Vice President of Product2019 - 2019Scitent, Inc.
- Led the design of a microlearning app, learning management system, and testing platform.
- Defined the product vision in conjunction with the executive team.
- Consulted with existing and prospective customers to identify key requirements.
- Designed a SaaS product that will have a positive ROI with only two clients in 20 months and drove sales for these clients.
- Prioritized feature sets based on customer feedback.
- Developed and maintained product roadmaps, internal requirements, software architecture, and decision documentation creating awareness and understanding of product development.
- Analyzed build vs. buy opportunities saving the company tens of thousands in development costs.
- Authored successful RFP to outsource critical development.
- Conducted market research to assess competitors and partners.
Vice President of Operations2017 - 2019Scitent, Inc.
- Spearheaded software/content development and project management.
- Developed a new service offering which opened up over 20 new opportunities to the company and resulted in a major shift in the company’s strategy.
- Aligned technical and non-technical teams by bridging communication gaps.
- Acquired new customers with sales engineering and proposal writing support resulting in a 33% increase in our customer base.
- Slashed annual IT spending by over 35%.
- Reorganized company and formulated new budget for more efficient operations at the request of the board of directors.
Director of Business Development2015 - 2017Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc.
- Prioritized and coordinated business development activities.
- Served as a high-level product manager for multiple spatiotemporal threat prediction programs.
- Wrote numerous winning proposals winning millions of dollars of research work for the company; many of these programs are still operational.
- Oversaw internal R&D efforts.
- Collaborated with users to identify needs in the market and translated these needs into proposals and software designs.
Director of Operations2011 - 2015Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc.
- Drove company growth from 6 (in 2006) to 115 (in 2017).
- Managed a portfolio of 12 contracts worth over $4 million development services annually.
- Spearheaded strategic planning with company leadership.
- Advocated for and defined a product owner role within the company.
- Led over 200 interviews to grow our teams in support of new work.
- Conducted trade-off studies, selected systems, and implemented numerous software systems smoothly and efficiently.
- Managed the staffing across over 20 projects.
- Guided the design of spatial threat prediction systems across multiple projects as a high-level product manager.
Program Manager | Product Manager2008 - 2011Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc.
- Prioritized the development of features for a second generation threat-prediction system.
- Deployed a spatial predictive analysis tool to Iraq and collaborated with deployed soldiers to further refine design and feature set to align with their needs while operational.
- Served as the voice of the customer to the development team helping the design features that met the user's needs.
- Proposed and won new contracts to continue research efforts.
- Applied Agile management techniques to track and manage numerous technical projects.
- Grew threat prediction programs by 40x and opened up work with several new clients.
Research Scientist2006 - 2011The University of Virginia
- Led the Predictive Technology Lab in crime and threat prediction-based work.
- Delivered crime-analysis tools with spatial-prediction tools to a law enforcement software developer.
Senior Systems Engineer2006 - 2008Commonwealth Computer Research, Inc.
- Designed and developed a web app to predict the location of future asymmetric warfare events.
- Refined prediction algorithms to improve threat prediction performance and identify key predictive features resulting in improved accuracy and reduced processing time.
- Collaborated with users to design a user interface that aligned with the key use cases.
Systems Engineer2003 - 2005The Aerospace Corporation
- Conducted trade studies across multiple advanced technologies.
- Designed enterprise architectures for large agencies.
- Supported the architecture for a future satellite ground system.