Verified Expert in Product Management
Hiren is a customer-centric product manager with a track record of innovating for both early-stage startup environments and large multinationals. He blends his computer science, human-centered design, and analytical skills to ensure teams are focused on the right goals and delivering value. Hiren achieves company strategic objectives through teamwork, collaboration, and servant leadership.
Senior Product Owner
- Led product discovery workshops with senior Hexagon stakeholders and users to shape the prototype and, subsequently, the MVP.
- Delivered the next-generation UX for Hexagon's upcoming hardware, collaborating with hardware engineers.
- Collaborated with engineers to design a real-time UI/UX that integrates hardware and software with event-driven updates.
Founder | CEO
- Won the Innovate UK Smart Grant in collaboration with the University of Manchester worth £167,000 and delivered a state-of-the-art AI recommendations model.
- Validated product-market fit with app pre-registrations from people with special dietary needs.
- Launched a plant-based deli-filler at London's ExCel and achieved first sales.
- Advised startups on business and product strategy using customer research, market analysis, and industry foresight driving impact.
- Analyzed and critiqued new and existing products to find user experience improvement opportunities.
- Managed software projects in both Kanban and Scrum workflows to ensure timely delivery of software.
Senior Product Manager
- Developed NewPath from an idea to product-market fit with large emerging market telecom operators.
- Managed the backlog and product strategy for NewPath, focusing on making smartphones more affordable for everyone.
- Secured a partnership with a primary smartphone operating system by creating an MVP that passed a formal review to a fixed deadline. This included leading the development team and designing the product.
- Worked in both Kanban and Scrum workflows and led a new development team.
- Carried out customer interviews, UX research, design sprints, and experiments to learn more about our early customers to reach product-market fit.
- Worked on shaping the future vision with the CEO and CTO, including technical innovations with real-time syncing of offline devices and working with NFC tags and sensors.
- Reinvented the business model and user experience of Quidco.com with a new Quidco Marketplace proposition.
- Built and improved a search microservice using Elasticsearch, which increased the number of search sessions with a conversion from 50,000 to 350,000 per day.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the Quidco's 'business as usual' team working with a Kanban workflow. This included the continuous prioritization of issues and the management of tickets.
- Implemented a new analytics platform from the group up using Segment with a Redshift Data Warehouse and advanced data visualization tools.
- Improved working processes by introducing the idea of working in cross-functional teams to deliver Agile software projects.
- Introduced a human-centered design process, customer interviews, and deep integration of UX design into the product development process to help the organization be more customer-centric.
- Owned the search and browse backlog using Jira for Tesco Direct and F&F.
- Collaborated on the strategy for a new Enterprise Search Service.
- Introduced a new "search-as-you-type" feature that increased revenue by £20.4 million annually and was built from scratch using Elasticsearch, which was the first building block of Enterprise Search.
- Improved search relevance using an existing legacy technology to improve search as an interim step towards adopting the Enterprise Search Service. Increased search conversion from 6.2% to 8%, which translates to an additional £9.5 million revenue a year.
- Worked with an integrated analytics manager who helped the team learn continuously.
- Led a Sapient UX, design, and development team to deliver an improved product filtering experience.
- Worked with both offshore and onshore Scrum teams acting as the product owner in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Broke down barriers between the design, technology, and UX teams by implementing design sprints to ensure user-centricity in the development process.
Web Development Executive
- Owned the UAT testing for the redesign of the Tesco Direct website to responsive design and performed the final sign-off for the business. This included launching a responsive in-store kiosk.
Launched Tesco's first open-source search engine from an internal R&D project leading to a £20.4 million revenue increase.
Developed a smartphone leasing product from idea to product-market fit with large emerging market telecom operators.
Data Warehouse and Analytics
Led the development of a data capture and warehousing pipeline using Segment and Redshift to drive business insights.
Bachelor's Degree in Business and Computer Science
Aston University - Birmingham, UK
Improving Deep Neural Networks: Hyperparameter Tuning, Regularization, and Optimization
Neural Networks and Deep Learning