Verified Expert in Product Management
Tom has a wealth of experience building products and brands from ideation through to market launch and leadership. His expertise includes digital marketplaces, greenfield ventures with enterprise clients, and a multitude of eCommerce solutions. He has successfully worked with a wide variety of clients on new ventures and optimized existing products and services. Tom's passion is in identifying and carving out product-market fit for his projects and delivering outstanding work.
- Managed the build of a customer metrics solution that collects and manages data from multiple sources from the ground up.
- Created a go-to-market strategy and inbound marketing channel that created a cash flow-positive business within three months of the start date.
- Built a team that is successfully working in an Agile environment to hit key milestones on two-week timeframes.
Founder and Strategy Director
- Worked with a national enterprise to identify new product opportunities and refine a product roadmap for a national product initiative.
- Worked with multiple startups to align their product roadmap with key customer segments and managed the product build to increase the chance of product-market fit at launch.
- Led the creation of an inbound marketing system for a hardware startup that achieved a CAC of 0.7% of CLV.
- Designed and scoped a product roadmap for an IoT product focusing on the digital delivery of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy to assist with insomnia and sleep apnea.
Digital Account Manager
- Managed the internal product team to launch and optimize a new product in online vocational education and mentoring support services.
- Created a go-to-market strategy for acquiring and retaining new students across Australia.
- Designed and scoped a customer journey automation plan to be implemented via Pardot and Salesforce.
Led the product roadmap creation and product management of an online volunteering marketplace for remote white-collar volunteers that became a global industry leader.
My involvement as the product manager of the online marketplace involved aligning the founding team's vision with its customers' value drivers and managing a team of designers and developers to create a product that would ultimately achieve stronger product-market fit than incumbent solutions, Seek Volunteer (AUS) and Catchafire (USA).
I was also responsible for the creation and management of the go-to-market strategy, which Vollie continues to use as an inbound volunteer recruitment system. Vollie has won multiple industry awards, is expanding globally, and has partnered with large multinational companies to provide a corporate volunteering experience that utilizes the product and customer experience that I helped design and manage to change the way corporations volunteer their staff.
Product owner who led design and managed the development of journey analytics and customer data dashboard that enterprises use to operationalize their customer feedback loops.
Launched in late 2019, the company was already cashflow-positive, so I continued to support the scaling of the company as it attracted new clients and fielded new requests for product features.
My current role is in prioritizing build features to ensure the product remains a product and does not inadvertently transform into a consultancy. I use Agile methodology that includes customer feedback and technical planning.
Buchanan Law Firmhttps://bchn.com.au/
Managed the end-to-end creation of the brand, website, and communications strategy for one of Australia's most-innovative IP law firms.
The key to success for the project was being able to turn what is usually a technical, jargon-filled value proposition into a series of assets that gives the prospective client both trust in the firm's expertise and emotional buy-in.
Easy Tax Backhttps://ezytaxback.com/
Audited and mapped new product roadmap for an online tax return product, Ezy Tax Back.
Market Segmentation Strategy for 2x National Brands
Designed the methodology for and led the segmentation of a leading property and energy brand in Australia.
I use a mixed-methodology approach, which combines big data with qualitative discovery to help brands identify their high-value customers and determine how they can leverage their value drivers to build better products, services, experiences, brands, and business strategies.
One CEO has commented, "this is the first time that we have created a segmentation strategy that is actually actionable."
The result of my work has enabled one company to expand into new territories by identifying new target markets and how to leverage their value drivers and has provided the other with a clear roadmap of new product opportunities unique to their territory.
Master's Degree in Marketing
Queensland University of Technology - Brisbane, Australia
Bachelor's Degree in Creative Technology
JMC Academy - Brisbane, Australia
Certified Practicing Marketer
Australian Marketing Institute
Master of Business (Marketing)
Queensland University of Technology