COO2020 - PRESENTMunero Global Loyalty
- Led the product roadmap for the core eGift card distribution platform.
- Led the operations team to fulfill orders for multiple eCommerce fulfillment center.
- Developed a three-year business strategy to drive business growth and customer-centricity for various products.
- Structured, hired, and led a fully remote product development team.
Founder | Chief Executive Officer2017 - 2020City Points
- Developed the full business plan and feasibility study for the product.
- Developed and owned the customer loyalty product for the City Points program.
- Managed the underlying blockchain platform to enable real-time customer experience.
Global Program Development Manager2015 - 2017Etihad Airways
- Built the strategy and operational infrastructure; completed the planning and tendering structure for the product development of global online earn and burn propositions for loyalty programs.
- Designed a centralized partner operations hub, rolled-out a Salesforce CRM platform, and led the implementation of an accrual-and-redemptions travel shop.
- Constructed a global, product-management-strategy, and tendering process for loyalty and airline ancillary services, including online purchases, gifting, and transference of loyalty currency.
- Built-up strong cross-functional relationships; including a collaboration with finance, marketing, and IT to develop and present business cases to key GLC and Etihad Airlines Partners group stakeholders.
- Developed a partnership strategy and created the structure for the implementation of a global coalition loyalty product portfolio across four frequent flyer programs (Etihad Guest for Etihad Airways, Topbonus for Air Berlin, MilleMiglia for Alitalia, and JetPrivilege for Jet Airways).
- Generated business development pipeline and processes; devised a unified global partner value proposition.
Loyalty Services Director2010 - 2014Aimia, Inc.
- Generated more than 500% growth in profit.
- Spearheaded the transformation of the business culture by establishing and promoting performance-driven and transparency culture, employee empowerment, trust, accountability, team building, and engagement.
- Designed, developed, and managed innovative high-quality B2B and B2C product and services; introduced new real-time earn and burn product resulting in more than 40% customer spend penetration at Sharaf DG, the largest electronics retailer in the region.
- Brought operational precision and efficiency to the campaign management, loyalty platform, operations, digital marketing, program office, technical marketing, data services, and contact center departments across the Middle East region for a multibillion transactional coalition loyalty programs as well as B2B proprietary programs for key clients.
- Employed unique problem-solving skills and techniques to come up with breakthrough solutions.
- Coached, trained, and mentored high-performing cross-functional remote and local teams; transformed talent development and staff engagement through a comprehensive overhaul of the training, performance management, and succession planning that resulted in over 90% retention rate and more than 70% promotion rate.
- Led the end-to-end product management strategy and product roadmaps for the region from ideation, research down to the introduction of Agile Scrum methodology and a new program management office (PMO) practice for the region to increase awareness and improve structured delivery across the teams.
- Enhanced the digital innovation strategy by completing the planning phase for the regional loyalty identification and tracking mechanism strategy to enable innovative product development including mobile card-less loyalty scheme.
Director of IT and Operations2008 - 2010Aimia, Inc.
- Built a new digital department from scratch; brought function in-house and recruited high performing staff. Increased visitor traffic and customer engagement through targeted and personalized communication channels.
- Offered enhanced insights into clients, markets and competition.
- Set up the business intelligence department from scratch.
- Provided analysis, reports, and insights for corporate and retail partners.
- Achieved a 25% reduction in the contact center cost by designing and implementing a self-service interactive voice response (IVR) system for the loyalty program across the MENA region for the complete product portfolio.
- Exceeded targets by beating SLAs and operational KPIs by more than 5% across members and partners’ agreements.
- Negotiated cost reduction through selection, relationship management, and performance management of key business vendors.
Operations Manager2005 - 2008Aimia, Inc.
- Delivered a proprietary loyalty program for HSBC in four countries in less than four weeks; also aligned members, participants, suppliers, integration, statementing and quality control for the regional bank program.
- Started a business process management practice and managed and automated various business process engineering delivering cross-channel earn and redemption fulfillment process and brought high efficiency to the business.
- Achieved a 300% increase in traffic by revamping a member website product (Airmilesme.com) in three countries as well as Myrewardspoints.com in four countries for the HSBC program.
IT Manager2002 - 2005Aimia, Inc.
- Devised and implemented a bespoke CRM product for clients.
- Oversaw all of the day-to-day IT and operations for the Air Miles loyalty program in the region.
- Transformed the speed and clarity of communications between offices in UAE and Qatar by creating a new platform that connected the two regions.
MIS Manager & ERP (Scala)2000 - 2002Nestlé Waters
- Implemented an ERP system (Scala) across all business functions delivering high efficiency in manufacturing, sales, and procurement processes.
- Managed the IT in-house portfolio of the software and hardware.
Management Information System Officer1998 - 2000Atlas Investment Group
- Delivered a portfolio management system product for an internal customer to manage their customer accounts and funds.