Verified Expert in Product Management
For 20 years, Mike has driven revenue by developing innovative software and service solutions. His diverse experience in healthcare, consulting, supply chain, CPG, and pharma has led to the development of a new innovation model; greatly improving new product success. After designing a SaaS solution for shared electronic medical records at Healthvision, Mike has worked as a freelance innovation expert to drive growth for software clients.
- Developed a new product innovation process, moving the client’s organization from a Waterfall process to an Agile process, reducing cycle time, and improving customer satisfaction.
- Designed and created a new analytics solution for evaluating the pricing of third-party services for hospitals utilizing a MicroStrategy desktop and mobile platform which led to doubling of revenue over a 24 month period.
- Led the development of analytics and consulting solutions for a leading supply chain company, which drove $30 million in incremental sales.
- Increased customer conversions by 100% for early childhood development centers by designing applications that moved potential customers who learned about the centers on social media to becoming paid customers.
- Hired, coached, and trained a team of eight product managers for a client while acting as vice president of product management.
- Led the product management and product marketing function during Salesforce implementation, and acted as the voice of the internal stakeholder for these roles within the organization.
Senior Vice President of Product Management
- Consolidated and integrated product management, development, and operations across the organization leading to 10% resource savings while improving cycle times by 15%.
- Designed and launched a new SaaS content management solution that allowed hospitals to build and manage their consumer and patient websites. Within 18 months, 25% of hospitals in the US were utilizing the product.
- Led product management in a new startup to develop a line of consumer, patient, and clinical solutions that allowed us to grow from startup to $24 million in two years.
- Developed strategic partnerships with 20 vendors, realizing $12 million in new revenue for the company.
- Identified and negotiated the acquisition of an e-prescribing business, generating $3 million in incremental revenue.
- Led a cross-functional team of 51 employees, including product management, product marketing, development, operations, and customer support.
- Promoted 50% of the team to new roles and responsibilities at Healthvision, which increased employee retention within my team to over 90%.
SaaS Content Management Product Innovationhttps://pdiconsultants.net/project/product-innovation/
Within 18 months of launch, we had 25% of all hospitals in the United States using one of our new Cloud-based solutions.
Trained fifteen new consultants and rolled out the service to 800 hospital systems. Grew revenue by $10 million.
Market Segmentation Drives Innovationhttps://pdiconsultants.net/project/market-segmentation/
New offering increased client satisfaction across the board and sales of the portfolio grew by 10%.
Patient Communication Solutionhttps://pdiconsultants.net/project/marketing-strategy/
Over 1600 hospitals were leveraging Healthvision products to connect their patients with aggregate traffic similar to WebMD.
My team developed services that helped hospitals utilize internet tools to market to their consumers and convert healthcare content consumers into patients. The solutions included prescribed content based on their diagnosis, lab tests, and prescription drugs. The solutions drove local area consumers to their content websites to gather medically approved material and then converted them to patients through patient communication tools.
Agile Product Development Processeshttps://pdiconsultants.net/project/change-management/
Reengineered business processes, decreased development cycle time by 15%, and streamlined product delivery.
Pricing and Packaging of Software and Serviceshttps://pdiconsultants.net/project/pricing-strategy/
Uncovered the key drivers to pricing and packaging that allowed Vizient to deploy a new model that better met customer needs.
Analytics and Services New Productshttps://pdiconsultants.net/project/strategic-planning/
Grew new analytics business to over $50 million while advisory services drove a 15% increase in consulting revenue.
The new offering leveraged MicroStrategy analytics to provide both the consulting team and customers with insights into their supply chain cost relative to other customers in the same industry. Working with development, we turned the product concept into commercial products that included both the analytics software tools for customers, and a service offering that gave both the customers and the consulting team insights into a customers' performance. By combining software and service offerings, we made the product more valuable and also uncovered consulting opportunities for the consulting portion of the business.
AI In Analytics
Designed a first-of-its-kind services pricing analytics solution leveraging MicroStrategy machine learning tools.
Master's Degree in Marketing and Finance
Indiana University - Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Bachelor's Degree in English Literature
University of Kansas - Lawrence, Kansas, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
University of Kansas - Lawrence, Kansas, USA
Stagen Leadership Institute
Front Line Leadership
Trinity Training and Development