Verified Expert in Design
Arnav is a multidisciplinary designer specializing in creating digital experiences of the future. He has guided companies worldwide to shape innovative ideas from concept to outcome for millions of customers in enterprise and consumer domains. At Microsoft, he redesigned Outlook, aligned the ecosystem and Microsoft-fluent web language, conducted usability tests, and launched new features to a user base of 70 million. Arnav excels at leading projects, teams, and overseeing every aspect of design.
- Collaborated with a lean product team and helped set up the UX foundations for the product ecosystem as the second product designer on the team.
- Built and evolved the Qatalog design system that enabled designers on the team to work even faster.
- Resolved the UX for workflows and goals sub-products within the Qatalog ecosystem.
- Ensured tight collaboration and shipping quality with engineering through setting up QA processes with the team.
- Conducted and analyzed product design through in-person and asynchronous user testing methodologies. Iterated insights to ensure customer feedback got distributed routinely into our design process.
- Built and shipped foundational product experiences and product UX to the first 600 users on the platform.
- Redesigned Outlook on the mobile web, aligned with the Outlook ecosystem and Microsoft-fluent web language, conducted usability tests, and launched new features by understanding customer pain points on a user base of 70 million.
- Drove thinking towards an ideal vision for what the product can be by pitching ideas to stakeholders and getting buy-in for building features on well-researched insights.
- Led the effort to unify the Outlook mobile web design system to help other designers on the team establish consistency in patterns and components for quicker handoff and concept ideation.
- Helped ideate and develop branded showcases to communicate, conceptualize design efforts for new initiatives like Outlook for KaiOS, and celebrated the work that our team was doing over the quarters.
Co-founder and Principal Designer
- Led the overall product design, branding, print, and digital marketing initiatives.
- Managed design and development with external contractors and shipped v1.0 of the product to be tested with initial beta testers.
- Collaborated with multiple stakeholders and conducted extensive market research around target users and business models to understand user needs and inform the design accordingly.
- Conceptualized and designed infographics for print media detailing organizational workflows and performance exhibits of the United Religions Initiative (uri.org).
- Worked across multiple time zones to make sure deliverables were handed over on time and on budget.
- Leveled up the entire design language of the infographics and data visualization from the previous year's annual report, leading to better impressions and retained relationships for the client.
User Experience Design Intern
- Accomplished Google's launch of my feature's work nine months after the release of the product.
- Built a framework around the concept of theme-based wrappers that users can attach with payments that can be scaled to any context within the app.
- Prototyped extensively to communicate design intent to engineers on the team to get early implementation feedback.
- Collaborated with the founding team to scope out the MVP and delivered engineering-ready designs within three weeks.
- Translated abstract requirements and conceptualized the entire user experience of a dashboard for managers at Atchayam Food Box outlets across the country.
- Conducted extremely lean research to understand the pain points of intended personas in an ecosystem of self-service kiosk interfaces.
- Worked on a range of disciplines like graphic, information, UX, and sound design.
- Managed the music production division of FOLO.
- Created visual identities for brands, designed multi-platform user experiences for products, applications, and services.
Master of Design Degree in New Media Design
National Institute of Design - Ahmedabad, India
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
National institute of Technology - Jamshedpur, India