Agile Program Manager2019 - 2020Tidepool
- Hired to transform Tidepool’s startup-style development processes to scale with the needs of their growing global development team.
- Successfully led the organization through an Agile transformation allowing teams to deliver work more effectively and with greater visibility to the wider organization.
- Managed all stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming meetings, and development schedules.
- Executed a smooth transition from Trello to Jira with no downtime to the organization. Customized multiple Jira workflows, set up projects, and trained the organization on how to use Jira.
Software Project Manager2013 - 2019Broadbean
- Managed the successful transition to agile for the US development teams. Transitioned the US and UK offices from Trac to Jira and Jira Service Desk for ticket management.
- Led effective Scrum frameworks, responsible for daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint retrospectives.
- Continually maintained project transparency to all stakeholders—including engineering, marketing, executive, and clients.
- Mentored junior team members in project management skills and processes.
Beta Project Manager2012 - 2013Muve Music
- Directed beta programs for new products. Implemented and launched the first external beta program, including recruiting testers, creating surveys, moderating forums, gathering bugs and other feedback, and communicating with beta testers.
- Analyzed the beta program results in team meetings and shared data with colleagues in engineering. Managed internal defect priority and release process.
- Managed the organization’s Jira instances. Customized Jira defect tracking workflow, priorities, notification schemes, and dashboards to improve current practices and streamline processes for multiple clients.
Program Manager2010 - 2011Beyond Oblivion
- Directed alpha and beta programs for new products. Designed, implemented, and managed the company’s alpha and beta programs including moderating forums, creating surveys, and gathering bugs and other feedback.
- Authored defect-tracking requirements document established defect-tracking partner security requirements, and created a defect-tracking workflow—obtaining buy-in from cross-functional teams.
- Provided teams with improved insight into bug status by instituting standardized milestones.
Engineering Program Manager2001 - 2010TiVo
- Managed and delivered four of the six top priority engineering projects for 2006; including, the successful launch of the first high-definition (HD) DVR to market and the company’s first dual tuner with HD, both on-schedule and within budget.
- Oversaw the launch of software that enabled the company to secure a profitable contract with a key business partner.
- Engineered major improvements and maintained the internal website with more than 1,500 pages, improving ease of access to data for internal customers and implementing an architecture for future enhancements.