André Mendes Duarte
Verified Expert in Project Management
André is a project management and IT professional with 10+ years of experience and a track record of delivering challenging technical projects. He has been a developer, business analyst, scrum master, technical project manager, and IT leader. André adds exceptional value by blending a bachelor's degree and experience in computer science with an MBA in project management, and he is pursuing a master's degree in computer science.
Technical Program Manager for a Health Technology Company
Swift Medical Inc.
- Created portfolio management and timelines for the company's projects.
- Started a Jira structure review and configuration.
- Reviewed the Scrum process of engineering teams and how they receive bugs from customer services.
Lead Project Manager for a Social Media App
- Delivered a social media network with a lot of integrations.
- Managed teams across the world in different time zones.
- Gave weekly reports with project progress, mixing Scrum and traditional techniques.
- Participated in board meetings to define the company's IT strategy and the construction and management of the IT annual budget.
- Built product roadmaps aligned with the company's strategy and operations teams.
- Owned responsibility for product, development, BI, support, and infrastructure areas.
- Managed 120+ people split into multiple teams, with several managers responding directly to me.
- Took part in the company's strategic planning by managing multiple technology teams, including BI, customer support, development, and product.
- Monitored and set goals and metrics, built action plans, and defined strategies with coordinators to keep up with all metrics.
- Managed technology contracts, budgets, and roadmaps.
- Played a key role coordinating development teams, product owners, support, and infrastructure.
- Managed direct relationships with customers and suppliers and played an active role in planning the evolution of the software used by customers.
- Participated in software deployment for 600,000+ health plan users.
- Implemented Jira as the management tool for software development and service desk software. Used Jira to gather performance and due date metrics integrated with Microsoft Power BI.
Systems Analyst | Team leader
- Gathered requirements from internal and external customers, defined priorities with the development team, and trained advanced customer support teams.
- Played a vital role as the person in charge of the ERP plan management used by more than one million health insurance customers.
- Managed a team located in the client's company that included multiple developers, quality assurance, and advanced customer support professionals.
- Handled the analysis and development of bank payment systems, statement consolidation, and global product data synchronization.
- Applied Scrum methodology, participated in sprint scope definition meetings, and estimated and developed solutions based on functional requirements.
- Worked in the investigation of a library configuration problem that was going on for six months. After some weeks of exploring documentation, we assembled the correct configuration, and the application went to production without errors.
Fesc Gestão e Consultoria
- Stabilized the employees' health plan portal and fixed bugs and infrastructure problems.
- Redesigned all software and database access entities to enhance performance and scalability.
- Launched a new version of the software with the most recent libraries and versions of JavaServer Faces (JSF) and Hibernate.
- Improved the clients' relationship, planned all the new features, and scheduled the release dates.
Software Engineer Intern
Fesc Gestão e Consultoria
- Developed reports and user interfaces and fixed software bugs in a health plan management tool.
- Took part in the analysis of new features for the software.
- Participated in meetings with the product owner and health plan managers.
- Worked as a researcher in the semantic search area, supporting master's degree students.
- Developed a semantic search for a repository of learning objects.
- Participated in scientific events as a lecturer and published an article about my research.
Healthcare Software Development
Managed the development project of a health plan software that took more than 10,000 hours.
The software is in production and has been used and improved for more than four years.
Health Plan CRM Software
Defined requirements and managed the development of the CRM software of a health plan company.
It is integrated with the company's call center and generates several reports. It was also built to handle multiple clients in the same instance using a multi-tenant architecture.
BI for Health Plan Management
Defined requirements with the end-users and managed a project with multiple Power BI dashboards.
BI dashboards were delivered and ran a couple of months in production. Then, we needed to correct some metrics and add new ones.
ERP to App Integration
Created a new UI to manage internal items and prices and integration between the new software and the App. Managed vendor demands and internal expectations such as scope and timelines.
• Organized internal communications and deadlines.
• Set expectations with the vendor about deadlines and scope changes.
• Managed scope internally.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Project Management
Fundação Getúlio Vargas - Florianópolis, SC, Brazil
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Santa Catarina State University - Joinville, SC, Brazil
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring