Verified Expert in Project Management
Janet is a seasoned Jira admin and Agile program manager who thrives on bringing order to chaos. She specializes in software, web and mobile project management, Agile/Scrum, the software development lifecycle (SDLC), Jira administration, management of cross-functional teams, and more. Janet has a demonstrated history of consistently delivering projects within established deadlines and acting as a servant leader to ensure that teams are successful.
Agile Program Manager
- Hired to transform Tidepool’s startup-style development processes to scale with the needs of their growing global development team.
- Successfully led the organization through an Agile transformation allowing teams to deliver work more effectively and with greater visibility to the wider organization.
- Managed all stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming meetings, and development schedules.
- Executed a smooth transition from Trello to Jira with no downtime to the organization. Customized multiple Jira workflows, set up projects, and trained the organization on how to use Jira.
Software Project Manager
- Managed the successful transition to agile for the US development teams. Transitioned the US and UK offices from Trac to Jira and Jira Service Desk for ticket management.
- Led effective Scrum frameworks, responsible for daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, and sprint retrospectives.
- Continually maintained project transparency to all stakeholders—including engineering, marketing, executive, and clients.
- Mentored junior team members in project management skills and processes.
Beta Project Manager
- Directed beta programs for new products. Implemented and launched the first external beta program, including recruiting testers, creating surveys, moderating forums, gathering bugs and other feedback, and communicating with beta testers.
- Analyzed the beta program results in team meetings and shared data with colleagues in engineering. Managed internal defect priority and release process.
- Managed the organization’s Jira instances. Customized Jira defect tracking workflow, priorities, notification schemes, and dashboards to improve current practices and streamline processes for multiple clients.
- Directed alpha and beta programs for new products. Designed, implemented, and managed the company’s alpha and beta programs including moderating forums, creating surveys, and gathering bugs and other feedback.
- Authored defect-tracking requirements document established defect-tracking partner security requirements, and created a defect-tracking workflow—obtaining buy-in from cross-functional teams.
- Provided teams with improved insight into bug status by instituting standardized milestones.
Engineering Program Manager
- Managed and delivered four of the six top priority engineering projects for 2006; including, the successful launch of the first high-definition (HD) DVR to market and the company’s first dual tuner with HD, both on-schedule and within budget.
- Oversaw the launch of software that enabled the company to secure a profitable contract with a key business partner.
- Engineered major improvements and maintained the internal website with more than 1,500 pages, improving ease of access to data for internal customers and implementing an architecture for future enhancements.
TiVo DIRECTV HD Dual Tuner DVR
Launched the first HD dual tuner TiVo DVR in partnership with DIRECTV.
Transition of the Development Team into Using Agile and Scrum
Successfully moved the development teams to using Scrum which improved their productivity.
Cross-functional teams had greater visibility into their progress and hand-offs between teams became seamless.
Jira Migration from Trello
Executed a smooth transition from Trello to Jira with no downtime to the organization.
Bachelor's Degree in International Studies
Texas A&M University - College Station, TX, United States
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring