Nicholas J. Abruzzo
Nicholas is a passionate and proven leader in digital strategy, marketing, and product management with significant experience in healthcare. Throughout his career, his teams have launched over twenty websites and apps—which increased engagement and satisfaction for millions of customers. Currently, Nicholas is the director of product for an AI startup, and available for part-time consulting engagements.
ExpertiseArtificial Intelligence as a Service (AIaaS)Digital MarketingDigital StrategyHealthcareInnovationLeadershipManagementProduct Management
Director of Product Management and Marketing
- Oversaw the development of the product roadmap for a type of revolutionary AI software as a service.
- Directed the product strategy—where to play and how to win.
- Developed the omnichannel marketing efforts to increase awareness of ST's product offerings.
- Created the product design and business plan for a mobile-based social media platform that would leverage augmented reality to foster face-to-face connections to help address the epidemic of loneliness, which affects half of US adults, particularly Generation Z; acting as the founder and chief product officer of Tribes.
- Worked on a project for an online education SaaS company serving clients in healthcare, aviation, and government.
- Designed a comprehensive go-to-market product strategy for a new market. The client is an online education SaaS company.
- Analyzed the competitive landscape and identified key product differentiators for health systems. The client is an online education SaaS company.
- Built market segmentation and sizing analysis based on revenue potential. The client is an online education SaaS company.
- Created the pricing strategy and business model to maximize revenue growth and sustainable profitability. The client is an online education SaaS company.
- Developed the brand messaging strategy which was designed to communicate a more compelling value proposition. The client is an online education SaaS company.
- Worked on Rocket Education Group: an instructional design and online education digital agency.
- Designed a commercial and digital strategy targeted at for-profit education companies and universities.
- Crafted the brand messaging and positioning strategy focused on a high-touch boutique approach coupled with best-in-class instructional design services to establish compelling market differentiation.
- Developed the pricing strategy and service packages for different market segments.
Vice President Interactive Marketing and Digital Strategy & Services
American Medical Association
- Grew the site traffic from 10 million to 16 million visits using SEO and digital syndication techniques.
- Improved site usability which increased physician satisfaction every year for five years.
- Increased the click-through rate of the AMA weekly email newsletter, sent to 300,000+ healthcare professionals by 25%.
- Conducted A/B testing which increased the top online product page conversion by 65%.
- Consolidated five different login solutions into one enterprise SSO app which markedly improved user experience and enabled the growth of registered email accounts by 175,000 users.
- Led the redesign of a corporate website which earned a Platinum Award for Best Design and a Gold Award for Best Content from eHealth Strategy & Trends.
- Spearheaded the creation and roll-out of a microsite about the Affordable Care Act which earned national recognition from Google as a top site and a Golden Trumpet Award by the Publicity Club of Chicago.
- Developed the initial social strategy that earned AMA one of the highest Klout online influence scores among physician associations and the entire health vertical; as a result, today the AMA has over 1 million followers across multiple social media channels.
- Established many firsts at the AMA including its first consumer mobile app (Weigh What Matters), SMS text marketing, online community boards, use of Agile project management, and analyzing IT investments using a total cost of ownership analysis.
Global Digital Marketing and Product Manager
- Orchestrated all digital marketing strategies and tactics including eDetailing, and email promotions.
- Expanded the brand reach by engaging over 20,000 physicians, generating over 1,000 new leads, improving likelihood to prescribe Prolastin (50% vs 30% nationally) and generating $5 million incremental LTV revenue.
- Helped develop the US pulmonary product strategic plan and brand architecture which helped substantially differentiate and grow Prolastin market share.
- Managed the launch of five websites; two of which won awards for excellence by the Web Marketing Association and MarCom Awards.
- Implemented the SEO strategy, growing all site traffic by 300% in six months.
- Led Project Atlas, a million-dollar initiative that identified and implemented multiple digital marketing solutions to drive the efficacy of the commercial operations team.
Increased online accounts by 175,000 while increasing user satisfaction with a new enterprise SSO.
eDetail to Drive Brand Preference and Qualified Sales Leads
Engaged 20,00 physicians—resulting in 1,000 leads, $5 million in LTV revenue, and a 50% increased likelihood of prescribing.
Weigh What Matters Mobile App
Orchestrated the development, launch, and marketing of the AMA's first mobile app which had 20,000 downloads in 4 months.
My team developed the strategy and UX for Weigh What Matters (WWM). The purpose of the app was to support individuals lose weight—by making them more aware of their weight, eating, and activity habits over time.
New Powerful App to Search & Discover Policieshttps://policysearch.ama-assn.org/policyfinder
Led the team that redesigned AMA's policy finder—increasing the click-through rate by 38% & reducing the bounce rate by 18%.
A/B Testing to Improve Product Sales
Through A/B testing we increased the revenue for a top product by 88%.
Master's Degree in Communications Management
University of Southern California - Los Angeles, CA, USA
Bachelor's Degree in Media Studies
University of Illinois - Champaign-Urbana, IL, USA