Verified Expert in Product Management
Zain is a seasoned professional whose experience spans various industries and company types. He founded two companies, the first in the music and events domain, and the second was a digital transformation consultancy delivering digital solutions for mid-cap businesses. His background includes serving as the CTO at a fast-growing cosmetics startup and obtaining a data science certification. Zain is a partner at a private equity firm focused on investing and acquiring mid-cap businesses in the UK.
Head of Growth
- Established the go-to-market plan for the entire product suite and managed a team of content writers, developers, and designers to prioritize the best features based on customers' demands and feedback.
- Implemented a cross-department marketing strategy for the team and created robust systems and processes to automate and facilitate user growth and product adoption.
- Engineered the workflow for the marketing and product teams and assisted the founders in managing revenue growth during a crypto bear market.
Director of Digital and Data
Mandeleo Animal Health Group
- Helped build a data-driven animal healthcare provider by acquiring and growing founder-led clinics from a fragmented market.
- Co-created a long-term incentive plan intending for the company to operate over 30 animal health clinics across the UK by 2027 and achieve a cumulative £10 million EBITDA.
- Managed the integration of digital platforms and digital transformation across the value chain, centralizing data repositories to produce accessible healthcare data and creating digital layers for the entire holding company.
Colorculture Network, LLC
- Developed the company's digital footprint from inception to launch.
- Co-created the messaging, copy, and branding for the main eCommerce solution.
- Created financial models to gauge the profitability and feasibility of new client projects.
Chief Technology Officer
- Headed eCommerce, digital marketing, and technology at a multi-brand cosmetics startup based in London.
- Built the entire eCommerce engine from the ground up and developed the brands' digital rollout strategy by creating marketing plans, processes, and funnels.
- Designed and structured the complete eCommerce offerings, supply chain, and customer-facing platforms for the three brands—CTZN Cosmetics, Z Cosmetics, and Smart Girls Get More.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
The Sound Gaarden
- Founded a consolidated music platform in the Middle East and North Africa region focused on creating content, hiring musicians, and developing partnerships with brands and companies that want to associate themselves with local talents.
- Secured key partnerships with Bacardi, Microsoft, Jameson (Pernod Ricard), du (Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company), Careem (acquired by Uber), Marriott International, and Renaissance Hotels.
- Led the business to surpass $1,600,000 in annual revenue with a portfolio of 260 artists, over 850 bookings, and 65 events.
Head of Digital Transformation
- Led client companies' digital transformation by building their digital presence from scratch or transforming their existing processes to be more efficient, cost-effective, and customer-centric.
- Built and nurtured clients' online and digital presence to generate impact on their bottom lines through high-performance marketing strategies focused on return on investment (ROI).
- Secured partnerships with key clients, such as Fitness First, Microsoft, Uber, IBM, Yoga Ashram, ICAN Personal Training, Maestro Displays, ITP Media Group, and Telal Resorts.
Mandeleo Animal Health Group Website and Platformhttp://mandeleoanimalhealth.co.uk
Led the web design, development, and copywriting for a modern animal health group in the United Kingdom.
I managed the integration of digital platforms and digital transformation across the value chain, centralizing data repositories to produce accessible healthcare data and creating digital layers for the entire holding company.
CTZN Cosmetics eCommerce Design and Developmenthttp://ctzncosmetics.com
Designed and structured the complete eCommerce offerings, supply chain, and customer-facing platforms for CTZN Cosmetics.
Market Change Prediction Algorithm Based on Reddit's WSBhttps://medium.com/i-rr/can-we-actually-predict-market-change-by-analyzing-reddits-r-wallstreetbets-9d7716516c8e
Created an algorithm that provides an in-depth exploration into the famous subreddit and the application of various classification models to understand if the information we gather from users can predict market change.
I built a sentiment analysis algorithm to gauge how much influence the fast-paced and often crude traders on r/wallstreetbets have on the overall market.
Managed and Helped Launch the Entire Color Culture Websitehttp://colorculture.com
Managed, planned, and launched the entire Color Culture website and digital footprint.
Bachelor's Degree in Economics
University of Virginia - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring