Verified Expert in Product Management
For over the past decade, Justin has been a serial entrepreneur. As a solo founder, he has raised $3 million+ in venture capital, including an investment from Google's chairman, Eric Schmidt. His software products have been used by over 35+ Fortune 500 companies, including Disney, P&G, Microsoft, Budweiser, and more. Justin holds an MBA from Stanford, has worked as a McKinsey & Co. consultant, and is a US Navy certified nuclear engineer.
CEO | Founder
- Designed, developed, maintained, and oversaw a software product used by over 35 Fortune 500 companies including Disney, Levi's, P&G, and more.
- Raised $3 million+ in venture capital as a solo founder, including an investment from Google's chairman, Eric Schmidt.
- Acted as project manager for over 150 projects with companies from 3 to 10,000+ employees to implement custom software solutions.
McKinsey & Co.
- Investigated and analyzed the global R&D footprint and strategy of a $3 billion pharmaceutical company.
- Developed a national media strategy and online donation platform for a $70 million non-profit charter school.
- Worked in the New York office on various projects.
Stanford Business School
- Completed multiple courses at the Stanford Design School.
- Awarded first place of 362 competitors in the leadership executive challenge.
- Organized and led 13 of 25 entrepreneur club events.
- Selected by the admissions office to give a keynote speech to 400 admitted students.
- Acted as the entrepreneur club's chief operating officer.
Assistant Engineer Officer
- Worked as a senior supervisor on the ship and was responsible for the safe operation and navigation of a $1.3 billion nuclear-powered warship and the welfare of over 170 lives onboard in clandestine operations of vital importance to national security.
- Directed 200 military personnel and 400 civilian workers as the captain’s primary representative during $500 million engineering overhaul; position normally reserved for officer three years senior.
- Created and implemented a training program for over 400 prospective submarine officers; was assessed as “best program in the last five years” by the commander of West Coast operations based on the efficiency of the program and feedback of participants.
- Overhauled the system for discovering and correcting material problems on the submarine; implemented a cultural change that reduced the average time of identification to correction by 25%.
- Was recognized by the Department of Energy evaluation team as the top nuclear reactor plant supervisor of nine; was cited for command presence, initiative, and team leadership abilities.
- Received three Naval Achievement Medals for distinguished service.
SaaS for Instagram Marketing
Created, designed and implemented an Instagram marketing software solution used by over 35 Fortune 500 companies.
It found images on Instagram related to a brand, obtain the digital rights to use this image, add it to a brand's website, identify the product shown in the picture, and engage website visitors in a way that led to an average increase in sales off 15% and an average order value increase of 30%.
Video Testimonial Platform
Created an end-to-end video testimonial platform used by Intuit, Disney, Microsoft, Levi's and more.
Clients can review and moderate all submissions. If a video is rejected, the system would automatically provide the customer with recommendations on how to improve their video. It included options for contests, incentives, product tagging, and more.
Priceline Negotiator Facebook Integration
Developed, pitched, and created Priceline Negotiator software that was utilized for 4+ years on Facebook and Priceline.com
It allowed—both on Priceline.com and Facebook—Priceline customers to record a video talking about the incredible deal that they just got on Priceline, and the trip that Priceline was now making possible. Immediately after booking a flight on Pricline.com, customers would be given the opportunity to record their videos. We also created the world's first interactive video ad unit—which displayed these videos but also allowed a viewer to record their video directly within the ad unit.
Angie's List: Crash Our Commercial
Created a web platform to allow Angie's List to screen and select customers for a TV advertisement.
To make this more efficient, I served as a product manager overseeing the creation and development of an online audition tool. The tool allowed Angie's List customers to record a 60-second video, talking about their Angie's List experience. The app featured a countdown timer to keep customers on track and ensure their submission was concise and to the point. It also created a user interface where Angie's List could ask a customer to resubmit their video.
This improvement saved Angie's List hundreds of thousands of dollars, by screening customers in advance of actually shooting a high-production commercial.
Disney: Interactive Mickey 2 Testimonials
Led the product design and development of interactive contest for Disney's video game, Interactive Mickey 2.
The platform I designed allowed customers to submit their own story of a favorite Disney memory to win one of several prizes. I built the entire contest platform from the ground up, overseeing a team of 12 designers and developers.
Leatherman: Tool Taleshttps://leatherman.com/tool-tales
Served as a product lead for a platform—enabling Leatherman to collect customer stories; been in continuous use for 3+ years.
The platform started by ingesting over 3,000 text reviews from customers. New customers were allowed to share their own "Tool Tale" about their Leatherman tool—they could do this by text, photo, or video, and the platform provided over 21 different ways to participate (including YouTube integration, Instagram integration, Facebook integration, and Flickr integration). The platform also allows a customer to select which product they are talking about so that viewers can quickly identify and purchase that tool
Levi's Shape What's to Come Campaign
Led the technology component of a multimillion-dollar Levi's campaign—it was recognized by senior leadership for impact.
The product was an online platform where users could submit videos and watch and vote for other submissions. When a user submitted their video, they could tag the also tag other people. This feature led to a 20% participation rate from those who were tagged, and it became one of the most successful video campaigns in the United States.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Business Administration
Stanford University - Palo Alto, CA, USA
Professional Engineer in Nuclear Engineering
Naval Nuclear Power School and Prototype - Washington D.C., USA
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
United States Naval Academy - Annapolis, MD, USA
Naval Nuclear Engineer
Department of Energy