Verified Expert in Design
Dedicated to meaningful design and improving lives, Becky is an experienced designer with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and service industry. She's skilled in UX, UI, product design, graphic design, conceptual thinking, marketing, identity, and branding. Becky has degrees in psychology and design and has worked with international clients such as Nike, Uber, Coca-Cola, Mars, Reebok, and Disney.
Star Wars Solo Card Collection App
Ride Cycling App | Concept
Founder | Freelance Designer
Becky Martin Design
- Founded and ran a freelance design business specializing in design consultation.
- Ran workshops and facilitated Google design sprints.
- Designed a web app for the world's largest pharmaceutical company enabling chemists and salespeople to communicate efficiently and create more ecologically friendly chemical products.
- Designed salespeople's marketing and animation materials for Uber during their rebranding.
- Designed a magazine for an agile consultation firm in Amsterdam—telling a story about their work and core values while displaying their workshops and training sessions on offer.
- Designed solutions to improve the web experience for adidas.com visitors, working as part of the category experience team.
- Collaborated with PMs and POs to deliver the strategy for the future of running vision on the eCommerce platforms.
- Worked within the design system to design new components and tokens to be implemented on the .com site.
- Partnered with the user research team to refine research and design and implement design solutions for user challenges such as wayfinding and product information hierarchy.
Senior Digital Designer
- Worked as a concept and visual designer for WeTransfer’s unique and award-winning advertising space, collaborating with a team of talented designers and developers to create beautiful, non-distracting ad campaigns.
- Created ads ranging from static and video to highly interactive customer builds, resulting in greater storytelling and, therefore, higher click-through and engagement rates.
- Designed a web app to enable WeTransfer clients to create their advertising in a simple modular ad creation app. This work included UX flows, user interviews, flows, stories, and visual design.
- Worked within the showcase team—a fantastic multidisciplinary scrum team— where we concepted, designed, and prototyped features that empowered customer-facing teams and partners to showcase Backbase's banking-as-a-service capabilities.
- Worked across various fintech features on the app and web platforms, utilizing user insights and research to design solutions for retail banking, business banking, and employee dashboards.
- Conceptualized and designed future-focused banking features such as gifting, in-app credit cards, personal and home loan applications, and real-time communication for customer service and support.
- Collaborated with other product development teams within Backbase to elevate their designs to fit within the showcase look and feel.
- Mentored and led junior designers in the team and participated in the design community within Backbase.
- Concepted, mocked up, and designed numerous advertising campaigns that ran live on the WeTransfer platform.
- Worked on campaigns ranging from static and video to animated and interactive.
- Collaborated with a team of other talented designers and developers to create the best possible experiences for WeTransfer users.
Hogeschool van Amsterdam
- Taught the course, Designing for Purpose to third-year university design students.
- Taught the course, Visual and Interaction Design to third-year university design students.
- Mentored and guided design students through their studies.
Visual Designer | Animator
- Created marketing and brand communications for campaigns for EMEA regions.
- Made graphic design assets for the rollout of Uber's new branding.
- Created animation and video assets for the rollout of Uber's new branding, working with provided style guides.
- Led a team of eight in designing and delivering digital solutions for the instant loyalty programs, working in collaboration with the brand loyalty team.
- Conceptualized and designed the UX and visuals for a farm-building game that was successfully sold and delivered in over 20 countries and achieved nearly 1 million players.
- Spoke at knowledge-sharing sessions, meetups, and conferences on the topic of designing for play, emotion, and ethics.
- Facilitated workshops for concept brainstorms and design thinking.
- Designed the marketing materials, corporate blog, white papers, and corporate style guide for virtual affairs.
- Strategized and designed the user experience and visuals for multi-device insurance, investment, and banking platforms.
- Designed pitch decks for client proposals, sourced visuals, and created infographics and data visualization.
- Designed the federation and club fanwear collections.
- Collaborated with a team to design the federation team football kits, presentations, and brand material.
- Designed and branded the athlete journey apparel collections.
- Managed seasonal projects and planned product lines.
- Developed 3D modeling and animation best practices.
- Researched and implemented trends, color, and innovation.
- Gathered athlete and consumer insights and feedback.
- Visited and worked with product creation centers in Asia and Europe.
Graphic Design and Marketing
- Designed exhibition branding, advertisements, catalogs, and exhibition environments (wayfinding, labels).
- Created marketing materials and controlled gallery marketing.
- Maintained the gallery’s website.
Master's Degree in Master of Arts in Ethics
Dublin City University - Dublin (Remote from Amsterdam)
Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology and Communication
Massey University - Palmerston North, New Zealand
Bachelor of Design Degree in Graphic Design and Visual Communication
Unitec New Zealand - Auckland, New Zealand
Spent an Exchange Year in Graphic Design for Marketing
Kwantlen University College - Vancouver, Canada
Certified Product Owner
Certified Scrum Master
Design Sprint Master
Design Sprint Academy