Verified Expert in Product Management
For over ten years, Kumara has successfully delivered high-impact products in various industries, including eCommerce, healthcare, travel, and ride-hailing. He is experienced in working with data science and machine learning products, specifically in search, ranking, and recommendations. Having worked in early-stage startups as well as larger companies, Kumara is well-versed in the latest product development methods and is an effective leader.
Senior Product Manager
- Worked on reducing driver incentives by 15% through personalized incentive structures based on their behavioral patterns.
- Introduced a driver loyalty program to drive 2% higher retention as well as increase the efficiency of spend on driver incentives by 5%.
- Increased the engagement of drivers on the platform by 4% through new experiences on the app based on gamification theory.
- Increased the effectiveness of driver incentives by providing drivers the experience to view their live performance towards their incentives.
- Took various projects from an initial idea to a fully-realized feature—validating the idea with user research and data analysis, writing the requirements, contributing to the design and development decisions, overseeing the build, release, and automated QA processes, and running the A/B tests to validate the hypotheses behind the idea.
- Increased customer conversion by innovative personalization to the search ranking.
- Increased customer conversion by providing relevant and timely destination recommendations.
- Increased customer conversion by showcasing personalized hotel recommendations for the planned itinerary.
- Built a strong user profile with predictions for several aspects of the user like domestic/international traveler, preferred price range and the review score of the user, which were then used in personalizing their experience on the website and apps.
- Led a project to increase transacting users from emerging markets like India, Indonesia, and Mexico right from understanding the competitive landscape and the user base to developing and shipping relevant features and product improvements.
- Increased conversion by 4bps by personalizing search results for users.
- Increased the conversion through the push notification channel by 15% through personalized targeting using the preferred stores of users.
- Increased fraudulent user detection accuracy by 40% by linking the devices and addresses of fraudulent users.
- Led a project to understand and compute the life time value of users on the platform.
- Led a project from idea to development and execution on building a social graph of users for delivering better product recommendations.
- Conceptualized and built the data collection infrastructure for listing doctors on the platform.
- Delivered a scalable content management system to manage doctor, clinic and hospital information across multiple languages and geographies.
- Implemented a ticket-based workflow in the Content Management System to ensure seamless adoption by the 600+ member Operations team across the globe.
- Built the data collection app to work without an Internet connection to enable a seamless experience for the users in tier-2 Indian cities.
- Launched the Practo website and mobile app in the Indonesian market.
- Conducted comprehensive industry research and defined a realistic go-to-market plan to hit the revenue targets for the product.
- Launched a private cloud offering with a focus on use cases for large enterprises.
- Defined the product roadmap breaking it into milestones needed to hit the business goals.
- Defined the cost-based pricing model for the public cloud offering as part of the go-to-market strategy.
- Led the UX design for the self-serve portal of the public cloud offering.
Careem | Driver Gamification
Delivered 4% incremental trips by improving engagement of drivers through various elements of gamification theory.
First, the larger strategy and vision for introducing gamification on the app was outlined. Then, based on extensive user research, the various elements were scoped and prioritized for execution. Then, each of the elements was developed and shipped through A/B tests, with continuous iteration and improvements.
Booking.com | Highlighted Hotels
Led product design and development of this feature, to drive 2,000+ incremental transactions per day.
Booking.com | Nearby Destinations
Led product design and development of this feature, resulting in 700+ incremental transactions per day.
Master's Degree in Business Administration
IIM Calcutta - Kolkata, India
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
NITK Surathkal - Surathkal, India
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring