Verified Expert in Product Management
Omkar is a product manager who has worked in major companies, including Shopify, Walmart, Loblaws, and Bank of Montreal. He was instrumental in building, launching, and scaling large B2C products such as Shopify Marketplaces, PC Express, and Walmart Online Grocery, generating over CAD$20 million in revenue. His product experience extends to AI/ML products in B2B financial services. Omkar's entrepreneurial background brings a founder's mindset to solving customers' problems.
- Developed the product strategy for the marketplaces team to drive GMV growth via 3P apps such as Google, Meta, and TikTok.
- Led the onboarding squad to ship marketplace discovery experience and AI signals to help accelerate the time to market for the merchants.
- Improved developer workflows through marketplace kit, pre-built app, and connector platform leading to reduce time to build marketplace apps for the Shopify App Store.
- Partnered with Google, Meta, and TikTok to drive GMV growth through pre-installation, guides, insights, and funnel-tracking projects.
- Worked with the recruitment team to revamp the recruitment process for the APM candidates within Shopify to drive efficiencies.
Senior Product Manager
BMO Bank of Montreal
- Built an AI-powered lending platform with a profitability impact of CAD 10 million annually.
- Worked with senior executives to help develop the AI roadmap for multiple business lines within BMO.
- Spearheaded the development of the AI-product management framework for the BMO as an enterprise.
- Led a team of ML/AI researchers to deliver customer segmentation models to help improve ROI by 50%.
- Developed the product vision and requirements for an internal AI marketplace; conducted a build versus buy analysis to identify the right technology partners.
- Launched the Loblaw Marketplace by leading a team of 15 engineers and two designers in an agile environment.
- Conducted user research and competitive analysis to develop product requirements for the product pages, search, cart, and checkout experience.
- Prioritized user stories/backlog based on customer value and technical constraints; worked with tech leads to breakdown technical stories.
- Designed experiments on Adobe Target to test and validate UX changes to help improve micro-conversions in the customer journey by 25%.
- Collaborated with data-science teams to develop data-models to understand the user’s intent, and improve search relevancy scores by 20%.
- Conducted market research and analysis to identify unmet needs in the $20 billion test prep market.
- Built a business model for an AI-based learning application to support test prep for students.
- Developed the product roadmap and worked with the UI, UX, and engineering teams to design a prototype for testing.
- Analyzed a business model to develop a $10 million company valuation along with identifying resource requirements.
- Pitched to investors in New York City and Toronto and became a finalist at Next AI (an incubator for artificial intelligence-based startups).
- Developed the merchandising strategy for urban markets that delivers 520% YoY growth and 17% above the sales plan.
- Identified enhancement to availability algorithms to improve the online grocery fill-rate from 85% to 95% resulting in operational efficiencies.
- Optimized assortment strategy to increase the variable contribution margin for weekly shop items by 70%.
- Change managed the transition to the Every Day Low Price strategy in online grocery—grew sales by 35%, basket size by $5, AUR by $2.
- Coached 50+ suppliers through 15 webinars on how to eCommerce, resulting in 100% SKU growth from 8,000 to 16,000 in a 1-year period.
- Assisted the development of financial models to support the online grocery market expansion/rollout into the Western Canada market.
- Executed six seasonal programs including Holiday, Better for You, Back to School, Halloween, Easter, and Thanksgiving—90% average sell-through.
- Developed the scoreboards and trackers to monitor business performance, identify risks, and opportunities for growth.
- Researched the market and made customer demos to achieve product-market fit.
- Developed a go-to-market strategy to help win Microsoft and Walmart accounts—achieving the sales target of $100,000.
- Supported the CTO to help manage engineering sprints.
- Led a team of 40 associates to manage district-level campaign operations and achieved a more than 11% increase in voter registrations.
- Managed country operations for innovative new hologram-based campaigns to achieve the outreach target of 1 million voters.
- Developed processes to measure voter sentiment in real-time and develop the party's response framework.
Larsen and Toubro Limited
- Developed and managed multi-channel marketing campaigns to achieve an average 7:1 return-on-investment.
- Led research and development activities to support new product innovation—launching the first 7-ton excavator in the Indian market.
- Achieved yearly sales targets for territory, and increased gross margin by 1.5%.
- Recommended design improvements to help reduce equipment maintenance costs for customers by 15%.
- Developed sales funnel trackers to help increase productivity of sales engineers across India.
Led the design and development of the Loblaw Marketplace with over 10 million monthly active user across web and mobile
Online Grocery Website and App for Walmart Canadahttps://www.walmart.ca/en/grocery
Worked as part of the founding team that led the operations and development of the website and mobile app for online grocery at Walmart Canada.
AI-powered Lending Platform
Led a team for researchers, designers, data-scientists and engineers to deliver an AI-powered lending platform.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Business Administration
University of Toronto - Toronto, Canada
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
BMS College of Engineering - Bangalore, India
Machine Learning and AI Foundations: Value Estimations
Communication for Product Managers
Product Management: Building a Product Strategy
Product Management: Building a Product Roadmap
Metrics for Product Managers
Agile Project Management Principles
Technology for Product Managers
Product Marketing Foundations
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring