Verified Expert in Project Management
Technical Project Manager
Andrew is a high-performing technologist and technical project manager with a track record working on cybersecurity, digital agency, data science, mobile, digital, software programs, and projects with a budget of up to $32 million. He has worked in 13 countries and ten industry verticals like data science, software development, MedTech, retail tech, fintech, startups, and not-for-profit.
Delivery and Security Team Lead
- Led digital workplace programs and projects in end-user computing (EUC), workplace collaboration, and cybersecurity.
- Managed agile governance to drive greater delivery predictability and tracking value drops.
- Collaborated with other teams from Cyber Protective Team, Defensive Security Team, and Cyber Vulnerability Team to develop and implement secure architectures for systems and applications.
- Established baseline agile teams and operating models to prepare for agile—the team scaled up to 70 members.
Senior Delivery Manager | Software Development
- Worked on complex telecommunications activation and provisioning systems in large-scale agile transformation and delivery.
- Uplifted agile teams to scale faster and optimized scaling to build capacity to work on complex, innovative projects.
- Maintained a security governance framework. My specific roles included updating security metrics and reporting mechanisms and fostering a culture of security across the software delivery teams.
- Led in delivering technical program management outcomes from idea to launching programs resulting in three clients' engagement.
Head of Delivery | Software Development
- Led four scrum teams of 30 people to build unstructured and natural language processing software applications.
- Spearheaded the development of an offshore scrum team of 15 people to accelerate software and product development activities, resulting in additional 50 development story points and accelerating development time by 50%.
- Conducted security assessments and reviews of systems and applications. The specific roles that I performed included leading a team to identify potential vulnerabilities, weaknesses, and non-compliance with security policies and standards.
- Directed the frequent releases initiative through continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) in Melbourne and Saigon, resulting in 80% higher testing and deployment automation capabilities.
Software Project Manager
- Managed Agile SDLC from architecture, design, development, and implementation of cancer diagnostic medical device consisting of software embedded platform and patient services management.
- Directed the transformation of Waterfall to Agile team strategy, process, and software development tools, resulting in a new way of working with Agile.
- Led a highly complex end-to-end software engineering process in medical technology development and design in accordance with IEC 62304 software development and FDA 820.30 design control.
Senior Program Leader
Micro Insurance Company (MIC)
- Led the creation of MVPs for scaling mobile insurance.
- Headed the strategic partnership and product development with telecommunications companies and insurers.
- Spearheaded mobile requirements gathering, developed traceability matrices, facilitated workshop facilitation, and conducted process analysis skills, resulting in a business case and implementing and executing the plan in three countries.
Corporate Development Program Manager
- Collaborated with leadership teams to socialize the digital roadmap and functionality enhancements to get their buy-in and facilitate change management. Succeeded in getting senior management's buy-in toward the digital financial services strategic pillar.
- Facilitated a mobile financial services user experience workshop over a 1.5-year period, which included user testing, interaction designing and prototyping, and completing detailed functional specifications.
- Ran lean and agile project delivery and deployment of mobile and digital financial services as a product owner.
- Developed product strategy and pricing models through IT market research for IT and IT services companies.
- Ran competitive intelligence and revenue/cost benchmarking.
- Managed client engagements across industries that included IBM, HP, Dell, Petronas, Microsoft, and the government of Singapore.
Scaling Mobile Insurance Platform Across Three Countries
Directed a mobile financial services delivery plan in three countries in Asia, resulting in the scaling of more than one million customers within 1.5 years.
Succeeded in developing the minimum viable product (MVP) within six months and led a team of seven members to work on design thinking and continuous delivery.
Machine Learning App for R&D
Launched an unstructured and natural language processing software application, resulting in two new products launched in nine months.
Led the four scrum teams of 30 people and upscaled the product marketing team through Nexus Scrum, resulting in a 25% reduction in rework due to higher cross-department visibility and collaboration in building new product capabilities.
Directed the Frequent Releases initiative through continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) in Melbourne and Saigon, resulting in 80% higher testing and deployment automation capabilities.
Managed a large-scale business architecture and transformation program for shipping products out to the marketplace through increased back-end infrastructure, software development, and go-to-market capabilities, resulting in a 25% quicker time-to-market.
Five Times Faster Product Discovery and Development for An Enterprise App
Directed the transformation of Waterfall to Agile team strategy, process, and software development tool, resulting in five times faster product discovery and development.
Managed the discovery phase for identifying and implementing approaches to increase customer utilization of digital channels and services, resulting in the future adoption of roadmap across all product lines.
Led the design and optimization of user journeys through design sprint and thinking, resulting in a deeper understanding of conversion rate for online and offline engagement and online forms to support new customers acquisition targets.
Secure Design and Build
Solid project management of security design and implementation for IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
My leadership extended to a larger team engaged in Microsoft Copilot AI security, where I strategically coordinated diverse expertise, fostering collaboration, open communication, and seamless integration of SecOps principles. I managed the complexities of machine learning algorithms and threat modeling and ensured a robust defense against evolving cybersecurity threats.
In the dynamic field of security project team management, I am adaptable. From small-scale IdAM precision to the multifaceted challenges of a larger AI security implementation, incorporating SecOps, I played a crucial role in fortifying organizations against the ever-evolving cybersecurity landscape.
Immersive Data Science Bootcamp in Data Science
Flatiron School - New York City, New York, USA
Executive Program in Stanford Advanced Project Management Program
Stanford University - Palo Alto, California, USA
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Economics, Lean Thinking, and Operation
Cardiff University - Cardiff, Wales, UK
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Certified in Cybersecurity
Disciplined Agile Senior Scrum Master
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Certified Team Coach (CTC)
Storytelling for Influence
Certified Release Train Engineer (RTE)
Certified Scrum Master
Certified Agile Practitioner
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Product and Service Design
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring