Verified Expert in Product Management
Tammy is a visionary team leader who defines and delivers strategic solutions that drive bottom-line results and praise from customers and the C-suite. She creates insightful customer experiences by leveraging her hybrid career in business and technology. She has led solution delivery for multiple apps that created unparalleled customer experiences and sales growth. Tammy guides teams to identify problems and root causes, leading to optimized product solutions that drive business results.
Stanley Black & Decker
- Launched a new eCommerce site and business strategy for Black+Decker Inc.
- Identified the product roadmap, planned, tracked, and coordinated with the project team, sub-teams, and business SMEs to establish daily and weekly reporting, identify and monitor risks, and clear project documentation.
- Worked as a scrum master for daily standups with the IT and product owner. Primary tools used: Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Excel, and Google Sheets.
- Onboarded the new product owner in defining and mapping the new eCommerce business process, including requirements analysis, user story definition and refinement with IT, backlog refinement, the MVP and release planning.
- Supported the eCommerce merchandising team, providing agile tools and methods to structure, prioritize and track their efforts to grow online revenues for SBD via Amazon, Home Depot, Lowe's, Ace, and other online retailers.
- Led the team to launch SBD's first eCommerce site in 2022.
Stanley Black & Decker - Main
- Implemented agile methods, mentored multiple teams on product ownership, and helped define the requirements for a new eCommerce site.
- Delivered a new public-facing app, an internal sales team app, and an eCommerce site on the Shopify platform. Worked with the online merchandising team to drive multi-million dollar revenue increases, primarily on Amazon.
- Served as a scrum master for business/IT cross-functional teams and worked as a liaison between the eCommerce division PMO and external McKinsey consultants working on business development initiatives for SBD eCommerce.
Freelance Product Owner and Project Manager Consultant
- Consulted with small business owners on startup strategies, product positioning, pricing, and development and marketing techniques.
- Acted as interim product owner for a startup business in the niche women's beauty products category.
- Guided an artist on the launch of a new product portfolio, planning for exhibits, creating a contacts database, setting up a Shopify ecommerce site for print sales, and creating market strategies to attract buyers and investors.
CIO and VP Operational Strategy
- Conceptualized and implemented modernized cloud computing technology solutions to drive increased revenues, profit growth, improved customer experiences, new market opportunities, and higher levels of competitive advantage for the business.
- Grew user base from 150 to 2,000+ on Salesforce.com for CRM, sales process and funnel tracking, marketing automation, unique customer journeys, integrated ecommerce sites, customer communities, and as a platform for sales rep and customer mobile apps.
- Managed cross-company, cross-geography IT and product mgmt teams of 100+ employees, fine tuning each organization. Implemented new enterprise software architecture and updated network and Cloud infrastructure and new IT processes, like Agile Delivery.
- Sped up and improved new product release cycles for strategic technologies by retooling the product groups and user community with Agile training, Scrum and Kanban methods, and new measurements of success.
- Implemented BI/analytics tools to drive dee dive customer, product, and marketing opportunity analysis, creating a business model for more data driven decision making based on solid, accurate, timely, and stable data sources.
Business and Technology Consultant
Business & Technology Consultant
- Fulfilled the roles of CFO and COO for a startup company in the building products industry.
- Implemented IBM Cognos BI integrated with Oracle and Hyperion for a global company, enabling customer level P&L and product level P&L analysis.
- Prepared financial pro formas, budgets, and cash flow schedules for a startup company to communicate with prospective and existing investors and financial lenders.
- Designed new processes and systems for a supply chain, order management, and logistics for a startup company.
Vice President | General Manager
- Managed full P&L responsibility for a consumer products group and contract packaging business units in a mid size chemical packaging business, selling primarily to Fortune 50 companies.
- Grew CPG sales organically at 15% CAGR over six years.
- Acquired companies, doubling sales of those brands over two years post-acquisition.
- Conceptualized and implemented new technologies for the sales team - BI, planogram and category management software, market research databases, and deep dive P&L by product line.
- Acted as co-president for 18 months in 2000-2001, reporting to the chairman of board.
- Drove retail service levels from 80% to 98% while decreasing inventory 20%, using BA/BI and S&OP (sales and operations planning) best practices.
IT and Engineering Systems Director
ZF Group, TRW/Lucas Industries subsidiary
- Managed IT and engineering systems support functions in a US customer center located in Minnesota, serving seven Tier One automotive plants in the Midwest US.
- Implemented a strategic workflow technology to enable faster processing of bids back to automotive customers.
- Implemented the company's first network-based CAD/CAE systems on Unix platform, migrating from Mainframe.
- Served as the US representative to Lucas Industries in Birmingham, UK for a global IT outsourcing project.
Led the team implement the first eCommerce website for Black+Decker.
Sales Builder App
Sponsored and led the design, development, and implementation of the Sales Builder app, which enabled the sales team to grow revenues by 20% in higher-margin product categories, yielding higher profitability for the company overall.
Analytics is an essential tool for making timely decisions that lead to faster, more profitable sales. The Sales Builder app combines account planning with high-speed analytics. Fine-tuned analytics within the Sales Builder app also helps the sales team to focus on product categories with the greatest potential for sales growth.
The Sales Builder app helps streamline the account planning process upfront, along with post-revenue analysis that drives more data-driven decision-making for both sales and marketing.
Conceptualized and led solution delivery for a Coaches Portal that served as an entry point for the coach/customer to interact smoothly with the company on varied business transactions, creating an unparalleled customer experience in this industry.
The architectural design for this portal included two mobile apps, three web apps, and three legacy system apps, integrated via the Salesforce.com platform, utilizing Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Community Cloud, Heroku, Marketing Cloud, multiple databases, WebSphere ecommerce, several custom Force.com apps, and a central identity service enabling single sign-on for the coach.
Benefits of the solution extend beyond initial concepts, including the ability to market to coaches in a more personalized approach, and gaining important market feedback from the coaches as they interact with the company via the Coaches Portal. The customer journeys are truly unique.
Impact Data Platform
Led the creation of a cross-company cloud database and eCommerce sites, using CRM to highlight the work of 2,000+ users to an elite sales team to drive new revenues across merged companies.
The Impact Data Platform was developed using multiple organizations across Salesforce.com, consolidating customer and transaction data from multiple sources: SAP, Peoplesoft Financials, eCommerce sites, and legacy systems. A unique identifier was assigned to properly group customers' data across the data sources.
Data integration pathways were designed and developed to update daily, so each day the sales team would have refreshed data from all three companies (daily being fast enough for this long selling cycle business). High levels of testing were required iteratively to identify defects and other data anomalies.
Leveraging consolidated data, the sales team harnessed the power of CRM tools: Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, and Community Cloud to sell high-impact solutions to customers across the three companies. This strategic model increased revenues for all companies.
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration and Spanish (Double Major)
St. Mary's University - Winona, Minnesota, USA
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)