Ryan D. Hatch
Verified Expert in Product Management
Ryan is a product leader and previous SaaS co-founder with ten years of B2B and B2C product experience, growing new products with a blend of GTM strategy, rapid prototyping, customer insights, and data analytics. He firmly believes in the power of autonomous teams, customer empathy, funnel metrics, and continuous experimentation. Ryan leads products from the innovation stage and encourages teams to design and grow products that customers love.
Product Strategy Consultant
- Helped VC-backed startups and enterprise launch and grow products and focused on developing SaaS and tech-enabled businesses.
- Consulted on B2B and B2C customer acquisition and product strategy.
- Set TAM and target market segments for B2B products.
- Collaborated with the leading lean startup innovation consultancy, Moves the Needle.
- Achieved a 33% improvement in business profitability and developed a product at a startup funded by a $250 million service business.
- Won multiple innovation awards and workshops at Enterprise Innovation.
- Served as a product coach to innovation teams working across a $9 billion customer base.
- Implemented rapid experimentation and identified customer behavior changes.
- Coached teams on how to manage using AARRR funnels and focused on OKRs and leading indicators of growth.
Head of Product Strategy
- Managed and consulted for venture-backed startups, covering Series A, B, and C.
- Recruited and managed a team of 5 product strategists for venture-backed startups.
- Developed and defined a process to launch new ventures from zero to traction.
- Led the launch of a new B2C SaaS startup and the second product for a healthcare startup funded during Series C.
- Hired by a Series C fintech startup to define the second product's feature sets.
- Created a ready-to-scale video series for Series S startups and a B2B growth framework.
Head of Product
Pulse Platform at CCI Systems
- Led the product innovation for a $250 million company.
- Created a $50 million revenue opportunity and presented it to the CEO and CTO.
- Conceptualized and validated new product market offerings.
- Sold $50,000 in preorder contracts for new product concepts before product investments were made.
- Encouraged and fostered the team's creativity and empowered teams by being outcome-based.
- Implemented OKRs with fast feedback to facilitate the team's progress.
- Collaborated with the sales teams to understand the distribution.
- Transitioned the team from features to customer success outcomes.
Co-founder | Product Manager
Dynamis Software Corporation
- Started, grew, and successfully sold the business to Strategic Buyer.
- Raised $4 million in venture capital.
- Managed the growth stage, Mixpanel, marketing automation, outbound SDRs, HubSpot, and Salesforce CRM.
- Built a sales funnel, implemented A/B testing, and increased conversion rates.
- Achieved a product-market fit.
- Designed a product with the CTO, UX team, and development team.
- Leveraged Outreach.io to increase SDR performance.
- Sized the market with ideal customer profiles; also created prospect rankings with the sales team.
- Performed customer discovery, interviews, onsite visits with clients, and more.
- Managed using LTV:CAC Ratios (by David Skok).
Agile Product Coach
- Coached agile product teams.
- Created the continuous delivery strategy.
- Designed the deployment pipelines and stages.
- Automated the regression suites and deployments.
- Handled the digital transformation.
Successful Exit – Venture-Backed SaaS Co-Founderhttps://www.appliedsystems.com
Co-founded a venture-backed B2B SaaS startup from zero through growth stage with a successful exit.
Our software was used by the top insurance brokerage firms in the USA. We were acquired by Applied Systems, the global market leader, and had a successful exit.
Fortune 500 Corporate Innovation
Generated a $300 million revenue opportunity and coached the top 2 of 30 innovation teams; named as the #1 case study.
Lead JTBD Product Managementhttps://11fs.com
Designed a new B2C digital bank—resulting in a multimillion-dollar investment from the CEO.
I combined qualitative customer interviews, quantitative market data, competitive positioning, and a new business model. I then created the product strategy and pitch deck for the CEO who funded the new product and is currently building the bank that we've designed in London.
New Product Consulting
Designed a next-generation business for a legacy print company; a new B2B2C digital eCommerce and sales enablement platform.
D2C Series A Wellness Startuphttps://www.genopalate.com/
Advised the CEO on getting a strong product-market fit and increasing the customer lifetime value.
The company is currently raising Series B funds.
Ditto – New Product Launch and Growthhttp://headway.io
Designed and launched a new B2C subscription company with high iteration cycles to achieve tight market targeting.
I collaborated on the new product launch, designing a smooth onboarding experience guided by product-led growth, and worked on funnel metrics, campaign attribution, and customer data platform for personalization. The session recordings on mobile devices allowed us to quickly see where users were getting stuck.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Michigan Technological University - Houghton, MI, USA
Mapping the Challenge