Verified Expert in Design
Mauricio is a lead designer, art director, and 3D artist based in Barcelona. With 10+ years of experience, he's collaborated with some of the best design and advertising companies, including JWT, Huge inc., Fjord, and YML, and helped clients like Coca-Cola, Forbes, Fiat, and Colgate achieve their potential through design, motion, and interaction. Mauricio's been a judge for three years in a row in one of the world's biggest digital award ceremonies and teaches and mentors designers.
- Designed and led the redesign of the company website. We created a full CMS that anyone on the business/marketing team could use as a tool while showcasing an interactive and cutting-edge design to attract talents for the company.
- Led and won a pitch for Champion.com, doing a full redesign of their sales experience while providing a vision for their future social app that integrates social media and eCommerce. The project obtained a 1.5 million contract.
- Helped the company to elevate the motion and prototype capabilities, gave talks, and contributed to all projects when needed.
- Worked with the IGO market, helping organizations such as the World Bank and the United Nations to analyze their data and create impactful storytelling to emote and inform the users about the problems in third-world countries.
- Redesigned the biggest green building certification website, reworking everything from zero to a modern and interactive experience.
- Helped WIPO deliver their new creative notes report to inform all the people who work with creativity around the world about the market situation.
- Collaborated with UNFE to release a campaign driving attention to the LGBTQ+ community on Africa and all that has been done to help them.
- Created a CMS for EBU news so they can create and release their reports themselves.
- Redesigned the biggest online pet store and pet portal from Portugal.
- Worked as the only designer in the project, wearing multiple hats.
- Provided user research, architecture, wireframes, prototypes, illustrations, brand development, product design, and UI.
Senior Visual Designer
- Redesigned a B2B platform for the telecommunications market by defining a new visual language and experience for them. A new direction for UX and best practices were to be implemented next.
- Conducted research on the stakeholders and users for the above B2B platform.
- Defined a new story to tell and sell the product to the market.
- Researched and implemented an Agile methodology for the biggest bank in Spain by delivering metrics and tools to help them change from within and implement new time and money-saving methodologies, making the employees happier.
- Redesigned Worten's eCommerce—Portugal's biggest eCommerce store. Using a web app technology, we enable the client to give power to their users, navigating through the 54 different categories they provide.
- Designed a new application for one of the biggest banks in Spain and Mexico (Sabadell) that aggregates all the customer bank accounts. A large and complex project with more than 200 screens designed, giving the user a lot of functionalities.
Senior Visual Designer
- Contributed to a project for Coca-Cola involving an interactive website with a film (also produced by me) to solve their social media problems. This film showed the entire process of a Coca-Cola drink from harvest to delivery.
- Redesigned Whirpool's KitchenAid eCommerce, blog, and attendance—unifying it all within a single website.
- Built a financial platform for a small fintech company that preferred to teach its users instead of just taking their money. This platform came with learning modules, interactive videos, and many beautiful charts and numbers.
- Redesigned and re-imagined the brand of the biggest insurance company in Peru.
- Redesigned, as part of a team, the biggest bank in Latin America.
JWT Brazil | J. Walter Thompson Brazil
- Worked with Ford, a local e-global client, in developing a full campaign to capture and tell people's stories in an amazing way.
- Designed the website for the global launch of a new Ford Focus model starring the actor Gerard Butler.
- Led the art direction on a television movie that featured various Ford cars. Led the design approach for the corresponding advertising.
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring