Product Manager for an Online Gaming Platform2022 - PRESENTPVCSDC
- Ran a number of initial discovery and planning workshops to capture the project goals and objectives.
- Created the full product backlog for the prototype and MVP. Created a project timeline and staffing plan and managed developer and design deliverables to establish the end-to-end gaming solution.
- Obtained a technical understanding of payment APIs and solutions for the gaming and gambling markets and investigated KYC partners to create a seamless user journey for signup and play.
- Established the brand guidelines and work with core stakeholders and designers to create the final UI.
- Understood the driving sim market for gameplay and established a way for players to compete and win in races with real funds, paid using secure payment gateways that fully comply with their local market.
Language Learning Payment Re-platforming2022 - PRESENTBabbel Inc.
- Created an overview of the current feature set of the old and new payment systems and prepared a presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Analyzed three third-party solutions based on the requirements towards the new system and investigated whether it makes sense to leverage them to fulfil requirements towards payments (build vs. buy).
- Discovered and created the requirements for the new payment system from all stakeholders. Documented and prioritized them.
- Created a decision proposal on the build vs. buy decision.
Product Manager2022 - 2022Endeavor Streaming
- Worked with cross-functional teams to coordinate new features for the video player.
- Created a feature roadmap for the SSAI (Server-side Ad Insertion) capability for partners in the player, using Google Ad Manager API.
- Led the video streaming development team backlog each week using Kanban.
Product Owner2021 - 2022Latch
- Created the backlog for a new service being designed for the commercial market based on the residential technology solution that the company has.
- Attended Scrum of Scrum calls each week with SLT to present roadmap and strategy planning and an escalating risk if required.
- Managed a 3–4 person team of engineers and UX to create the new service and product.
- Ran sprint planning and other scrum processes to ensure that the team could deliver on the timeline.
- Liaised with clients and stakeholders to understand the full brief and requirements.
- Produced roadmap sessions and planning using Productboard and MIRO.
- Collaborated with the key stakeholders to establish the plans for the team and feature requirements.
- Provided OKR and WBR updates to the Executive team each week and month, along with quarterly planning.
- Bridged the management and partnership relationship with customers by speaking about future features and engagement on new scoping of features.
Product Owner2021 - 2021Mighty & True
- Created the MVP concept from a blank sheet of paper based on the client's vision.
- Worked with the technical architect to define the architecture for the MVP SaaS platform.
- Handled the key stakeholders and ran several workshops to define the product feature set and vision.
- Managed the UX/UI expert to create interactive wireframes for the client.
- Created SRS, PRD, and other documentation and material needed to seek approval for the final MVP budget signoff.
Agile Product Manager2020 - 2021Can't Stop Productions, Inc.
- Supported the development with an MVP release of a new product using Unity for the entertainment sector using motion capture (mocap) technology.
- Cooperated with management to align on the MVP and roadmap for investment.
- Reviewed and managed feedback to the development team on all aspects of the product development and helped shape market input.
Agile Product Manager2020 - 2020G&L Geißendörfer & Leschinsky GmbH
- Liaised with senior management and executives to shape the roadmap for new products for B2B customers around their media streaming technology.
- Defined some core product management processes for the teams to follow.
- Architected a simple set of process flows for decisions on backlog refinement and product features.
- Created a guidebook and strategic review of their products.
- Developed new feature concepts and ideas for the media encoding products.
Product Owner | Mobile App2020 - 2020Find Your Grind
- Developed the product roadmap for the greenfield iOS app and worked with SLT to refine features.
- Managed a team of three developers to create the CMS and iOS app.
- Liaised with the UX and UI designers to create compelling wireframes for SALT signoff and approval.
- Managed the Jira and Confluence review, story writing, and creating acceptance criteria for the team, sprint planning, and backlog refinement.
Product Owner2019 - 2020Azuri Technologies
- Oversaw the product UX and UI design for the mobile app using React Native for Android.
- Provided technical consultations on platform development.
- Created compelling user stories using Jira as well as backlog grooming and running sprint planning.
- Supported the recruitment process for software engineers.
- Spearheaded stakeholder support and board management reporting.
Product Manager and Business Analyst2018 - 2019Cambridge English
- Researched new technologies such as VR blockchain.
- Created the pilot for a blockchain digital certificate with a third-party vendor.
- Managed stakeholders from different divisions and levels in the business.
Product Owner2018 - 2018Local Heroes (Centrica)
- Created and developed the trader portal for traders to play their services to customers of British Gas.
- Created user stories based on trader interviews for new features.
- Liaised with the Salesforce operations team to develop new features in the roadmap.
- Signed off on the UX, design scoping, and wireframing.
- Managed three developers and reported to management on a weekly basis.
MyVodafone App Proposals Manager2017 - 2018Vodafone Global
- Designed the service model for the MyVodafone mobile application development.
- Produced costing and pricing materials for MyVodafone new demand.
- Ensured the proposal met the customers' needs.
- Collaborated with remote Vodafone QA and development teams.
- Interviewed local market teams to align the MyVodafone requirements and roadmap.
Head of Technical Fulfilment2016 - 2017Blackdot Solutions
- Led the management of eighteen .NET development teams, including recruitment and staff management.
- Created technical and product tickets and acceptance criteria in Jira.
- Oversaw the development operations, including agile planning, backlog, and the product roadmap.
- Reported to the board and was the leader and a decision-maker for all technical production across the business.
Interim Head of Software Delivery2015 - 2016SIS TV
- Reported to the board and managed a £5 million profit and loss departmental budget.
- Provided leadership and was the decision-maker for all technical production across the business.
- Spearheaded the development studio operations and the line management of more than 50 QA and development teams across two UK locations.
- Ran the agile sprint planning, backlog, and roadmap and was a Growth Initiative Programme board member.
- Created new product development processes and agile methodologies and streamlined current teams.
Product Manager | Apps and Games2014 - 2014Pearson Education
- Created a range of exciting new game titles that focused on adaptive learning for each child for the primary English market worldwide.
- Analyzed and understood the Apple and Android SDK, Crashlytics, Axure, and PhoneGap requirements.
- Wrote user stories and oversaw the agile and sprint planning and backlog grooming.
- Owned and was accountable for the mobile app roadmap and release plans.
- Liaised with internal UI and UX teams to wireframe and develop the apps and oversaw stakeholder management.
Product Manager | Big Data2013 - 2014BBC
- Implemented new data measurement across the BBC to better track metrics for the video player activity.
- Supported the myBBC initiative for personalization across the BBC. I was the primary member of the BBC Data PDG (product steering committee).
- Planned sprints, the backlog grooming, and wrote user stories. I was the key stakeholder liaison with internal product teams.
- Managed a five-person development team and was the decision-maker for the OJEU procurement for a new core analytics vendor.
- Engaged with iPlayer teams across the BBC sites, including news, sports, and weather.
Studio Manager and Product Owner for Mobile2012 - 2013Gamesys
- Established the iOS and Android strategy and development roadmap.
- Managed the product development schedule and backlog of the development teams.
- Oversaw the approval of external milestone deliverables and processed all game development payments, including legal preparation and finance.
- Ran the QA plan and ensured the games were delivered on time for release.
- Managed a team of 50 developers, designers, and QA. Liaised directly with key stakeholders.
- Oversaw scrum of scrums POC across the different divisions.
Development Director2010 - 2012Electronic Arts
- Managed third-party development studios to develop AAA gaming apps on the iOS platform, launched FIFA11, Battleships, Game of Life, Battlefield 2, and other iOS titles generating over $3 million.
- Oversaw the new strategy for Freemium title development.
- Managed an in-house team of five iOS development engineers—studio worldwide reporting responsibility for EMEA projects to executives in the USA.
- Handled the QA plan and budgets for different projects.
- Supervised the UAT testing and approvals criteria for final release and live deployment.