Chief Product Officer (contract)2019 - PRESENTUBIX
- Worked at UBIX, a cloud-based, open-source data science platform that helps users of all skill levels develop and deploy big, fast data architecture and data science pipelines.
- Led early-stage data science projects with customers to provide predictive solutions in the pharmaceutical and other industries.
- Specified the roadmap, including the creation of user stories (for the entire UBIX stack)—from managing open-source technologies like Apache Spark and TensorFlow to creating new UIs for different expertise levels.
CMO and VP of Corporate Development2018 - 2019CellTrak
- Worked at CellTrak which provides a mobile and SaaS solution that helps home care agencies in the US, Canada, and the UK deliver higher quality care, communicate more effectively, improve compliance, reduce costs, and increase productivity. CellTrak is integrated with over 24 EMR and state and MCO aggregators and supports over one million visits per week.
- Implemented account-based marketing (ABM), replacing a dated and expensive, trade show-led approach. Created executive-level ABM content, generating new pipeline each quarter from under 18% ABM deals to over 56% in less than a year.
- Developed a new VAR partnership and, in four quarters, grew bookings by over 350%. Increased pipeline to over $2 million, which was over 165% of plan and over 9x bookings coverage.
- Managed the marketing, partnering, inside sales, sales engineering, and sales enablement. Worked hands-on concerning all aspects of these functions, from strategy to implementation and management.
- Led a metrics-driven inside sales function that was designed to target ABM accounts.
- Focused sales engineering to address sales cycle blockers with demo paths based on EMR integrations.
CEO2017 - 2017Stratus Intelligence
- Worked at Stratus Intelligence which helps high-volume consumer bankruptcy firms grow their legal practices. Stratus’ cloud software, StratusBK, automates the essential tasks in firm management: delivering client service, preparing and filing petitions, tracking cases, and automating tasks.
- Increased the MRR by 28%—a run rate of about $.5 million ARR—by repositioning, creating new pricing, and directly managing sales.
- Cut expenses by 73% to right-size the company for the opportunity.
- Repositioned the company to focus on more lucrative adjacent markets while expanding revenue from the core offering by targeting larger firms.
- Managed all functions, including personally leading sales, marketing, product, DevOps, engineering, and QA.
- Created and executed a new sales process, customer success function; developed new messaging, website (not posted), and implemented Pardot for marketing automation.
- Managed a board that was new to software investing.
- Used Jobs-To-Be-Done Framework to manage innovation.
VP of Product and Solution Strategy | VP of Product Management2007 - 2016SAVO
- Worked at SAVO which provides SaaS, in-CRM, and mobile sales enablement solutions to deliver the right materials, information, and subject matter expertise to improve sales productivity.
- Developed a data science/predictive analytics strategy using data assets as differentiation.
- Led the research, proof-of-concept, customer and market testing.
- Managed excellent relationships with new analysts at Forrester, SiriusDecisions, and 451 Group—leading to high scores in critical comparative pieces, like SiriusDecisions' SiriusView.
- Saved at-risk MRR by developing new analytics services offering to fill a competitive gap and address customer satisfaction.
- Used “Lean Startup” approach to create a product and solution strategic planning process.
- Worked with engineering to support the Agile transformation.
- Partnered with customers to drive innovation, leading to a more market-driven roadmap for mobile (iOS and Android smartphones and tablets), prospect engagement, and channel enablement offerings.
- Helped manage partnerships with SAP, Salesforce, and others.
- Built functions—product marketing, product management, competitive intelligence, analyst relations—while developing the product vision.
- Hired and developed a team of 12 product managers, UX designers, and tech writers.
- Partnered with sales and customer success teams to support sales cycles and revitalize existing accounts to ensure retention.
- Spoke at customer conferences held throughout the country.
- Relaunched a new SAVO platform and guided the product through the “version 1.0” days, which require making quick decisions about enhancing stability versus investing in innovation.
VP of Global Marketing2006 - 2007Arcplan
- Worked at Arcplan, Inc. (now called Longview Solutions), a worldwide analytics provider of financial and operational performance management software that accesses and analyzes data from SAP, Hyperion, Oracle, Microsoft, and other systems concurrently.
- Rebuilt Arcplan’s marketing strategy, emphasizing its differentiation and setting the stage for stabilization and growth in a competitive market.
- Changed the positioning to compete in the performance management market rather than continuing to compete in the much larger and well-funded traditional Business Intelligence (BI) market.
- Helped create partnerships with BI vendors that used to be Arcplan competitors.
- Partnered with sales to develop messaging for finance instead of IT, created sales enablement and communications materials, and launched a new web site.
- Managed a metrics-based lead-generation budget of over $1.5 million.
- Balanced the marketing investment: SEM/SEO, SDRs, customer events, and more.
- Aligned activities based on sales metrics like revenue, pipeline, and qualified leads.
Director of Product Management | Director of Global Alliances1997 - 2006SPSS
- Worked for SPSS, Inc. (now part of IBM), a leading worldwide provider of predictive analytics software and solutions. Founded in 1968, SPSS at the time of its acquisition by IBM, had over 250,000 customers worldwide and 1,200 employees in 60 countries. FY 2006 revenues were $261.5 million.
- Planned and executed a database partner strategy to turn potential competition into partners. The strategy used a feature, in-database mining, to use competitive database add-ons as a platform, providing an incentive for database vendors to work more closely with SPSS.
- Managed a team of product managers in charge of SPSS’ predictive analytics offerings: data mining, text mining, web mining, and enterprise model management, which comprised the backbone of SPSS growth strategy.
- Managed SPSS’ flagship data mining product, Clementine (now IBM SPSS Modeler), to achieve growth targets, including 63% for SPSS data mining tools in Q1 2003, double-digit growth for at least five consecutive quarters through Q4 2004, and 100% growth in 1999 and 2000.
- Developed and promoted vertical go-to-market offerings to expand global adoption of SPSS solutions.
- Launched a new enterprise model management platform to move from a legacy desktop business into an enterprise applications business.
- Integrated technology from a text mining acquisition leading to growth that as a "genuine bright spot" (SPSS’ SEC filing) and a first-to-market position in using unstructured and structured data for predictive analytics/data science.
Lead Paralegal1993 - 1997Antitrust Division, US Department of Justice
- Performed litigation support, eventually leading a team of up to 20, for major antitrust cases in the technology, healthcare and agricultural processing industries.
- Set up the workflow for eDiscovery systems, including the use of databases and imaging systems.