Verified Expert in Product Management
Raluca is a success-driven visionary with 10+ years of hands-on and strategic leadership expertise in the software industry. Her expertise spans several industries, from B2C— with a strong focus on eCommerce—to marketplaces, B2B Saas, and cutting-edge ML/AI-based software. Raluca has led large cross-functional teams in established companies, has co-founded a successful startup, has 0 to 1 product development experience, and has worked with many companies to define and execute product strategies.
Hybrid Product Manager | Marketing Content Strategy Director
- Worked with the UI/UX, strategy, tech, and creative teams to define the digital experience strategy.
- Conducted in-depth market and user research and delivered user personas, user journeys, and storyboards.
- Prepared specifications and a creative brief for the UI/UX team.
UX Product Manager
Azrieli Ecommerce Ltd.
- Worked with the Trade department to rebuild the back office tools and systems needed to operate the eCommerce business.
- Collaborated with business and tech to define the scope and the new architecture for the entire back-end architecture (re-platforming project).
- Implemented several back office tools, trained different departments, and migrated hundreds of vendors and catalogs to the new platform.
Product Manager (Growth PdM)
Advertise Purple, Inc
- Worked with different departments to clearly define customers' pain points and problems.
- Collaborated with top management to define solutions based on business objectives.
- Elaborated a strategy and an implementation plan with KPIs to improve user experience and create meaningful solutions that drive business results.
Yonder Global PBC
- Worked with senior management to define the reporting needs and implemented reporting dashboards in analytics, Metabase, and amplitude for the entire organization. Prepared the requirements for tracking implementation and led the development and delivery.
- Trained all departments on how to generate and interpret the reports created.
- Led the implementation of all tracking requirements, including back and front end.
Senior Product Manager | Consultant
- Led the design, development, and release of a new comparison tool for a medication category directly impacting conversion and business results.
- Managed the procedures of design, development, and release of subscription features for specific medicine that should be taken regularly.
- Created the backlog of improvements and A/B tests that drive conversion and business results online.
Head of Product
- Launched a successful educational app for future house owners.
- Pivoted multiple times until finding the right business model.
- Achieved cumulative growth of €1 million in four years and grew the business to a valuation of €7 million.
Senior Product Manager
- Coordinated the entire redesign of the MVP app and the release of new features relevant to the community.
- Conducted user and market research to define the user persona and main pain points, prioritized the backlog of features, and coordinated the day-to-day product development process.
- Managed the re-structuring of the app to be more understandable from a UI/UX perspective.
- Led the user and data analysis, feature definition, and development of new product page designs for the fashion category.
- Documented and trained other team members on the A/B testing process.
- Managed the development of a single notification platform by integrating all notification tools and applications in use.
Senior Product Owner
- Led the development and release of a new content management system and automated content publishing and management system.
- Contributed to the development, third-party integrations, and release of a new product, such as a website and new games provided by third-party suppliers.
- Managed the processes of developing and releasing the entire set of Betfair products in Italy, along with all features and functionalities according to the Italian legal and compliance requirements.
Interactive Product Development Manager
Viacom International Media Network
- Worked closely with development, QA, content management, and commercial teams to develop and release Nick Jr.'s app in nine countries.
- Contributed to developing and releasing a redesigned Nickelodeon website in nine countries and five languages together with development, QA, content management, and commercial teams.
- Collaborated with development, QA, content management, and commercial teams to develop and release a redesigned MTV website in nine countries in five languages.
Nick Jr.'s Watch and Learn App
Led the development and release of the app for iOS and Android in Benelux, Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. The app won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Creative Achievement In Interactive Media - User Experience And Visual Design in 2013.
My role was to coordinate the development and testing team and ensure that the app was appropriate for the target group.
The challenge was to stress-test the app using different devices and screen resolutions and test responses to hectic interaction, closing, killing, and reopening.
MTV Website Redesign
Led the development, QA, content preparation, and release of the new MTV website for Central and Northern Europe.
The most challenging thing was to find a technical solution that would allow users to play videos while browsing through the website, which no competitor had at that time, and manage content teams across nine countries to ensure meeting the deadline.
Gamified Experience on Betting Platform
Led the feature definition and development of an automated platform for bonuses and promotions, which involved multiple scrum teams and stakeholders in the company.
The purpose of the automated bonus was to increase gamification, engagement, and spending while keeping a solid position in the market as an innovation leader.
The challenge in this project was syncing the stakeholders and teams to deliver the feature. In addition, we faced a few technical challenges related to the app’s performance and perfect sync between all components, wallets, and third-party integrations such as games providers with their wallet and bonus types.
As a result, we improved engagement and spending, especially in the games promoted through bonuses.
From Educational App to Digital Interior Design Business
Created an educational, content-based app for iOS and Android about house-building projects in Romania, which reached one million users in one year with minimum marketing spend; pivoted to a monetization option in a slightly different industry.
The educational app with tips and tricks for each step of the house building project came naturally after interviewing future house owners in hundreds of sites across the country. The next step was to find a monetization option that would help the project become a stand-alone, fast-growing business. After testing many ideas from customer exploration, the interior design industry proved to be the most promising one.
As the head of product, I have created the entire product from scratch, using design thinking and lean startup methodologies. The entire product was built iteratively, based on repeated tests and continuous learning. I proved the business model and product-market fit, attracted customers from zero to 100 per month for a mid-priced service in Romania, continuously improved conversion rates between 0 and 5%, and increased interior design service efficiency through process standardization and digitalization.
AI-powered Interior Design Services
Led the ideation and development of an interior design tool for end-users and designers based on visual search and deep learning.
In terms of business and operation, our model could only work with volume and fast projects, which was impossible due to the personalized nature of the service and time needed for a designer to understand and create the project. The main pain points were helping the user decide about anything, from general style to color pallets and furniture, and reducing the designer's working time.
We built and created an interactive and progressive online quiz based on the deep learning models that the user can access anytime. The quiz narrows down the user style from generic styles to specific furniture pieces found in local stores. Starting from these pieces, the designer can create the project without spending months on discussions and conversations with the customer; and finish it in a maximum of two weeks. In the process, we have also identified other applications for the models proposed.
Master's Degree in International Business and Strategic Marketing
Maastricht University - Maastricht, The Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania
Certified Product Owner
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring