Verified Expert in Design
A visual designer, Lucía has spent the last ten years working with companies and museums like IKEA, LEGO, Munch Museum, and the Museum of the Future, helping them build experiences for their customers. She is a keen problem solver and can deliver visual guidelines, exhibition artwork, event design, interface design, illustrations, and animations. Lucía loves challenging herself to find a unique voice for each project and developing it further through innovative yet simple visual communication.
Animated Universe for IKEA of Sweden
Exhibition Design Concept for the Design Museum Denmark
Graphic Identity for a Visitor Center
Illustrations for a Healthcare Company
Design Consultant (Freelance)
- Designed a digital campaign for a private learning institution, which significantly increased the number of students enrolled.
- Created an animated presentation deck for an innovation hub project, which attracted the interest of multiple collaborators. As a result, the project is now in the process of coming to fruition.
- Designed an Apple Watch game for kids, which attracted the interest of several investors.
ECONWARD TECH LLC
- Designed and implemented a visually compelling infographic to communicate a sophisticated waste management model, transforming a complex process into an easily understandable and aesthetically pleasing presentation.
- Integrated technical insights from the director of operations and sales perspectives to create a cohesive infographic that communicated the environmental advantages and addressed the concerns and needs of key stakeholders.
- Leveraged the infographic as a catalyst for elevating the brand's communication style, establishing a visually engaging and cohesive illustration style that resonates with the modern and environmentally conscious ethos.
Invygo Tech FZ-LLC
- Developed and implemented a creative and innovative design illustration concept for presentation backgrounds based on the client's visual identity, while introducing a new layer of symbolism.
- Crafted visually compelling illustrations that strategically conveyed the narrative outlined by the client.
- Produced tailor-made infographics that not only adhered to the client's requirements but also added a unique and impactful visual dimension to the presentation.
- Received high praise and positive feedback from the client for the delivered design work.
- Refined the pre-existing brand identity by adding innovative motion principles to communicate the brand values in advertising.
- Created multiple concepts aligned with the new brand identity to infuse deeper meaning into visual assets.
- Developed a comprehensive digital campaign featuring over 60 assets across five distinct channels, including social media and various TV platforms.
- Worked with IKEA and LEGO. Delivered visual concepts for various interactive and physical experiences under tight deadlines.
- Designed a graphic identity for DI Topmødet, an international business event that gathers critical actors in the Danish industry. After a positive process and results, the same project was commissioned by the agency again for three years in a row.
- Won an international competition to work with Munch Museum in Oslo. The exhibition got positive reviews from the international media as well as enthusiastic comments from visitors from around the world.
- Developed more than 30 unique character animations for the new Museum of the Future in Dubai. For the same project, I designed 120 animated mandalas, the essence of an interactive installation about the senses.
- Designed illustrations for a permanent exhibition of the largest aquarium in Northern Europe, the National Aquarium Denmark (Den Blå Planet), becoming our regular client since then.
- Designed an interactive installation for Ørsted, the largest energy company in Denmark. It consisted of projections on a wall that, when triggered by motion sensors, would show an entire cycle of resources until they become heat and electricity.
- Won an open competition to develop a visual identity for FiSK, a national research and communication project around fish. It would, later on, become a project for two years. This project changed the way Danish children perceive fish in their diet.
Digital Experience Designer
- Worked for Novo Nordisk, fine-tuning the design production of three interactive digital experiences at the EASD Annual Meeting, one of the largest scientific congresses in Europe.
- Designed a social media app for Merial, a US-based animal health company.
- Became part of a core internal design team, helping out in the company's new graphic identity process.
- Designed several social media pieces that were effectively shared by thousands of users, starting conversations about different environmental problems.
- Created content for a monthly subscriber's magazine, bringing new donors at a time when the organization needed to increase its income rapidly.
- Participated in an urgent campaign that brought back 30 activists retained in a boat in the Arctic.
Graphic Design Intern
IS Creative Studio
- Designed artwork for an annual photography festival, Getxophoto, which gathered the best young photographers in Europe. The festival's identity was a success, and the studio designed it three years in a row.
- Produced a design item called Fantone. Carried along the logistics, contacted manufacturers in China, and designed the packaging.
- Developed the visual production of Caravana, a restaurant chain in Lima, Peru.
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Fine Arts
Complutense University of Madrid - Madrid, Spain
Exchange Program in Design
School of Arts, Design, and Architecture | Aalto University - Helsinki, Finland
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring