Shikhin (Shaun) Agarwal
Verified Expert in Product Management
Shaun has delivered $300+ million in revenue for B2B/B2C platforms. As a C-level product and tech executive, he's worked with boards and executives and with 400+ Global 1000 brands across retail, financial services, travel, auto, etc. He has 22+ years of product management experience in AI/Generative-AI, fintech, sales tech, blockchain/web3.0, and AR/VR. Shaun is excited to take on new business challenges and deliver market success with his transformative leadership style.
CEO | Product, Go-to-market, and P&L Executive Advisor
- Secured funding from the CEO and board of a market-leading, profitable SaaS company for a new product; delivered the product vision and strategy, early iterations, differentiation, and positioning with in-depth competitive insights/SWOT analysis.
- Hired and mentored ten people in product, engineering, and product marketing teams. Managed the overall product-business P&L and motivated the teams for R&D/iterations to deliver user value through a differentiated, personalized marketing product.
- Delivered highly optimized and scalable, personalized marketing demand side across multiple platforms such as Google/SEM, video, social media, and mobile for global 500 consumer and business brands for growth acquisition and retention goals.
- Advised the general partner of the venture fund on the product strategy and launched a new mobile consumer product for a healthcare portfolio company.
- Led the chief growth officer strategy of an EU-based B2C company with cross-functional growth marketing, funnel optimization/personalization, customer data-driven growth (CDP and CRM), and product strategy. Achieved a tenfold growth in two years.
- Refined tech, data, and AI strategies with OKRs/KPIs to create a data-driven decision-making culture in the go-to-market teams at a scale-stage US-based company to support 25% YoY growth at $100 million in revenue.
- Acted as the interim chief product officer (CPO) at Cheapoair.com.
- Developed new product strategy and led cross-functional product, marketing, digital, finance, and CX teams/VPs/SVPs of 150+ people to deliver product-market fit for a $100M target market.
Vice President of Product
- Served as the CPO and executive team member of a VC-funded, profitable martech SaaS products industry leader and reported directly to the CEO.
- Owned the product P&L (six products, one platform), overall product management, vision, strategy, and product marketing.
- Refined the strategy for ad/martech, GDPR, first party data, customer experience optimization/personalization, and marketing performance/ROI.
- Led the go-to-market strategy, platform solutions, pricing, packaging, and user journey to C-level buyers (CMO and chief data or digital officers) for 50% of the customer portfolio.
- Mentored and led teams of six functional leaders (team sizes of 15) for product management, data science, strategy/partnerships, product marketing, and user experience.
- Balanced the future vision with customer/user engagement in collaboration with engineering, marketing, and customer success across North America and Europe to improve customer retention by 10%.
- Launched personalized “eCommerce product recommendations” with an optimized UX in record time—leading the business plan, pricing, packaging, and go-to-market strategy to address a $100-million opportunity.
Co-founder | Chief Product Officer
- Led the tech, product and AI strategy, fundraising, and M&A as growth options to build and execute on the growth hypothesis—delivering multiple acquisition offers to the CEO.
- Secured R&D funding from top-rated investors (IRAP, Toronto) and hired and managed a team of data scientists, product managers, and UX for AI/ML-based intelligent product development.
- Launched marketing/predictive analytics targeting heads of media and marketing strategists for new content types like live video, voice apps, internet of things (IoT), AR/VR, social media, and digital.
- Led and mentored teams for go-to-market and key partnership initiatives in North America to find new data and API partners and supported more than 100% ARR growth across 300 global customers.
Senior Vice President of Product
- Served as the SVP of product (CPO role) and executive team member, reported directly to the CEO/COO of $50-million SaaS company; led product management, product marketing, strategy, and data science/analytics.
- Successfully managed product P&L and built new SaaS products. Set up a competitive strategy based on a detailed adtech landscape and competitors' analysis and delivered strategic market differentiation.
- Hired, led, and mentored leaders in product management, data science, user experience, product marketing, and partner management for over $30 million of product growth and $200 million of media buying.
- Led the product build, buying, and partner strategy with the CEO.
- Achieved market differentiation as a highly scalable social media demand-side platform, intelligent bidding and optimization, measurement/attribution, and performance marketing (conversion or bottom of the funnel).
- Influenced client partners and PMs at Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Google DoubleClick, AppNexus, and more to drive adtech innovation and support 80% YOY growth.
- Established thought leadership in the market and launched new products for branded content performance and marketing performance analytics and measurement.
- Acquired two companies to extend products into marketing analytics and measurement and building an audience data platform for intent and behavior.
Director of Product Marketing and Strategy
- Reported to the co-founder and chief revenue officer; the company was acquired ($122 million) for its growth in banking, mortgage, and lending industry.
- Led a global team of ten people for creating the product, brand, and market strategy and new CIO/CFO solutions, including identifying new use cases, value proposition, and roadmaps to achieve revenue growth of $10 million.
- Managed the cloud-based Evolv platform (SOA-based, RESTful APIs) through A/B testing and user/market needs analysis and prioritization in an agile methodology across global cross-functional teams of architects, engineers, and subject-matter experts.
- Managed P&L for two new products (risk, accounting)—leveraging the platform to solve challenges in the financial services industry to win ~10% market share in the total target market of $300 million.
Product Strategy Leader
- Consulted with Morgan Stanley to work directly with product heads across Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
- Reduced advisor/client loss and improved retention by 10% through an effective operating strategy for field and client communication for Morgan Stanley and Smith Barney JV in collaboration with product managers, operations, and sales/advisors.
- Managed a joint venture product integration and nationwide roll out to over 3,000 financial advisors, generated user feedback, and improved product roadmap and prioritization to achieve over 90% user retention.
Strategy Manager (New Solutions)
- Led a new product/solution launch as part of the strategy and innovation group under the leadership of former senior professionals from McKinsey, Booz & Co, and AT Kearney.
- Delivered a new CRM and operations data-analytics strategy, positioning, and market segmentation to receive buy-in from the CFO and SVP of strategy and tap a potential new market of $50 million.
- Led teams of strategy managers, subject-matter experts, and tech architects to refine a new business strategy for market entry into cloud, mobile, and big data.
- Directly worked with web analytics, UX, and engineering and reported to the director of products; Yodlee was a web-based consumer and B2B product company with clients such as ING, JPMorgan, Bank of America, and so on (the company was acquired).
- Managed and launched the next-gen of innovative features (dashboard, financial calendar, search) for Yodlee.com using agile, A/B testing, and user research to iterate and grow customer engagement by 10% and revenue by $10 million.
- Supported a B2B SaaS go-to-market strategy for global banks and financial institutions with a consumer-subscribed freemium model and paid premium products for B2B buyers.
- Hired as the first product manager in the company. Tavant was a B2B product startup that grew from 40 to 1000 employees in three years and was eventually acquired.
- Defined a new B2B web-based after-sale service product with detailed product specifications (PRDs) and technical designs using the agile methodology and leveraging the proprietary Tavant platform.
- Led mortgage and consumer lending (auto) products for user needs and innovation through storyboarding, research and use case development to contribute $15 million in revenue.
Founder | CEO
- Raised $300,000 in seed capital in the post-dot-com era for an internet tech startup that provided eCommerce and internet marketing products for the SMB market.
- Built a business of $180,000 in revenue with 15 people in two years of operations.
- Wore multiple hats but primarily contributed to client success as a full-stack engineering tech lead and product manager.
Highly Scalable and Intelligent Digital Product
Launched a new differentiated product to influence the client CEO and executive team, secured $2 million in funding for growth.
• Launched a new AI-powered product and leveraged the Internet marketing ecosystem/APIs to build the first-of-its-kind intelligent, automated, and scalable customer acquisition product.
• Integrated the product strategy by establishing business relationships with the right client/partners to access data and clients (large brands) and validated the product-market fit.
• Led product R&D/development and product growth/marketing to build truly differentiated capabilities to establish user value and secure long-term commitment/funding from the client's executive team.
$40-million AI-powered Personalization SaaS Platformhttps://monetate.com/personalization-engine/recommendations/
Refined the platform strategy for market differentiation and improve customer retention for improved profitability.
The new innovations leveraged AI to address new big market changes—GDPR and CCPA. He led first-party/customer data and customer experience platform to improve client profitability and achieve customer retention targets of over 90%.
This required me to balance the future vision with the customer/user engagement in cross-functional collaboration with engineering, marketing, and customer success across North America and Europe.
I leveraged the agile methodology to launch an intelligent personalized "product recommendations" SaaS product with an optimized UX in record time and led the business plan, pricing, packaging, and go-to-market strategy to address a $100-million growth opportunity.
Growth Strategy for a Fast-growing Consumer Fintech Market Leader
Refined the growth strategy with cross-functional objectives across brand, content, organic & paid, product, and customer relationship; delivered the product vision and strategy for branding, marketing, and advertising for a €20-million investment.
• Created the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to deliver the growth strategy by leveraging the broad and complex ecosystem of digital tech, web, mobile, and data/AI.
• Delivered C-level decisions on investment and talent requirements, evaluations of different strategic choices (business cases), and long term growth insights for an annual budget of over €10 million.
• Influenced teams on strategy and metrics for brand/content marketing, acquisition, and retention as core pillars of sustainable and profitable growth throughout the customer lifecycle.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Strategy and Entrepreneurship
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
IIT Bombay | Indian Institute of Technology Bombay - Mumbai, India