Verified Expert in Design
Charles is a brand consultant with a decade of industry experience in business strategy, graphic design, branding, animation, and digital marketing. His education in psychology has shaped his approach to branding, which is guided by evidence-based thinking and an effective, proven process. Charles runs brand strategy workshops that help businesses define their brand identity and goals and make up the foundation of the designs to follow.
Global Appropriateness Measures (GAM)
Founder | Lead Designer
- Gained experience working with a range of tech startups, helping them to define and produce their brand identity to stand out in the market. This involved branding workshops, web design, web development, UX/UI, illustration, and animation.
- Worked for Miri marketing, specifically producing a brand design, report dashboard UI design, animated adverts for social media, business cards, web design, and development.
- Refreshed the brand and provided a new website architecture and design for Mercury1, a software development company. Managed the project from the brand workshop through to website design and execution.
- Created social media animations, animated brand reveal videos, teaser content for various channels, and conceptual design work for the client, UCL.
- Crafted a full website redesign to improve user retention, conversions, and build credibility for a software comparison site called Expert Insight. I implemented the full rebrand beginning with a brand strategy workshop.
- Managed a variety of both employees and freelancers, including social media managers, SEO specialists, illustrators, and developers.
Global Appropriateness Measures
- Facilitated a brand strategy workshop that clarified the client's mission, brand characteristics, market positioning, personas, competitor analysis, and website strategy.
- Designed a refreshed website that positioned GAM as a credible and trustworthy source of healthcare data.
- Redesigned GAM's healthcare metric dashboard to be intuitive to use and in line with the new brand identity. The result was a dashboard that is modern and helpful.
- Worked in a wide variety of digital design work, including branding, web design, UI and UX, and animation.
- Utilized existing skills as an account manager to effectively communicate design work and concepts to clients.
- Led and generated branding work for S3 Connected Health. This job included brand identity design, web design, web animations, and an explainer video. It also included leading the project and running workshops with new clients.
- Managed clients and was the first point of contact for many clients due to my presentation and management skills.
- Worked on a variety of branding exploration projects for a diverse range of clients.
Creative Account Manager
- Spearheaded creative digital advertising campaigns for clients such as News UK and TalkTalk.
- Developed effective client management and presentation skills and led a team of executive-level designers and marketers.
- Learned how creative efforts can affect campaign performance.
- Developed design principles by working with a team of talented graphic designers.
Certificate in Webflow Web Development
Webflow Masterclass - London, UK
Design Excellence Qualification in Graphic Design
Shillington College - London, UK
Dual Honours Degree in Psychology and Marketing
Oxford Brookes University - Oxford, UK
Graphic Design Certification
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring