Ravi Shankar Mishra
Verified Expert in Product Management
Ravi is a product management leader with 17 years of experience across Europe, India, and the US. He's led product functions at Zalando and Amazon. He has 7+ years of entrepreneurial experience, including his own angel-funded healthtech venture. Ravi is an AI/ML product expert in eCommerce and payments using cloud-based ML products and solutions.
Product Management Advisor
- Served as a freelance product management advisor at Toptal.
- Set up an AI/ML-powered personalization roadmap for Tata CLiQ and a 40-member product and tech team as the director of product and offered a CPO role.
- Led Tata CLiQ's revenue from AI-based personalization to be 25% of mobile app revenues.
- Defined the product strategy for FraudSecure, a real-time account and product security for eCommerce merchants.
- Launched an AI-powered chat application to help tech applicants identify learning objectives for desired jobs.
- Contributed to an ML/NLP-based product for recruiters of an HR-tech startup to match CVs with job descriptions. Had 30+ enterprise customer sign-ups within a month of launch.
- Advised the COVID-19 product launch on the mobile app and website for India's largest hospital network; created a low-cost customer acquisition channel driving $1 million in revenue using CRM.
Head of Product
- Oversaw the AI/ML product charter for payment risk management (around 50 million customers in 23 EU countries).
- Led seven product managers and seven scrum teams of a 50-member engineering, data science, and analytics team.
- Headed ML fraud prevention for below 1% bad debt in Europe's 2nd largest Buy Now, Pay Later (BNPL).
- Directed the product strategy and execution for driving profits of EUR 15 million in 2022 through ML.
- Contributed to an ML-based product focused on customer identity and account management, transaction security, fraud prevention, solvency risk, and GDPR-compliant encryption and data security.
- Developed secure web-based products for human feedback (labels) on ML decisions on account and transaction details.
- Built enterprise-grade data and AI platforms for training data and deploying complex ML products regularly.
Head of Product
- Set up an AI/ML-driven customer trust product function for Amazon Pay in India ($100+ million revenue in FY 2019).
- Delivered savings worth $10 million annually through an ML product roadmap for fraud and abuse prevention.
- Launched a product enabling over 90% of customer refunds of account takeover fraud within 24 hours.
- Defined an ML product roadmap for fraud and abuse prevention for all customers of Amazon Pay.
- Built an ML product for account takeovers, account security, and payment security for omnichannel businesses.
- Built a team of 5+ senior product managers with 10+ software engineers and data scientists in India and Seattle.
- Built cloud-based web apps for a 70-member operational team to investigate fraud-related customer complaints based on related accounts, customer location, order history, order velocity, risky signals, etc.
Founder and CEO
- Launched the Medinfi mobile website and Android mobile app to offer trustworthy healthcare content like blogs.
- Scaled the product as the world's most engaged health content site with 16 minutes daily time on site by users.
- Organized and directly managed a 10-member product and engineering team; set up an agile sprint planning process.
- Raised nearly $1 million in angel funding from global private equity fund managers and healthcare experts.
- Earned awards like Facebook FbStart and Best Healthcare Startup by Niti Aayog, as well as participated in a Y Combinator interview.
- Set up a digital marketing function to acquire four million active users on the web and 100,000+ mobile app installs.
- Drove customer acquisition cost to INR 1 per user with search engine optimization (SEO) and Google AdWords.
- Built an adtech business with Fortune 50 pharma clients like Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson for $50,000 in revenues.
- Recognized for social impact by Facebook Social Good Program and Richi Social Entrepreneurs, Boston.
- Worked with the Insurance Information Bureau, Government of India to give a unique identity to 30,000+ hospitals.
Senior Product Manager
- Was the 4th employee of Amazon's Junglee team and the recipient of the 1st Amazon India Cowboy Award for product innovation.
- Launched India's first products like Business Ads to enable the discovery of 100,000+ physical retailers (as compared to 1,000+ online sellers) using the Android mobile app with store images and driving directions.
- Hired 50+ team members across product management, engineering, design, and field marketing.
- Launched products in the market and became the head of retailer marketing within two years of joining.
- Set up a brand consulting firm and built a 5-member team from London Business School and IIT, Kanpur.
- Launched Tata eFee, the world’s first branded pig iron, for publicly listed Tata Metaliks, which has $300 million in revenues.
- Built the Tata eFee premium brand through customer research in tier-II and tier-III cities in India, brand identity design, leadership training, and go-to-market through customer meets.
- Got repeat business from 100% of clients during two years of operations.
Tata Administrative Services
- Launched the team of Tata Indicash, India's first and largest white-labeled ATM (50%+ market share and 10,000+ ATMs).
- Obtained the board of directors' approval for a $20 million investment into the Indicash business plan.
- Defined the business plan to monetize the world's 4th fastest supercomputer (Eka) built by Tata Group, recently used for India's space mission to the moon (Chandrayaan).
Tata Consultancy Services
- Played a key role in Agile software development for the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) internal communicator tool, using IBM Lotus Notes.
- Focused on quality assurance for the product up to its launch.
- Collaborated with the team leader on product roadmap planning.
Product Launch | World’s Most Engaged Healthcare Mobile Websitehttps://yourstory.com/2015/06/medinfi/amp
Launched the Medinfi website and mobile app, offering trustworthy healthcare content.
AI/ML Fraud Prevention for Billion Dollar eCommerce Paymentshttps://corporate.zalando.com/en/convenience/new-and-improved-invoice-payments-zalando
Saved millions of dollars in potential fraud in digital payments for large eCommerce businesses like Amazon in India and US and Zalando in Europe.
Launch of 100,000+ Retail Stores on Amazonhttps://sell.amazon.in/sell-online/local-shops-on-amazon
Led the development and launch of the Business Ads product for Amazon India, enabling more than 100,000 retail stores across 50 Indian cities to be discovered by Amazon customers.
• Defined a product requirements document for a new product called Business Ads in Amazon's Press Release and FAQ (PR/FAQ) tool.
• Conducted 300+ interviews and hired the product, engineering, and field marketing teams.
• Led the product roadmap and execution through in-house and third-party vendors to launch the native Android app and customer-facing feature to list and discover local stores.
• Received an Amazon Cowboy Award for product innovation and agile execution.
Product Strategy for Amazon Payhttps://www.amazon.in/gp/sva/
Achieved 90% of fraud resolution within 24 hours, zero regulatory and social media escalations, and enhanced customer trust on the platform. Estimated savings are worth millions in fraud and abuse prevention.
Two-hour Delivery of Smartphones for Amazon India
Defined the product roadmap and planned the launch for two-hour delivery of smartphones.
Commercialization of the World's 4th-fastest Supercomputerhttps://www.tata.com/newsroom/heritage/eka-india-supercomputer
Architected the business plan for Eka, the world's 4th-fastest supercomputer, used to launch India's mission to the moon.
Tata eFee | New Brand Launch eFeehttps://www.tatametaliks.com/tata-efee/
Launched Tata eFee, the world’s first branded pig iron, for publicly listed Tata Metaliks ($300 million in revenues).
MBA in Personnel Management & Industrial Relations
XLRI School of Management - Jamshedpur, India
Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Production Engineering
Birla Institute of Technology - Ranchi, India
Figma UI UX Design Essentials
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring