Verified Expert in Product Management
Neil has worked as a product management consultant for over 20 years, launching many triple-A mobile gaming titles, educational apps, and websites for digital organizations and global companies. He has experience running development teams of more than 50 software engineers and is well-versed in the Agile end-to-end product management cycle. Neil has a strong leadership style and experience in the gambling, gaming, telecom, and media sectors.
Amigo Fantasy Sports Ltd
- Held several daily workshops to focus on the project's discovery phase and deliver an MVP feature roadmap.
- Worked with core stakeholders to establish the UX and wireframes to help in the grant application for funding.
- Delivered daily updates to all stakeholders and ensured all tasks and risks were identified and logged.
- Prepared the final discovery plan and held a presentation session presenting the design, resourcing, and technical recommendations from the Toptal team to the client.
- Ran several initial discovery and planning workshops to capture the project goals and objectives.
- Created the entire product backlog for the prototype and the MVP. Built a project timeline and staffing plan and managed developer and design deliverables to establish the end-to-end gaming solution.
- Obtained a technical understanding of payment APIs and solutions for the gaming and gambling markets and investigated KYC partners to create a seamless signup and play user journey.
- Established the brand guidelines and worked with core stakeholders and designers to create the final UI.
- Understood the driving sim market for gameplay and established a way for players to compete and win in races with real funds, paid using secure payment gateways that fully comply with their local markets.
Product Manager | Marketing Specialist
- Engaged with senior executives to update and refresh the two websites for subscription-based content.
- Worked with the senior developer to understand the requirements needed to update the platform.
- Led the effort into the site redesign with the main stakeholders and reviewed competition for recommendations.
Senior Product Manager
- Created an overview of the current feature set of the old and new payment systems and prepared a presentation to senior stakeholders for a language learning payment re-platforming.
- Analyzed three third-party solutions based on the requirements towards the new system and investigated whether it makes sense to leverage them to fulfill requirements towards payments (build vs. buy).
- Discovered and created the requirements for the new payment system from all stakeholders. Documented and prioritized them.
- Created a decision proposal on the build vs. buy decision.
- Worked with cross-functional teams to coordinate new features for the video player.
- Created a feature roadmap for the SSAI (Server-side Ad Insertion) capability for partners in the player, using Google Ad Manager API.
- Led the video streaming development team backlog each week using Kanban.
- Created the backlog for a new service being designed for the commercial market based on the residential technology solution that the company has.
- Attended Scrum of Scrum calls each week with SLT to present roadmap and strategy planning and an escalating risk if required.
- Managed a 3–4 person team of engineers and UX to create the new service and product.
- Ran sprint planning and other scrum processes to ensure that the team could deliver on the timeline.
- Liaised with clients and stakeholders to understand the full brief and requirements.
- Produced roadmap sessions and planning using Productboard and MIRO.
- Collaborated with the key stakeholders to establish the plans for the team and feature requirements.
- Provided OKR and WBR updates to the Executive team each week and month, along with quarterly planning.
- Bridged the management and partnership relationship with customers by speaking about future features and engagement on new scoping of features.
Mighty & True
- Created the MVP concept from a blank sheet of paper based on the client's vision.
- Worked with the technical architect to define the architecture for the MVP SaaS platform.
- Handled the key stakeholders and ran several workshops to define the product feature set and vision.
- Managed the UX/UI expert to create interactive wireframes for the client.
- Created SRS, PRD, and other documentation and material needed to seek approval for the final MVP budget signoff.
Agile Product Manager
Can't Stop Productions, Inc.
- Supported the development with an MVP release of a new product using Unity for the entertainment sector using motion capture (mocap) technology.
- Cooperated with management to align on the MVP and roadmap for investment.
- Reviewed and managed feedback to the development team on all aspects of the product development and helped shape market input.
Agile Product Manager
G&L Geißendörfer & Leschinsky GmbH
- Liaised with senior management and executives to shape the roadmap for new products for B2B customers around their media streaming technology.
- Defined some core product management processes for the teams to follow.
- Architected a simple set of process flows for decisions on backlog refinement and product features.
- Created a guidebook and strategic review of their products.
- Developed new feature concepts and ideas for the media encoding products.
Product Owner | Mobile App
Find Your Grind
- Developed the product roadmap for the greenfield iOS app and worked with SLT to refine features.
- Managed a team of three developers to create the CMS and iOS app.
- Liaised with the UX and UI designers to create compelling wireframes for SALT signoff and approval.
- Managed the Jira and Confluence review, story writing, and creating acceptance criteria for the team, sprint planning, and backlog refinement.
- Oversaw the product UX and UI design for the mobile app using React Native for Android.
- Provided technical consultations on platform development.
- Created compelling user stories using Jira as well as backlog grooming and running sprint planning.
- Supported the recruitment process for software engineers.
- Spearheaded stakeholder support and board management reporting.
Product Manager and Business Analyst
- Researched new technologies such as VR blockchain.
- Created the pilot for a blockchain digital certificate with a third-party vendor.
- Managed stakeholders from different divisions and levels in the business.
Local Heroes (Centrica)
- Created and developed the trader portal for traders to play their services to customers of British Gas.
- Created user stories based on trader interviews for new features.
- Liaised with the Salesforce operations team to develop new features in the roadmap.
- Signed off on the UX, design scoping, and wireframing.
- Managed three developers and reported to management on a weekly basis.
MyVodafone App Proposals Manager
- Designed the service model for the MyVodafone mobile application development.
- Produced costing and pricing materials for MyVodafone new demand.
- Ensured the proposal met the customers' needs and prepared documentation accordingly for senior stakeholders.
- Collaborated with remote Vodafone QA and development teams.
- Interviewed local market teams to align the MyVodafone requirements and roadmap.
Head of Technical Fulfilment
- Led the management of eighteen .NET development teams, including recruitment and staff management.
- Created technical and product tickets and acceptance criteria in Jira.
- Oversaw the development operations, including agile planning, backlog, and the product roadmap.
- Reported to the board and was the leader and a decision-maker for all technical production across the business.
Interim Head of Software Delivery
- Reported to the board and managed a £5 million profit and loss departmental budget.
- Provided leadership and was the decision-maker for all technical production across the business.
- Spearheaded the development studio operations and the line management of more than 50 QA and development teams across two UK locations.
- Ran the agile sprint planning, backlog, and roadmap and was a Growth Initiative Programme board member.
- Created new product development processes and agile methodologies and streamlined current teams.
Product Manager | Apps and Games
- Created a range of exciting new game titles that focused on adaptive learning for each child for the primary English market worldwide.
- Analyzed and understood the Apple and Android SDK, Crashlytics, Axure, and PhoneGap requirements.
- Wrote user stories and oversaw the agile and sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Owned and was accountable for the mobile app roadmap and release plans.
- Liaised with internal UI and UX teams to wireframe and develop the apps and oversaw stakeholder management.
Product Manager | Big Data
- Implemented new data measurement across the BBC to better track metrics for the video player activity.
- Supported the myBBC initiative for personalization across the BBC. I was the primary member of the BBC Data PDG (product steering committee).
- Planned sprints, the backlog grooming, and wrote user stories. I was the key stakeholder liaison with internal product teams.
- Managed a five-person development team and was the decision-maker for the OJEU procurement for a new core analytics vendor.
- Engaged with iPlayer teams across the BBC sites, including news, sports, and weather.
Studio Manager and Product Owner for Mobile
- Established the iOS and Android strategy and development roadmap.
- Managed the product development schedule and backlog of the development teams.
- Oversaw the approval of external milestone deliverables and processed all game development payments, including legal preparation and finance.
- Ran the QA plan and ensured the games were delivered on time for release.
- Managed a team of 50 developers, designers, and QA. Liaised directly with key stakeholders.
- Oversaw scrum of scrums POC across the different divisions.
- Managed third-party development studios to develop AAA gaming apps on the iOS platform, launched FIFA11, Battleships, Game of Life, Battlefield 2, and other iOS titles generating over $3 million.
- Oversaw the new strategy for Freemium title development.
- Managed an in-house team of five iOS development engineers—studio worldwide reporting responsibility for EMEA projects to executives in the USA.
- Handled the QA plan and budgets for different projects.
- Supervised the UAT testing and approvals criteria for final release and live deployment.
Local Heroes Trader Portalhttp://www.localheroes.com
Created a new trader experience and app to enable traders to obtain new projects from customers for over 20,000 UK traders.
I interviewed traders to understand their requirements, shaped the roadmap, and worked with the development team to launch new features promptly.
Virgin Games Portalhttps://www.virgingames.com/
Led the development of over 30 games from the Gamesys portfolio to be rebranded and created for the new Virgin Games brand.
I managed 40 developers and designers with a current portfolio of 30 games that needed duplicating onto a Virgin Games gaming portal. New math models and RNG back-end technology had to be applied, which was fully regulated as a gambling product in the UK.
I worked with senior stakeholders to ensure the roadmap was delivered. Games were tested, and the designers and programmers created three new gaming titles before release.
Longman Dictionary on iOShttps://www.pearson.com/
Designed a new Longman's Dictionary app on iOS for Pearson Education to replace their best-selling app with new features.
I ran the development planning and design with the offshore development team in India, who built the app in two-week sprints following my product management and user stories in Jira.
I ensured that key new features such as enhanced content, DLC, and voice-to-text were a big part of the new app and support for the iPad high-resolution screens before launching successfully in the App Store.
Azuri Sales Team Apphttp://www.azuri-technologies.com
Led the greenfield design and development of this mobile app using React Native on Android for 1,000 sales agents in Africa.
Cooperated with CEO and VP of Technology and reported weekly.
AAA Game Title - Battlefield 3 on iOS
Led the development team and managed the stakeholders internally at EA Games in London and California to present and deliver an exciting multi-player game on iPad that was the first to deliver Freemium content to over 10 simultaneous game players.
Using Unity, I led the developers to create the game for different levels based on the Battlefield 3 console version.
I managed stakeholder engagement with the US Executive team, which included budget approval and signoff for this $750,000 production.
Managed the greenfield product development of this SaaS platform from inception to going live. I worked with the directors and the developers side-by-side to create this new business product for SMEs that chased overdue invoices.
The service was connected to WooCommerce License Keys. A WordPress site was also required to link via API to the main site to manage user accounts and access the features and packages they had bought.
I released the app and worked with the rest of the business to evolve and grow the userbase and include new Xero and Stripe API integration features.
I advised the team on technology choices and cloud-based hosting and managed the development budget.
Find Your Grind Apphttp://www.findyourgrind.com
Led the small design and development team to create this compelling app for teens that supports their learning experience and helps them gain insight into future career options.
SIS Betting Feedhttps://www.sis.tv/
Managed the development team across two UK sites and handled the production of new products that provided services in real-time for UK betting stores.
Provided live data and streaming video content and a range of blended services that support horse and dog racing, Spanish football, and mobile gaming to companies that showed the content on web and TV screens in betting stores.
Casino and Slots Games Onlinehttps://www.gamesysgroup.com/
Coordinated the resources needed to create excellent games in the portfolio of products and across international ventures for multi-site content for slot machines, casino titles, and Bingo online.
I managed a team of 25 developers and ten QA staff to continually support multiple workstreams of game content and launch many successful slot games online (real bets) for this regulated UK and Spanish operator.
Mobile Casino Apps
Managed Littlewoods Gaming online division to develop a range of titles for mobile, including casino and fixed odds games for Java handsets.
Latch Delivery Assistanthttps://www.latch.com/latch-delivery-assistant
I launched the MVP service for Latch to enable delivery drivers across the US access to Latch-enabled buildings.