Verified Expert in Design
Pete has 14+ years of experience across in-house design, startups, enterprises, and award-winning agencies like Ogilvy. His clients include British Airways, BT, Ford, and Virgin. He is an expert problem solver and creative thinker, skilled in digital strategy, wireframing, UI/UX design, design systems, and prototyping. Pete has transitioned his expertise from the world of big media agencies to the land of novelty fintech products—and his work elevates each client's design maturity and success.
Peak Prosperity: Data-informed Community Website Redesign and Rebrand
British Airways Creative Guardrails
Decision Point Weather Corp
- Conducted a UI and UX audit of an early-stage weather app prototype. Provided 28 improvement data points via Figma comments and presented them as a video recording to the client.
- Identified usability issues and areas where the user experience can be improved by creating alternative design options for the client to review. For example, to refine user onboarding and to add an easy user feedback option.
- Shared a list of UI design issues and improvement suggestions. The objective was to refine the design meticulously, striving for pixel-perfect accuracy to ensure a visually cohesive and precise user interface.
Peak Prosperity LLC
- Redesigned the community website, including its main pages: Home, Article, News Archive, eCommerce, Pricing/Membership, User Account, and Community.
- Conducted user research, including surveys and interviews, with 50 participants to gather UX insights. The results data helped to identify friction points and improvement opportunities for the website.
- Used ChatGPT, AgentGPT, and Copy.ai to write a website summary, create personas, and design CRO landing pages to increase membership sign-up rates.
- Created a sitemap that played a pivotal role in improving the usability and accessibility of the website.
- Identified several redundant steps in the sign-up flow. The new, more straightforward flow reduced friction for users wanting to join.
- Created sets of mobile-first wireframes. Traffic data said that 52% of visitors accessed the website on portable devices.
- Redesigned the brand identity, including the logo, that was signed off on the 1st delivery presentation. Provided a detailed style guide for the team.
- Collaborated with a Vietnam-based developer to build a Bootstrap v5.0-based design system for WordPress. Using Bootstrap allowed us to streamline the delivery process because of the framework that the developers were familiar with.
Lead Product Designer
- Defined the user needs from interviews. Created the system structure and wireframes for three products. Designed a mobile app and two dashboards with interactive prototypes.
- Conducted user interviews and market research, created personas, identified user needs with the JTBD model, and designed journey maps, wireframes, and UI for a B2B2C early wage access platform. The product was launched within six months.
- Reviewed the work of our remote development team of ten engineers via Jira. This included scripted BrowserStack testing.
- Delivered a complete brand strategy and the brand identity guide. Created a design system used across all digital deliverables. Oversaw the work of product and graphic designers delegating via ClickUp.
- Collaborated on creating a set of values and took the role of the company culture guardian. Ran workshops with the team on needs and requirements.
- Co-created a product roadmap. The roadmap was integrated with the customer support, sales, and stakeholder feedback and fed into the ideas bank backlog in Jira.
- Added a file upload function with data mapping, which resulted in faster business onboarding and a pay calendar, which improved user access management for client admins, and Xero API integration, which resulted in exposure to 400,000 prospects.
- Researched the products through user interviews, usability testing, surveys, etc. Removed UX frictions, which reduced the app onboarding time by 30%.
- Created a complete user journey for the mobile app, user portal, and admin portal. In addition, oversaw the integration of the user journey with Mixpanel. Integrated Intercom chats into the mobile app and the website.
- Designed the website with five variants of landing pages for multi-channel referrals. Its unique monthly traffic was 125,000.
- Designed a user dashboard based on the business's regional requirements.
- Introduced the concept of a design system to the organization, which allowed for more consistent-looking delivery.
- Designed a sitemap for a global B2B2C portal solution as part of their concierge services.
- Redefined the visual language for the web application based on the legacy brand guidelines and the new project requirements.
- Designed a system of branded icons, illustrations, and empty-state visuals. Used them to elevate the look and feel throughout the web app.
- Created a set of 32 hero images and photos for the portal. Notably, the visuals needed to consider various clients and demographics.
- Designed an MVP app prototype for the investor presentation. Punk Money won The Pitch 2020 People's Choice award with this prototype.
- Revised and updated the brand identity, including graphics, color, and typography.
- Created a comparative analysis of personal budgeting apps. The report helped to create a better user experience.
- Designed an app that allows users to transfer money in different currencies to almost any country. Created a high-fidelity prototype for user testing.
- Developed a new brand identity for the app, including flat color graphics, layer styles, and typography.
- Conducted user interviews, which delivered insights into desired features and helped address pain points.
- Handed the prototype to an offshore development team by connecting Figma to Zeplin and setting up a design system with components, tokens, color, and text styles.
- Designed a responsive Amazon microsite for the American Express Gold Card campaign.
- Contributed to the UI design of British Airways on your mobile app, BA's first mobile product (cdn.myportfolio.com/de6a3d30db698239bac6e9bf2087337a/1049925a9b4833201e38fc5a.jpg?h=1d907f83f8e564c60480d6bfc1dd0916).
- Designed ads and products for major accounts, including American Express, British Airways (BA), British Gas, and Ford, while working as a long-term freelancer.
- Designed a campaign to raise awareness of the London-Nashville route for BA. Created the "tucked-in" typestyle and designed or oversaw six creative routes and 85 online and offline media units.
- Designed "British Airways Creative Guardrails," including instructions for typography, images, brand elements, displays, social, and international use. Created media templates with exact measures for standard outputs and set typography rules.
- Designed assets for BA's #Lookup campaign. An interactive billboard tells people what flight is coming in and from where. It uses technology to track the aircraft and play a video clip of a child pointing to the plane as it flies overhead.
- Led and supervised work on the following BA campaigns: Nashville, Caribbean, Florida, World Club, and January Sale. As the lead designer on the BA account, my teams included a photo editor and print, digital, and motion graphics designers.
- Designed an interactive page prototype with a parallax effect for the AI in Real Life article (iampetemo.myportfolio.com/ai-in-real-life).
- Designed a UI kit based on new brand guides using the atomic design methods.
- Uploaded the UI kit in Sketch Cloud in order to peer review the system. Once signed off, it became the single source of truth for the design teams within the organization.
- Redesigned the product update service for BT and the EE Business online shops. Implementation of this process saved an average of 15% in resource time.
- Served as a UI owner and a senior designer and ran weekly catch-up meetings with five designers. I reported directly to the head of customer experience.
Designer and Art Director
- Designed hundreds of social media posts for the Virgin Group and Richard Branson, along with editorial illustrations and data visualization.
- Developed the brand identity for a new product, Virgin Podcast.
- Created an email marketing strategy for virgin.com and thevirginway.com, using blog integration and Mailchimp, and created over 200 email campaigns.
- Provided visual support on pitches and presentations for Virgin Strive Challenge, Virgin Unite, Virgin Disruptors, and Virgin StartUp.
Video Director and Producer
Pete and Mo Productions
- Created time-lapse videos for major clients such as Audi, Nissan, and The Guardian.
- Directed and filmed promo videos and documentaries as part of a collaboration with Very Nearly Almost magazine. Featured artists included D*Face, Vhils, Roa, Insa, The London Police, and Space Invader.
- Filmed and edited promo and event summary videos for London StreetFest between 2011 and 2013.
- Collaborated on the production of the Academy Award-nominated film, Exit Through The Gift Shop, directed by Banksy.
- Managed staff who reported to me on sets and in post-production, including photographers, stylists, sound, and editors, while serving as producer and director.
- Designed a new website for BP within a tight deadline and during a difficult position for the brand.
- Delivered set assets and UI guidelines for an offshore development team.
- Participated in the optimization and QA of the new website.
- Developed the website design for Public Health England called Change4Life, delivered in a Scrum framework.
- Created digital campaigns for Western Union. Deliverables included the MPU, leaderboard, and skyscraper banners.
- Designed and updated an education portal for new parents. It included an advice timeline spanning from conception to two years of age, and the website was owned by Johnson & Johnson.
- Designed and developed websites—via ownership and collaboration—for Pantene, Clearasil, Aussie, Head & Shoulders, and Vicks, including the brands' international localizations.
- Introduced the concept of SEO to the company, resulting in the development of an SEO division.
- Created and coded email campaigns for the Head & Shoulders brand.
NAMBA Business Programme in Startup Business Management
Jolt - London, UK, and Tel Aviv, Israel
Access Higher Education Diploma in Design and Animation
Tower Hamlets College - London, UK
Art Foundation Diploma in Art & Design
Maria Curie-Skłodowska University (MCSU) - Lublin, Poland
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Warsaw University - Warsaw, Poland
How to Research and Write Using Generative AI Tools
Responsive Web Design in the Browser
UX Research Methods: Card Sorting
Brand Leadership: Building Brand and Culture
ChatGPT102: Prompt Engineering and Advanced ChatGPT
Software Testing Foundations: Test Techniques
Interaction Design: Dashboards and Visualization
Learning Elementor for WordPress Design
Create a Brand Strategy
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Practical Accessibility for Designers
Using Style Guides to Bridge Design and Development
Interaction Design: Structure
Hands-On with Design Systems
Lo-Fi to Hi-Fi: Prototyping in Figma
Agile User Experience Design and Research
Figma for UX Design
Evil by Design: Persuasion in UX
Systems Thinking for Product Designers
University of Brighton
Designing with the WCAG 2.2 Guidelines
Solving Complex Problems With Design Thinking
The Fifth Money Laundering Directive (5MLD)
Interaction Design Foundation
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring