Verified Expert in Product Management
Growth Product Manager
Laurie is a skilled manager who drives unprecedented results. Starting from the ground up, she's a strong leader and leverages her ability to inspire results, focusing on prioritizing high-impact efforts. She has led both marketing and product management during her extensive career. Laurie has delivered B2B and B2C offerings for startups and enterprises, exceeding customer expectations, solving their most pressing challenges, and fulfilling new market opportunities.
Senior Director of Product Management
Presidio - Main
- Doubled the average client value (ACV) with the introduction of three-tier pricing and flex services.
- Elevated the cybersecurity brand with the introduction of Presidio MDR, a managed detection and response cybersecurity solution to detect and isolate cyber threats within minutes of detection.
- Improved investment decision-making by introducing product management methodologies and data-driven analysis of potential new offerings.
Head of Product Growth
- Established Florida business operations for the InteliGlas Smart Building platform leveraging artificial intelligence to automate operations in office buildings, schools, and labs, working with commercial real estate, schools, and medical labs.
- Developed ROI modeling demonstrating how building owners can reduce their electrical costs by 30-45%, increase their net operating income and property valuations by millions. Developed climate offset models showing savings in relatable references.
- Introduced CleanAir by InteliGlas(TM) to support the return of employees to their offices post COVID-19.
- Integrated sensors for detection of occupancy, water, ballistics, and clean air technologies to monitor the overall building climate and reduce costs.
Senior Director Product Management, Calix Cloud
- Created over $25 million in new business while slashing costs and improving gross margins by over 30% to exceed 85% supporting over 18 million subscribers.
- Led a team of six people, including project managers, product managers, and solution architects. I launched two new Calix Cloud offers for network intelligence and analytics, including network-based systems and mobile applications.
- Coordinated with 24x7 engineering leveraging local and offshore resources.
- Managed stakeholder interactions, project managing to ensure smooth onboarding and revenue recognition processes.
- Created customer pricing incentives to move from legacy to new SaaS platforms.
- Created ROI models to demonstrate value to customers—tied with customer success to monitor and adjust programs to achieve the desired ROI.
Director, Product Management, Communications Service Providers
- Managed a 3-year $1B plan for three security platforms—Next-Generation Network Protection (NGNP), mobile security, and MDM/MAM solving network threat challenges including identity, fraud, spam, compound threats, traffic analytics, parental controls.
- Managed a global matrixed organization of key stakeholders across marketing and engineering to launch the $1 billion plan.
- Served as a thought leader for security in a network functions virtualization (NFV) architecture.
- Distinguished as Symantec Top Talent in 2015, recognizing my cross-functional leadership skills.
- Created Symantec Sealed (Partner) Program for MDM/MAM–signing over 40 partners in six months.
- Led marketing and sales activities for Aegis Mobility, working with insurance companies, regulatory bodies, and partner manufacturers.
- Deployed a mobile endpoint distracted driving software and fleet management interfaces to mitigate liability and risk.
- Managed the project evaluations with regulatory bodies with mobile apps for distracted driving.
- Worked with insurance company customers who wanted to reduce their enterprise customer risks.
Director, Business Development, Convergent Communications
- Wrote and implemented the business plan for Unified Communications addressing telecom service providers as a sales channel for enterprise customers.
- Implemented an OSS/BSS infrastructure for software as a service (SaaS).
- Pioneered the testing center of excellence practice.
- Managed customer projects in test automation.
- Managed the projects for mobile, IP, and UC telecom services at Sprint, AT&T, and CenturyLink.
Vice President Business Development – Americas
- Ran national sales and marketing for Appium AB, exceeding partnering and revenue goals until they were acquired by Aepona.
- Managed a team of project managers, product managers, solution architects, and sales personnel to implement large service provider contracts.
- Established new partner programs for channel programs and sales.
Senior Director Marketing
Leapstone Systems (acquired by Motorola)
- Delivered marketing support for over $20 million in revenues in the first 18 months for this startup.
- Reduced costs and improved margins by renegotiating contracts to less than 50% of the original costs.
- Branded the company (originally Comstellar Networks).
- Created pricing generating $18 million in revenues.
- Managed partnerships, media, and events, coordinating channel programs, analysts and media sessions, and all of the sales enablement programs.
- Created an industry-leading mobile application provisioning system working as the leader of a multi-vendor strategy for secure application delivery for the telecom companies, working with Sun Microsystems, Appium, and Leapstone.
- Created and published the telecom services delivery system (TSDS) strategy for mobile applications working with Sun Microsystems on the Java 2 Mobile Edition platform, together with Appium and Leapstone.
Director of Product Line Management
- Created a 3-year service provider funnel of $700 million, leading a team of 160 people to create Nortel’s first carrier-grade applications platform program based on SOA and web 2.0 (SaaS infrastructure).
- Managed directly project management, product management, and product marketing for the Managed Application Services Platform.
- Led the acquisition of Epicon for $300 million in June 2000 to incorporate a key remote delivery technology.
- Awarded Nortel Top Talent in 2001, in recognition for developing a significant business opportunity and completing a strategic acquisition in record time.
Ramp Revenues From $3 Million to $25 Million in 18 Months
Led the project for cloud-based analytics solving critical problems for service providers covering 18 million users.
- Streamlined/consolidated the suite of products to simplify the services.
- Focused on differentiable value (DV) to drive competitiveness.
- Created role-based product/service offerings to target specific problems/needs and shorten the sales cycle.
- Changed the business model and pricing, demonstrating the differential value to customers with very strong ROI models.
- Re-architected the cloud platforms (adopting clustering) to reduce the number of VMs/servers.
- Implemented full multi-tenancy and multi-layered security.
Achieved revenue goals of taking a $3 million business and turning it into a $25 million business. I took gross margins from under 65% to over 85% (on track to go to 92% by the end of 2018).
Reduced costs of goods by over 50%.
Cyber Security Sales Enablement Playbook
Designed and published a 66-page Cyber Security Sales Playbook for service providers—$1 billion sales funnel.
Healthcare Engineering Manager
Led the development of the second major mobile application for a major healthcare company with over 79 million members.
Product Management Author/Editorhttps://www.toptal.com/product-managers/product-management/software-pricing-strategy-and-architecture
Published a suite of articles pertaining to product management.
Customer Journey Touch Points for Product Managers
Creating Success: A Guide to Product Manager KPIs
KPIs for Success: An Overview of Project Manager Performance Metrics
Why Should Product Managers Invest in Sales Enablement?
How to Effectively Quantify Product Value: A Guide for Product Managers
Bachelor's Degree Equivalent in Business Administration
McGill University - Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Certified Partner Integrator - InteliGlas Smart Building Technology
SPIN (R) Sales Training