Verified Expert in Product Management
PV brings 15+ years of technology product management experience in networking, mobility, and IoT. His blend of software, hardware, mobile, and cloud experience makes him a unique and valuable addition. PV's pragmatic approach can be invaluable in bringing sales, engineering, and leadership together on conflicting issues, maintaining forward project momentum. He is also a seasoned Java/Android developer with many successful engineering projects.
Senior Director of Product Management
JDA Software, Inc.
- Developed AI/ML-based autonomous supply-chain solutions, powered by big data and real-time IoT/edge visibility.
- Co-founded Visybl, a B2B SaaS IoT startup with a mission to digitize enterprise assets and interactions, and make critical data available in real time via the Visybl cloud.
- Handled end-to-end product development including hardware (EE/ME), firmware, software, and cloud.
Director of Product Management
- Productized Android OS customized for multi-user, enterprise use.
- Emphasized on security (bootloader) and device management.
- Built custom APIs for partner enablement.
- Migrated customer base from Windows to Android.
- Worked with Fortune 10 companies typically involving large deployments.
- Reverse-engineered the serial protocol for an animal weight scale.
- Tested USB-to-serial and serial-Bluetooth adapters for best fit with the application.
- Developed wireframes for the app.
- Integrated drivers for USB OTG.
- Tested and debugged the app remotely.
Senior Product Manager | Product Manager
- Worked as a product manager with complete P&L responsibility for RFID portfolio: handhelds, fixed devices, antennas, and software.
- Worked with numerous Fortune 100 companies, globally capturing use cases and developing ROI for RFID applications.
- Worked on a cradle-to-grave lifecycle with attention to margins, inventory, and obsolescence.
- Developed APIs and tools to enable ISV partners.
Robotics Software Startup - Product Growth Lead
This was a startup building a robot management SaaS service. In < six months drove growth from < five to 50 paying customers.
- Product quality issues affecting adoption
- Stripe payment integration
- Overall project management as needed
IoT: Track Enterprise Assets and Peoplehttp://www.visybl.com
Product-led a turnkey solution to track enterprise assets and people, targeting the SMB market.
Small businesses often have little to no specialized tech staff so the product was designed to be self-installing using web and mobile interfaces.
A go-to-market strategy was based on reseller channels such as CDW as well as Amazon.
The product team included cloud and mobile app developers, electrical, mechanical engineers, industrial designers, and UI/UX designers.
My role in the rapid development of this solution led to revenue within 12 months from the start of development.
Cloud: Portal for the Amazon Dash Buttonhttp://gobutton.io
Launched via a successful Kickstarter, acted as the product and marketing lead for a user-configurable Amazon Dash button.
Along with my team, I launched a product/portal/service that made it possible for anyone to use these buttons and configure custom actions. The product was launched via Kickstarter and I also led the media effort for maximum exposure close to launch day.
Mobile App: Physically Locate Digital Memories
As a head of product for the MVP phase, I built a working app and back end in six weeks.
I developed the MVP requirements for app and cloud, focusing on clearly demonstrating core functionality. I directed UI/UX, mobile, and cloud teams to get to the MVP phase rapidly.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree in Marketing
Indian Institute of Management - India
Bachelor of Science (BSc) Degree in Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology - India
Patent — Method and Apparatus for Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Data Transmission
Patent — Method and Apparatus for Optimizing Management and Configuration of Radio Frequency Identification Readers
New Product Development Professional (NPDP)
Product Development and Management Association
Six Sigma Yellow Belt