Product Manager2019 - PRESENTIcarus Lived, Inc.
- Built the product from prototype to MVP beta launch to v1 production release.
- Recruited and hired senior engineers to build an in-house engineering team and product from scratch.
- Improved application performance and usability, while moving from a monolithic to microservices, test-driven development and continuous deployment environment (LAMP to a MERN stack).
- Created financial models and market comparisons for P&L, MAUs, and valuation.
- Developed content and content strategy along with product requirements and roadmaps.
Product & Strategy2017 - 2020Everett Advisors
- Worked with founders to help them raise capital by boiling down the essence of their business into a standard pitch deck and building a financial model describing their business and potential investor returns.
- Developed a realistic go-to-market plan that incorporated a 10x cheaper customer acquisition channels and executed on it.
- Crafted real-world, location-based experiential activations for some of the biggest brands in the world.
- Took projects from an initial idea to a fully realized product by writing the requirements, finding design and development talent, and overseeing the build, release, and automated QA processes.
- Recently worked on the following clients and client products: a short-form sports social network, a CPG company, baseball hat consumer hardware, encryption software, a spatial computing protocol company, augmented reality hardware and software company, a CPG marketplace company, small form-factor smartphone, fintech optimization software, furniture manufacturing, artificial connectome for self-driving, Hollywood-grade AR/VR distribution, a micro-hotel company, a millennial media company, an emerging tech media company, global communication solutions, and a pro bono African chatbot for an education startup.
Founder | Chief Product Officer2011 - 2020PROME, Inc.
- Successfully mapped every neural connection in multiple animal brains and nervous systems to a dynamic software model then used that to drive a robotic rover in real-time.
- Won the "Best AI in Robotics" Award.
- Was invited (out of 1,000 startups) to join the Plug & Play Mobility and IoT batch in Silicon Valley.
- Created inbound interest with global F1000 companies including Ford, BASF, Fujitsu, Goodyear, Hewlett-Packard, Lufthansa, and Rolls-Royce.
Director of Product Marketing2018 - 2018VERSES Foundation
- Built the spatial web protocol and consumer/enterprise ÐApps.
- Designed the security token offering including financial valuations, projections, and company pitch decks.
- Established the customer requirements for the development team to build a blockchain-verified, AR transaction system (smart assets, smart spaces, smart contracts, next-gen 4D browsers across iOS 12, Magic Leap, and WebGL).
- Wrote the aspects of the technical whitepaper and gamified the tokenomics system.
- Established a go-to-market focus for supply chains such as warehouse pick & pack and Amazon Go-like retail shopping.
- Got MOUs signed from Devvio, NCoded, Telexistence, Path Network, Symbioses, Shadow Factory, and PROME.
- Developed the aspects of the technical whitepaper and gamified the tokenomics system.
- Worked with the OpenAR Cloud team to get the organization off the ground.
Vice President of Business Development2017 - 2018RealWear, Inc.
- Generated a third of the company’s Q1 2018 revenue through channels and ISVs (a more than 50% increase quarter on quarter).
- Expanded the ISVs developing on the RealWear platform by three-fold in three months (from 10 to 36 partners).
- Oversaw the biggest deals in the AR industry: Verizon, Honeywell, Cisco, Fujitsu, AT&T, Skanska, HPE, and ABB.
- Created money per user per month (MRR) for the Remote Expert hardware and software bundle with automated inbound lead generation.
Founder | Chief Product Officer2011 - 2018Humanizing Tech
- Founded a media publication reaching over 12,000 subscribers and hundreds of thousands of eyeballs, covering emerging tech, and predicting future trends in the industry from a product management perspective. It was recently acquired by the Mission, the largest and fastest-growing publication on Medium.
- Led the operations of a platform that has generated over 800 analyses and two years later, these analyses have ranged from biologic intelligence, personal hedge fund, editable DNA, superhuman augmentation, video as an app, and SaaS space platforms.
- Worked as the top writer on Medium for the following categories: space, virtual reality, health, fashion, technology, science, finance, investing, self-driving, psychology, social media, transportation, venture capital, business, and biologic intelligence.
Entrepreneur in Residence2017 - 2017The Mission, Inc.
- Wrote for the fastest growing and largest publication on Medium, beating the Economist and the Washington Post with millions of viewers every month.
- Authored the first podcast series on female entrepreneurs which is currently live on Apple and other podcast platforms which helped sell a Salesforce sponsorship.
Vice President of Product & Business Development2013 - 2017Piksel, Inc.
- Oversaw enterprise-grade SaaS online video products with hundreds of customers in America, UK, Germany, Italy, and resellers in LATAM and Japan.
- Built a video analytics platform from the ground up for real-time live streaming, historical VOD across a number of demographic and viewership metrics while maintaining operations of two other platforms.
- Developed live-streaming and on-demand video products (white-label web console and players, Android/iOS mobile apps, Roku apps, Sony T2 Playstation app, ads and payments/offers, LPO scheduler & EPG, UGC, analytics, streaming faith site, MCN portal, online help portal, internationalization/translation, and v5 APIs).
- Scaled the site to 375 million monthly views, more than 4 million monthly video minutes, and a streaming faith of 1.2 million monthly uniques.
- Reduced the error rate on a decade-old LAMP stack from 10% to 0.1%, increased the uptime from 99% to nearly 99.99% for a ground-up redesign & rebuild of a console, transcoding, HTML5 players, and real-time analytics.
- Fostered innovation for a live-streaming app for events, an MCN portal for Endemol, a personalized channel, and a media library.
- Reported to CEO and wrote direct reports (for engineering, product management, docs/translation) and indirect reports for QA, UX, support, sales, legal, and HR (Solana Beach, Atlanta, New York, London, York, Malaga).
- Patented the personalized channel (No. 62/073,785) and 19 others for mobile live-streaming videos in a connected car.
- Acted as a thought leader and was selected to represent consumer/enterprise video products for our $100 million global company.
- Flew 150,000 miles globally in 18 months to do whatever it took to turn around the product.
Founder | Chief Product Officer2013 - 2014SuperKind LLC
- Created a private equity group that scales traditionally unscalable businesses by adding technology, entertainment, and marketing partnerships to our portfolio companies.
- Created a private equity purchase buyout opportunity of a multi-location, boutique gym chain in the Dallas metroplex.
- Analyzed 37 historical financial statements and prepared a 70-page private equity purchase prospectus outlining the business valuation, purchase price, marketing strategy, incentive compensation plan, and external fitness and medical partnerships to supercharge revenue.
- Established SuperKind as the exclusive American marketing and distribution partner for Anil Arjandas luxury Spanish jewelry line (Anilarjandas.com), including negotiating celebrity endorsement by Lilly Ghalichi of Bravo's The Shahs of Sunset fame.
Founder | Chief Product Officer2012 - 2013Adam & Luna LLC
- Launched the StoryApp from an inkling of an idea to the App Store without any angel or venture capital and with an entirely remote team.
- Recruited a world-class team: an Ice Age story artist, a Disney concept artist, a Badgeville engineer, and a US Air Force Cyber Security engineer.
- Partnered with Carnegie Mellon Robotics Lab Senior Fellow, and as one of the ten global companies partnered with Beyond Verbal, an Israeli intelligent emotion analysis company.
- Sold six-figure deals in design and engineering agency work to fund the team’s compensation.
- Developed HR cultural and performance management document, managed all accounting and legal contracts, controlled business expenses under $200 per month.
- Functioned, as acting the CTO, building product roadmap, specs, daily standups, scrum, and weekly sprints, all while training as a product apprentice.
- Engineered seven major versions of the website, including a Ruby on Rails app to collect user signups complete with transactional emails.
- Engineered StoryApp’s first character animations in Objective-C.
- Compiled, analyzed, and shared daily product analytics and implications with the entire team.
- Managed the media relations across multiple publications including Pando Daily, Dallas Morning News, and DFW Startups.
Head of Product2011 - 2012PLYFE, Inc.
- Transitioned an alpha product to a consumer-ready web application.
- Grew it from 50,000 users, one month after beta launch, in total earning nearly 210 million points.
- Oversaw the creative side, branding, UI/UX, game mechanics, analytics, social media, mobile exploration, product roadmap, point calibration, recruiting, sprint planning, and the relationships between design, engineering, and marketing.
Founder | Chief Product Officer2009 - 2011Evolyte, LLC
- Worked for Creative and Code agency which works for Fortune 10 companies and some of the top talent, creative, and sports management agencies.
- Created A/B tested pricing models (in-app purchase vs paid download) across multiple iPhone app launches.
- Built a daily-deals store selling iPads on sale over the Christmas holiday resulting in $30,000 revenue in one month with zero marketing budget.
- Developed Confide, an app for sharing anonymous thoughts online.
- Constructed search engine optimization backlinks and onsite performance increases for clients.
- Designed decks, ads, apps, and print materials for clients.
Founder | Chief Product Officer2007 - 2010BlueStone Investments, LLC
- Developed high-frequency trading algorithms for use in real-time equity investing.
- Worked with premiere financial engineering academic institutions and let them test their algorithms with our capital.
- Generated a greater than 43% return to the market benchmark during the biggest economic downturn since the Great Depression.
Management Consultant2005 - 2010Willis Towers Watson, Inc.
- Won the Chairman's Award for Excellence out of 10,000 employees for exemplary quality work and client relationships.
- Worked for notable clients including AT&T, Walmart, Goldman Sachs, Celanese, Citizens Republic Bancorp, National City, and The Container Store.
- Managed executive compensation by conducting competitive assessments (executive market pricing for the base, bonus, LTI, perquisites, and benefits).
- Created an incentive plan design (annual and long-term) including performance metrics and goal setting, pay-for-performance analysis, 280G calculations, peer group compilations, proposal writing, billing/AR/project management, and new hire analyst training.
- Executed broad-based compensation by implementing competitive assessments (non-exempt and exempt positions for the base and total cash), building structures, leveling guidelines, custom surveys.
- Acted as one of three leaders for the Breakfast Club.
- Developed and implemented an associate development program to jumpstart high potential associate engagement and opportunities within the organization.
- Acted as the chairman of the social committee.
- Engaged and motivated the employees by opening communication channels between lines of business.