and mobile web application development options.
- Advised healthcare team leadership on mobile user experience best practices.
- Created wireframes for recommended features for MyMedicare.gov mobile website.
User Experience Lead/Web Application Developer2010 - 2011Booz Allen Hamilton
- Led user experience, prototyping, front-end development, and user research/testing for internal business intelligence web apps.
- Worked with clients/senior level stakeholders to gather requirements, establish the timeline, and plan products.
- Produced wireframes for new business intelligence web applications requested by company leadership.
- Conducted user training sessions and wrote user documentation.
- Improved business processes, data collection, and reporting practices through technical solutions and enhanced business processes.
Web Development and Training Specialist2008 - 2010St. Mary's College of Maryland
- Oversaw all project management and led front-end web development and site architecture for a college website, and supported the content management system.
- Led site content migration and redesign projects supporting the implementation of a new content management system.
- Wrote a web style guide, web technical guide, social network guidelines, CMS user documentation, and other training documentation for the college.
- Created and managed the college's CMS training and user support program supporting over 200 web editors.
- Managed the Web Services Intern Program.
- Managed social networking guidelines and training efforts for the college.
- Supervised web content development of all offices and departments on campus.