Verified Expert in Product Management
Three words describe George; innovation, curiosity, and empathy. George has designed and delivered products that have been showcased for the President of the USA. He has worked in industries such as fintech, proptech, SaaS, consumer electronics, and aerospace, to name a few. He utilizes creativity to drive innovation for winning products from concept to launch.
Principal Product Manager
- Delivered personalized machine learning recommendations in the enterprise app store.
- Led the effort on the redesign effort on the enterprise store marketplace.
- Increased the ease of installing applications on enterprise devices for quick discovery and usage.
Product and Project Manager
- Communicated with stakeholders among Asia, Australia, and United States to ensure requirements were understood.
- Created and moved all requirements into Jira for transparency and status tracking.
- Provided insights on new developments and a status tracking methodology for the organization.
- Recommended ramp-up plan in building out a long-term agile team to sustain the development of existing products.
- Reviewed the current development status and created mapped out dependencies across current user stories to ensure the right resources can be allocated to achieve milestone.
Los Angeles County
- Created processes to streamline audio operators to improve audio sanitation by three times.
- Parsed through Japanese language recording and scripts as part of a $x billion-dollar initiative for 14 languages for the national election in 2020.
- Managed the development to post-production of Japanese audio recordings for the national election in 2020.
- Utilized an agile framework in the production environment, increasing efficiency.
- Oversaw the translation between Japanese and English scripts to ensure no biases from wordings will affect the outcome of the national election in 2020.
- Created the business model for new market entry in the proptech and fintech space.
- Generated insights and interview notes for the cryptocurrencies market.
- Collaborated between design and engineering to create new prototypes and concepts.
- Analyzed user flows against competitor benchmarks to generate value-driven features.
- Worked through cannabis legalization to address needs and product-market fit.
Head of UX and Senior Product Manager
- Researched the market and competition and interviewed customers to generate compelling user stories.
- Implemented UX strategies and set team priorities and processes to improve workflow, resulting in the iterative development of prototypes from ten to 20 a week.
- Managed a team of product managers and designers to develop products with a $3 million budget.
- Established Agile ceremonies to heavy Waterfall subsidiaries using Scrum and Kanban.
- Led the team in creating a product vision for new products based on consumer insights and implemented from conception to launch and hit over $3 billion in revenue.
- Created an AI-driven data platform by working in close collaboration with engineering to redefine the architecture from the ground up with near-term savings of $250,000 in a few months.
- Created new wireframes and requirements for Sharp redesign of the TV mobile app in preparation for the launch of 8K displays.
- Crafted requirements for smart meetings and display software utilizing Google API and Alexa use cases.
- Designed and delivered products with intuitive design for multi-user personalization, which resulted in applications such as XR (flyingeagle.com) being showcased for the president of the USA.
- Represented Sharp as one of the core liaisons between Foxconn and Sharp to build a shared data AI center across business units for iPhone manufacturing and related projects.
- Utilized customer service recordings to generate new features.
- Owned the responsibility for launching version nine of the “celebrity gossip” Famous People product by working cross-functionally across business, design, and technical departments, resulting in an over 100% increase in traffic.
- Created customer-centric features such as on-site surveys and live chat to gather customer feedback, resulting in more significant customer insights and significantly improved retention by 50% based on A/B tests.
- Worked on keywords and SEO campaigns with the marketing manager to target segmented user groups.
- Created a new AI prototype of chatbots to alleviate customer service costs.
- Created new features on both web and mobile products.
- Created user stories and wireframes across mobile, web, and data platforms to drive retention.
- Led the development of new features for customer service teams where any minor changes can be handled by the customer support team instead of new ticket creation for developers.
- Managed the customer care internal tools system to automate processes and workflows, improving customer retention and agent workflow.
Product and Marketing
- Evaluated the go-to-market plan in Europe. Decided on the most promising countries given the scope of Anazana's position.
- Analyzed features to be ported over and need to be added for new markets.
- Created a ranking of priorities on countries to target based on dynamic weighting data points.
- Developed European go-to-market strategy from market trends and competitive landscape to the CEO.
- Implemented new MVP suggestions for the targeted market.
- Learned and understood the end-to-end value chain of payments of a specific vertical to drive new technology products.
- Interviewed stakeholders to understand critical pains points to pinpoint the direction of product development.
- Mapped out all competitive startups to either buy or partnerships for new product development.
- Identified market opportunities and defined product vision and strategy based on changing industry/market/competitor in healthcare and the payment value chain in the $86 billion nascent market.
- Created a go-to-market plan on what niche Capital One can target based on their current expertise.
Strategy and Operations
- Led planning and budgeting for cross-cultural and cross-functional teams to evaluate the management of three manufacturing plants, resulting in inventory improvements of 25%-80%, saving $21 million.
- Interfaced teams across Poland, India, Mexico, and China to generate global guidelines in operational inefficiencies and roadmap.
- Created new features for ERP systems to drive down costs across logistics and material distribution.
- Aligned the culture of sharing best practices despite a competitive subsidiaries model across Europe, Asia, and Americas.
- Utilized Mandarin for all communication during operation in China.
- Facilitated buy-in from stakeholders and produced a new reuse software repository with an ROI of 800%+.
- Led software product development effort in design and architecture for controlling the orientation of spacecraft and sensors, completing the project at 50% of the cost.
- Utilized C++ and Java to create embedded auto-deploy algorithms (think Transformer the movie) for the new generation telescope JWST.
- Generated requirements for code changes and code augmentations to push up the schedule of development.
- Led senior engineers across many subsystems of the project with the development plan, schedule, and resources to drive the project to completion with half of the cost.
- Worked as the lead engineer to create an API used across various space programs to help win multiple million government contracts.
Led software product manager and designers with a $3 million budget to generate new features to hit $3 billion in revenue.
More can be seen about this and other projects on my video resume: https://youtu.be/2DlQ5DZ6fEE.
Helped companies create a machine learning pipeline to do predictive analytics in forecasting planned failure to avoid unnecessary blockage and lowered utilization with savings north of $250,000.
SaaS to Increase User Engagement
Created user engagement features such as one-stop shop to improve retention by over 50% of new cohorts.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - Michigan, United States
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences
University of California, Berkeley - California, United States
Tauber Institute for Global Operations
University of Michigan
TOCFL Advanced Level 6 Chinese Proficiency Test
Management of Engineering and Innovation
University of California, Berkeley
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring