Product Consultant2019 - PRESENTFreelance
- Advised startups on business and product strategy using customer research, market analysis, and industry foresight driving impact.
- Analyzed and critiqued new and existing products to find user experience improvement opportunities.
- Managed software projects in both Kanban and Scrum workflows to ensure timely delivery of software.
Senior Product Manager2019 - 2019NewPath
- Developed NewPath from an idea to product-market fit with large emerging market telecoms operators.
- Managed the backlog and product strategy for NewPath, focusing on making smartphones more affordable for everyone.
- Secured a partnership with a primary smartphone operating system by creating an MVP that passed a formal review to a fixed deadline. This included leading the development team and designing the product.
- Worked in both Kanban and Scrum workflows and led a new development team.
- Carried out customer interviews, UX research, design sprints, and experiments to learn more about our early customers to reach product-market fit.
- Worked on shaping the future vision with the CEO and CTO.
Product Manager2016 - 2017Quidco
- Reinvented the business model and user experience of Quidco.com with a new Quidco Marketplace proposition.
- Built and improved a search microservice using Elasticsearch, which increased the number of search sessions with a conversion from 50,000 to 350,000 per day.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the Quidco's 'business as usual' team working with a Kanban workflow. This included the continuous prioritization of issues and the management of tickets.
- Implemented a new analytics platform from the group up using Segment with a Redshift Data Warehouse and advanced data visualization tools.
- Improved working processes by introducing the idea of working in cross-functional teams to deliver Agile software projects.
- Introduced a human-centered design process, customer interviews, and deep integration of UX design into the product development process to help the organization be more customer-centric.
Product Manager2013 - 2016Tesco PLC
- Owned the search and browse backlog using Jira for Tesco Direct and F&F.
- Collaborated on the strategy for a new Enterprise Search Service.
- Introduced a new "search-as-you-type" feature that increased revenue by £20.4 million annually and was built from scratch using Elasticsearch, which was the first building block of Enterprise Search.
- Improved search relevance using an existing legacy technology to improve search as an interim step towards adopting the Enterprise Search Service. Increased search conversion from 6.2% to 8%, which translates to an additional £9.5 million revenue a year.
- Worked with an integrated analytics manager who helped the team learn continuously.
- Led a Sapient UX, design, and development team to deliver an improved product filtering experience.
- Worked with both offshore and onshore Scrum teams acting as the product owner in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Broke down barriers between the design, technology, and UX teams by implementing design sprints to ensure user-centricity in the development process.
Web Development Executive2013 - 2013Tesco PLC
- Owned the UAT testing for the redesign of the Tesco Direct website to responsive design and performed the final sign-off for the business. This included launching a responsive in-store kiosk.
Web Developer2012 - 2013Freelance