Dhilan Kumar Patel
Verified Expert in Design
Dhilan is helping brands and products tell their stories over the last 10 years, He has worked on various industries and products over the course of his professional journey, starting from startups to enterprise, commerce, design tools, platforms, and cloud. Dhilan loves to solve problems in a user-centered approach and drive design culture. He has a master's degree in interaction design and information structuring and visualization and is a computer science engineering graduate.
Microsoft Bing Webmaster Tools
Asset Extraction in Adobe XD
Principal Experience Designer
- Managed the design of the industry cloud with manufacturing.
- Led the team of three designers, mentoring and helping them achieve more.
- Collaborated with leadership to understand the pipeline and vision to align the experience.
Lead UI/UX Designer
- Worked on a data-heavy application to simplify and align it to the information design guidelines by reducing cognitive load and providing the user with a sensible data presentation with visualizations.
- Contributed to creating a design system to bring consistency and make the tool modern and fast in terms of experience, navigation, and interaction improvements.
- Created a set of report templates to keep the experience consistent for the user and the business needs and make it scalable across all verticals.
- Designed the wireframe, components, and high-fidelity mocks in Figma.
Senior Experience Designer
- Joined the Azure Commerce and Ecosystems (C+E) team that helps businesses of all sizes fuel their growth by offering platform, cloud services, and tools to enable commerce across 240 markets.
- Led the product design and research of the enterprise commerce business that enables Microsoft's customers, partners, and global sales teams to acquire and manage Microsoft products.
- Envisioned and shaped the next-generation Bing Webmaster Tool at Microsoft, focusing on research and case studies on AI and ML.
- Helped webmasters and SEO specialists improve their website's presence on Bing search, building capabilities that provide insights and tools for superfast indexing, page traffic analysis, and SEO reports.
- Designed and delivered major product features to shape the next generation of design and prototyping tools at Adobe. Worked on Adobe XD as an experience designer.
- Worked closely with product management and engineering to analyze our usage pattern and help define our roadmaps. My major focus continues to be on modernizing Dreamweaver CC for web designers, developers, and students.
- Supported the Brackets open-source community and project while at the same team modernizing the code editor with Brackets as the new base. Brackets.io is an open-source project at Adobe.
- Designed new products for various brands to meet people’s evolving digital lifestyles. Some of the brands I worked with include MasterCard, Harley-Davidson, Coca-Cola, Wegmans, Sun International, G6 Hospitality, Jeep, and MD Anderson.
- Collaborated with PMs to understand the concept and work on the initial ideas.
- Pitched the design to stakeholders in collaboration with business analysts and product owners.
- Ensured cross-browser compatibility by writing W3C validated XHTML and using BrowserCam. Utilized float and position properties to align elements in the web page. Embedded Flash Shockwave files that need to be nested in the HTML application.
- Designed and created a layout for their quiz application presented on the Facebook website. Worked with PHP developers to integrate XHTML and PHP coding. Utilized Adobe Photoshop, Fireworks, and Illustrator for creating images.
Web Designer and Application Developer
L2S Training and HR Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Built and edited HTML pages and proofread articles ready to be published. Utilized the Convio CMS. Provided technical support for internal organization members on how to use the application.
- Created HTML pages and designed and delivered emails, which are daily and weekly promotional e-newsletters. My duties involved adding and updating English and Spanish content on HTML pages.
- Designed banners and updated images on the website using Adobe Photoshop and ImageReady. Used Dreamweaver for creating HTML pages as required.
Master's Degree in Interaction Design
IDC School of Design - Mumbai, India
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Biju Patnaik University of Technology - Rourkela, India
Accessibility in Action
Learning Data Science: Tell Stories with Data
Scrum Master Certified
Microsoft Certified Professional
Human Computer Interaction
Master of Interaction Design
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring