Head of Product Growth1999 - PRESENTAbove Voice
- Established Florida business operations for the InteliGlas Smart Building platform leveraging artificial intelligence to automate operations in office buildings, schools, and labs, working with commercial real estate, schools, and medical labs.
- Developed ROI modeling demonstrating how building owners can reduce their electrical costs by 30-45%, increase their net operating income and property valuations by millions. Developed climate offset models showing savings in relatable references.
- Introduced CleanAir by InteliGlas(TM) to support the return of employees to their offices post COVID-19.
- Integrated sensors for detection of occupancy, water, ballistics, and clean air technologies to monitor the overall building climate and reduce costs.
Senior Director Product Management, Calix Cloud2016 - 2018Calix
- Created over $25 million in new business while slashing costs and improving gross margins by over 30% to exceed 85% supporting over 18 million subscribers.
- Led a team of six people, including project managers, product managers, and solution architects. I launched two new Calix Cloud offers for network intelligence and analytics, including network-based systems and mobile applications.
- Coordinated with 24x7 engineering leveraging local and offshore resources.
- Managed stakeholder interactions, project managing to ensure smooth onboarding and revenue recognition processes.
- Created customer pricing incentives to move from legacy to new SaaS platforms.
- Created ROI models to demonstrate value to customers—tied with customer success to monitor and adjust programs to achieve the desired ROI.
Director, Product Management, Communications Service Providers2011 - 2015Symantec Corporation
- Managed a 3-year $1B plan for three security platforms—Next-Generation Network Protection (NGNP), mobile security, and MDM/MAM solving network threat challenges including identity, fraud, spam, compound threats, traffic analytics, parental controls.
- Managed a global matrixed organization of key stakeholders across marketing and engineering to launch the $1 billion plan.
- Served as a thought leader for security in a network functions virtualization (NFV) architecture.
- Distinguished as Symantec Top Talent in 2015, recognizing my cross-functional leadership skills.
- Created Symantec Sealed (Partner) Program for MDM/MAM–signing over 40 partners in six months.
Account Executive2010 - 2011Aegis Mobility
- Led marketing and sales activities for Aegis Mobility, working with insurance companies, regulatory bodies, and partner manufacturers.
- Deployed a mobile endpoint distracted driving software and fleet management interfaces to mitigate liability and risk.
- Managed the project evaluations with regulatory bodies with mobile apps for distracted driving.
- Worked with insurance company customers who wanted to reduce their enterprise customer risks.
Director, Business Development, Convergent Communications2007 - 2010CGI Group
- Wrote and implemented the business plan for Unified Communications addressing telecom service providers as a sales channel for enterprise customers.
- Implemented an OSS/BSS infrastructure for software as a service (SaaS).
- Pioneered the testing center of excellence practice.
- Managed customer projects in test automation.
- Managed the projects for mobile, IP, and UC telecom services at Sprint, AT&T, and CenturyLink.
Vice President Business Development – Americas2005 - 2007Aepona
- Ran national sales and marketing for Appium AB, exceeding partnering and revenue goals until they were acquired by Aepona.
- Managed a team of project managers, product managers, solution architects, and sales personnel to implement large service provider contracts.
- Established new partner programs for channel programs and sales.
Senior Director Marketing2001 - 2003Leapstone Systems (acquired by Motorola)
- Delivered marketing support for over $20 million in revenues in the first 18 months for this startup.
- Reduced costs and improved margins by renegotiating contracts to less than 50% of the original costs.
- Branded the company (originally Comstellar Networks).
- Created pricing generating $18 million in revenues.
- Managed partnerships, media, and events, coordinating channel programs, analysts and media sessions, and all of the sales enablement programs.
- Created an industry-leading mobile application provisioning system working as the leader of a multi-vendor strategy for secure application delivery for the telecom companies, working with Sun Microsystems, Appium, and Leapstone.
- Created and published the telecom services delivery system (TSDS) strategy for mobile applications working with Sun Microsystems on the Java 2 Mobile Edition platform, together with Appium and Leapstone.
Director of Product Line Management1999 - 2001Nortel Networks
- Created a 3-year service provider funnel of $700 million, leading a team of 160 people to create Nortel’s first carrier-grade applications platform program based on SOA and web 2.0 (SaaS infrastructure).
- Managed directly project management, product management, and product marketing for the Managed Application Services Platform.
- Led the acquisition of Epicon for $300 million in June 2000 to incorporate a key remote delivery technology.
- Awarded Nortel Top Talent in 2001, in recognition for developing a significant business opportunity and completing a strategic acquisition in record time.