Verified Expert in Engineering
Augmented Reality (AR) Developer
Patrick is a Unity developer with six years of experience in the engine. Over those six years, he has gained extensive knowledge of the various systems within Unity including Mechanism (Animator), physics, particles, and third-party integration. On top of these systems, Patrick has a good understanding of how the editor/engine itself works and has developed engine tools to allow for better and more seamless development.
The most amazing...
...project that I've worked on was a virtual reality application for cognitive therapy.
- Contributed to porting an existing Unity title to the PlayStation 4 and to the Nintendo Switch.
- Collaborated on implementation of virtual reality into an existing Unreal Project.
- Evaluated project viability for future work.
Southern New Hampshire University
- Taught Introduction to Game Engines, Introduction to Programming, Virtual & Augmented Reality special topic, and a portfolio class.
- Mentored students in a one-on-one environment to strengthen concepts.
- Created homework and project assignments.
- Worked with students to better understand their needs and desires for a specific class.
Owner & Lead Unity Developer
Fancy Bear Games
- Served as the lead programmer on flagship title Schlocks.
- Designed and developed over 70 mini-games using a variety of different mechanics.
- Developed a meta-game for controlling the flow of the application.
Unity Virtual Reality Developer
- Contributed to development of an active Virtual Reality application for cognitive therapy.
- Helped develop an environment for a relaxed Virtual Reality cognitive therapy application.
- Fixed and updated existing mechanics to fit current application.
- Rapid prototyped mechanics to test viability for consumers of the application.
Unity Augmented Reality Developer
- Ported an existing title in virtual reality to new mobile processors as well as an existing title in augmented reality to new wearable devices.
- Contributed to development of a new title in augmented reality using ARKit.
- Created an automated tutorial that requires no user input.
- Created gesture input for a wearable augmented reality application.
CD Business Group
- Developed an augmented reality application to create and move digital equipment in physical spaces.
- Developed an augmented reality application to see digital signage in on physical walls.
- Supported the development of an automated industrial production line simulation.
- Contributed to the development of an application to aide in the placement organization of equipment.
Robot Loves Kitty
- Developed online multiplayer combat, an enemy artificial intelligence system, and an inventory system.
- Integrated Steam and Twitch API.
- Worked with MySQL database for persistence of items, enemies, and players.
Client Support Engineer
- Maintained and updated current clients' websites.
- Developed new websites for new clients.
- Quality assured a large corporate intranet site.
- Talked with clients about expectations and timeline.
Schlocks, your favorite mini-games department store, understands you, the consumer. Every game at Schlocks is a whopping 10 seconds to try our product(s), and experience what everyone's been talking about! Hop in, test a product in one of our patented Microscopic Games™, and then be suddenly whisked away to a new one; it's an adventure unlike any other you've experienced at a department store! We're so sure you'll love shopping with us, that we can promise a consideration of the suggestion of a money back guarantee, or else! That's the Schlocks-brand Commitment™ that you can count on.
Narcosis (PS4 Port)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y2GHOoQZK4
Unity3D, Unity, Unreal Engine, ARKit
Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Agile Software Development
Microsoft Visual Studio
Game Design, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR), Twitch, HTC Vive, Virtual Reality ToolKit (VRTK), Wearables
Twitch API, Steam Integration
WordPress, Tango, Steam, Oculus Rift, PlayStation, Google Daydream, ARCore
Master's Degree in Computer Science
Georgia Institute of Technology - Atlanta, Georgia
Bachelor's Degree in Game Design and Development
Southern New Hampshire University - Hooksett, New Hampshire
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring