Product Manager and Project Manager2020 - PRESENTToptal
- Joined the project as project manager to lead a team of mobile and back-end developers, design, and QAs with the challenge of bringing fully-featured iOS and Android apps to market for a high-profile customer in the space of four months.
- Led all aspects of the project according to Agile and Scrum principles.
- Provided product leadership and direction for the mobile apps and back-end.
Multifunctional Project Manager and Product Owner2022 - 2022Commonwealth Financial Network
- Served as a product owner and project lead for multiple run-the-business products and initiatives, including robotic process automation, Microsoft SharePoint application development, and public website support and development.
- Trained my team in Agile, Scrum, and Kanban methodologies as part of the enterprise's efforts to transform standard company processes.
- Co-led a project to migrate mission-critical applications from an on-premises server to the cloud.
Consulting Product Owner2020 - 2022Jeri
- Scoped, created, and launched an on-demand (PRN) staffing platform with iOS, Android, and web apps for skilled nursing, home health, hospice, assisted living, and other care facilities.
- Collaborated with the design team to turn sketches and product requirements into high-fidelity designs.
- Recruited and hired the software development team.
- Set up project management and development processes.
- Collaborated with the team to implement a new service offering for augmenting in-house recruiting teams with nearshore recruiting assistants to lower costs and improve speed-to-hire.
Product Manager2021 - 2021Manhattan Digital
- Gathered and defined requirements for the launch of a new initiative with a top game console manufacturer.
- Led the Agile software development delivery team and ensured requirements were translated into easy-to-understand user stories.
- Delivered the project on time and within budget.
Adjunct Professor2021 - 2021J. Reuben Clark Law School at BYU - LawX
- Designed and taught a course to help law students learn and internalize design thinking concepts.
- Led law students through the design sprint process to ideate, research, prototype, and deliver a new law-based product/service concept to market within the course of a semester.
- Delivered an impactful solution to market to help people who are eligible, to receive criminal record expungements.
Consulting Product Owner2020 - 2021WETx.io (Freelance)
- Brought the WETx Dashboard product from conceptual design to production-ready. Led the design, customer research, recruiting, software development, and implementation.
- Developed and implemented a new product and service offering for WETx, called WETx Cloud. Led the design, customer research, recruiting, software development, and implementation.
- Executed plans to develop a strategy around a water banking system for municipalities, regional water and sewer districts, irrigation companies, and federal water conservancy districts.
Executive Vice President, Business Solutions2018 - 2020Radiant - Video Messaging Solutions for B2B, Learning and Higher Education
- Developed and implemented a customer acquisition strategy for the pre-launch of B2C streaming app, SAY. Effort resulted in a cost per acquisition that was more than 25% below industry standard.
- Oversaw product development, business modeling, and marketing launch of Kinmundo.com for sister organization, BN Media.
- Developed three different asynchronous video streaming concepts targeting; biopharma sales training, a job reporting tool for field services, and a learning tool for higher ed.
CEO2015 - 2018Invisible Home
- Launched an eCommerce Shopify store selling high-end, designer home goods and furniture to customers in the US, Canada, and Europe.
- Developed a successful social marketing strategy as part of the GTM plan. Targeted design and architecture enthusiasts that garnered nearly 10,000 followers on Instagram.
- Executed a paid media customer acquisition strategy using Google AdWords, Facebook, and Instagram ads.
- Developed a product line for Invisible Home called The Fleet, a storage system in a box designed and manufactured in Scandinavia from eco-friendly materials.
Chief Product Officer2015 - 2018Yours.co - AI-powered Home Movie Streaming Service and Optical Media Storage
- Recruited the product design and software team and introduced an agile software and product development practice to the company.
- Led company rebranding efforts from MDISC to Yours.co.
- Launched two new products and raised a $4 million Series A round from TPP Capital Advisors to build and scale the business.
- Hired to ideate new digital product ideas, create proofs-of-concept, and launch new products.
Executive Vice President, Business Solutions and Marketing2008 - 2015i.TV - TV Discovery and Social TV Platform and Second Screen TV Ad Network.
- Built and led a 35-person team comprised of product managers, designers, software engineers, marketing, business development, and editorial staff in Utah and New York City.
- Managed enterprise-scale software development contracts and B2B platform licensing with Nintendo, AOL, and Huffington Post, TELUS, and DIRECTV.
- Directed a highly successful joint marketing program with the world’s top entertainment brands (ABC, NBC, FOX, AMC, HBO, Time Warner), resulting in tens of millions of social media shares and hundreds of millions of social media impressions.
- Co-created all product concepts from early-stage ideas to user testing, designing and building the software to executing on GTM plans and market launch. (i.TV for iOS and Android, tvtag, Nintendo TVii, AOL TV, TELUS Optik Smart Remote, and more).
- Owned i.TV B2C and B2B marketing: branding, PR (driving coverage in NYT, WaPo, The Verge), user acquisition (more than seven million downloads), agency leadership, events, and trade shows, partner marketing, email marketing, paid media marketing.
Account Executive2007 - 2008Connect Marketing
- Placed on top accounts with Symantec and Siemens Enterprise Communications.
- Assisted clients in gaining earned media coverage. Drove awareness around strategic communications objectives.
- Positioned executives as thought leaders and drove coverage in publications such as the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, CIO, and MSNBC.
Operations Director, EMEA2004 - 2007Bridge Atlantik
- Led successful European launches for multiple clients of a business development and marketing firm, including security, edtech, home goods, distributed computing, and HVAC.
- Established new sales and distribution channels for clients across Europe, including public sector procurement organizations and pan-European distributors.
- Managed successful marketing and public relations campaigns to establish clients as leaders in their respective fields, garnering coverage with top-tier media outlets worldwide.
- Oversaw business development efforts to sign on European reference customers for our edtech and security clients as part of the market launch.