Dan Emil Balan
Verified Expert in Design
With over ten years of experience in UI/UX design, interaction, and micro-interaction, Dan has developed unique approaches to versatile projects from different industries, like financial, healthcare, social, fitness, and entertainment. He has had the pleasure of working with a variety of organizations, including Deutsche Bank, Orange, Misys, TotalSoft, and more. Dan eagerly follows the mantra: "Form follows function."
Senior Mobile Product Designer
NortonLifeLock (formerly Avira)
- Formed an entire security ecosystem by putting a set of apps under one umbrella.
- Built an entire style guide based on the brand guidelines.
- Created new features for the security ecosystem, like automation that helps the user create different procedures. It also allowed the user to increase the performance of their mobile phone during a time or task they have designated.
Visual and UI Designer for a Blockchain Startup
Riddec Estonia OU
- Built and took care of the entire design system based on the requirements.
- Devised a new way to visualize telemetry on the crypto app.
- Created different features that will help users see and understand how to use the crypto app.
Senior User Experience Designer
- Designed the full UI and UX of the Innovation team.
- Contributed to different projects that set trends for the company and the competition.
- Created a new software to redact all the financial documents in a smart way.
Senior User Experience Designer
- Created an entire design system fully integrated with all the internal applications developed by Deutsche Bank. It was my biggest challenge and accomplishment to work for this company.
- Analyzed the differences between multiple applications and developed the entire library of components with different cases and scenarios.
- Mentored the entire front-end team about problems they may encounter when implementing the entire list of components, as well as their possible solutions.
- Developed a complete strategy on how to use the new library and how to solve different problems a regular user might encounter using the applications.
Lead UX Designer
- Coordinated a team of four UI/UX designers. Guided them and assisted them in their work process with the stakeholders.
- Built the UI and UX of the Charisma suite (ERP), including all satellite applications. This included Charisma Medical Software and customer applications that work with Charisma (ERP/HCM).
- Developed different strategies, techniques, and solutions to bring the platform to a much more modern design. This resulted in resolving problems that actual users encounter when using the applications day by day.
- Worked on a project called Redraw, a service similar to Photoshop online.
- Designed the application to be as simple as possible, so people with little to no technical or artistic knowledge could use it with ease.
- Worked closely with the business owner and integrated almost all the ideas that he had.
Kalon Global Group
- Spearheaded and was solely responsible for all existing UI work.
- Designed different web and mobile applications for a wide variety of clients.
- Worked on the McDonald's mobile app and was involved from the presentation stage to delivering B to C.
User Experience Designer
- Combined six large CMS applications to form one single platform.
- Redesigned all of the UI and UX to improve user experience.
- Spearheaded the design of their design system with a wide variety of components.
Lead Visual Designer
- Created a new visual style guide and worked on the redesign of the Misys products and applications.
- Designed the UI of their new products, like SUMMIT, Open Platform, and Fusion Store.
- Identified patterns between applications and applied them to all of the Misys core products. This effort elevated them to a common and standard line.
- Designed and developed the Orange Romania intranet and created the visual identity and e-campaigns for all internal projects addressed to our colleagues.
- Planned and contributed to critical projects, including internal communication and the rebranding campaign: "Today changes with Orange."
- Pioneered all the design work on the company's mobile and web platforms.