Verified Expert in Product Management
Matt is a product-oriented strategic thinker and the co-founder of a successful venture-backed startup, MediaXstream. Recently, he’s also co-founded Rational Pilot: an initiative that improves analytics and forecasting within teams. Prior to that, Matt was a key executive at a global telecoms operator where he was responsible for product management while leading an international team.
- Provided services including strategy, corporate development/transactions, product development, product management, pricing, collateral, and bid response in the areas of network infrastructure and cloud services.
SVP Products & Strategy
- Created the company’s offerings in network infrastructure, media, IP, and CDN services sold to large carriers, content, social and broadcast media, and financial companies.
- Oversaw and was responsible for the company’s strategy, PR, product marketing, product development, and product management.
- Fulfilled additional executive assignments including leading vendor management and sales engineering teams.
Co-founder | Vice President of Corporate Development | CFO
- Co-founded a venture-backed media-tech startup providing services to large broadcast media companies.
- Created and sold services ranging from occasional events to multi-year contracts to numerous broadcast and cable television networks and cable/satellite operators.
- Established the company strategy and identified potential acquisitions.
- Led due diligence and eventual sale of the company to a strategic buyer.
Business Development Consultant
Level 3 Communications
- Managed and was responsible for transitioning support for the company’s channel sales initiatives post-acquisition of Broadwing.
- Responsible for guiding company’s product development efforts of networking technologies such as Ethernet, MPLS, and VOIP.
- Led business development initiatives to accelerate growth from emerging social and web-centric segments through direct and channel sales.
- Responsible for defining product development priorities and managing cross-functional team of approximately 30 individual contributors and supporting strategic sales and product development initiatives.
Level 3 Communications
- North American product management lead for Softswitch/VOIP services.
- Responsible for defining new products and coordinating global GTM for new technologies around company’s Softswitch and SIP architecture.
- Led the software and network engineering teams to develop large regional telecommunications network and related services.
Analytics Software as a Service
Co-founded software startup focused on providing analytics and ETL services to enterprises.
Telephony Infrastructure for an Instant Messaging Application
Supplied critical telephony infrastructure to a global provider of instant messaging.
Content Distribution Network
Launched a new CDN in 19 countries utilizing efforts from the internal software development team.
Formulated the strategy and identified M&A potentials. Led teams on two completed acquisitions.
Business Plan Formulation
Worked across the founding team, investors, and strategic vendors to define a detailed business plan.
Technical Product Documentation
Authored a technical manual combining inputs from numerous departments to document technical processes and best practices.
Commercialization/New Product Development
Helped guide the company's efforts and set the technical and business strategy within its technology patent portfolio.
Created an extensive library of product information to support sales and sales engineering efforts.
The documentation ranged from how to handle typical situations, when to recognize customer patterns and how to respond to the vital technical aspects of our products. I also formulated the training strategy to help members of the sales team build specializations and be recognized within the internal sales community for their unique knowledge. As specializations emerged, I ensured our product managers created and routinely engaged in team meetups to deliver vital information updates, provide support for complex customer engagements and receive feedback to incorporate into our product development sprints.
Content Exchange Service
Created a multi-terabit/second infrastructure for the purpose of exchanging live uncompressed television content.
Bachelor's Degree in History
University of North Carolina at Charlotte - Charlotte, NC, USA