Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Toptal Member Since
May 24, 2019
An independent designer for over 25 years, Rehan has developed skills to self-manage projects and stakeholders across cultural, financial, and corporates spaces. His design solutions put humans at the center with a strategic, pragmatic approach, and Agile methodology is nested into his day-to-day design process. Rehan likes to design experiences, and his work has been recognized internationally with several awards and publications in design books.
Rehan is available for hireHire Rehan
GSK Vaccination Site
Web UXDesign SystemsInformation Architecture (IA)Web UIResponsive UX DesignAtomic Design+ 6 more
Institute of Public Administration Australia - Re-brand
BrandingBrand GuidelinesStakeholder InterviewsLogo DesignLogotypeLogo Systems+ 43 more
2008 - PRESENT
Customer and Brand Experience Designer
- Designed the developed the end-to-end UX, UI, IxD, and branding for an iOS and Android app iDO, a digital service for booking local and domestic services such as plumbers, electricians, and other skilled trades.
- Designed the end-to-end customer experience and service design for the boutique hotel El Dorado, addressing all brand touch-points from physical space to digital products across the entire customer journey.
- Addressed the pain-points of the customer experience from booking to leaving a hotel room, incorporating digital and analog booking platforms, architecture, the room interiors, experiences during their stay, food served, and many other elements.
- Designed an augmented reality-based digital Wayfinding and information app for Mathaf (The Arab Museum of Modern Arts) permanent gallery for visitors and scholars. The augmented feature incorporated videos, text, and audio.
- Designed the branding and UI of a financial dashboard for a bank on a Windows and MacOS platform.
- Designed the digital product and ecosystem of a healthcare device linked with mobile devices on iOS and Android. This was developed for people with accessibility and old age concerns needing immediate medical attention during an emergency.
Technologies: Adobe Captivate, Sketch 4, UX Research, UX Strategy, Dashboard Design, Prototyping, Digital Product Design, Product Design, User Journey Maps, User Flows, Information Architecture (IA), User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Data Visualization, Branding, Overflow, Processing, Tableau, Zeplin, OmniGraffle, InVision, Sketch, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Adobe After Effects, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
2019 - 2020
User Experience Designer
- Facilitated discovery workshops, research, UX, and UI design for the order status and checkout redesign.
- Crafted design system, icons, typography, and forms for web and mobile from the ground up.
- Mapped out holistic CX, UX journey aligning with the process map for OFC.
- Designed IA, prototypes, user testing to validate ideas, and high-fidelity screens for hand-offs.
Technologies: Sketch 4, UX Strategy, Prototyping, Digital Product Design, Product Design, User Journey Maps, Information Architecture (IA), User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), UX Research, Salesforce, User Flows, Usertesting.com, Figma, Miro
2018 - 2019
Senior UX Researcher and Designer
- Developed the strategy, research, personas, MVP, MXP, and framework design for redefining Volkswagen's retail digital experience in Australia.
- Carried out qualitative and quantitative research. Addressed pain-points during the customer journey, providing design solutions and initiatives to create engaging experiences with apps–Volkswagen Pay, Volkswagen Go, and Volkswagen Service.
- Managed the prototyping, user testing, and validating forms for Volkswagen Australia.
- Created the customer experience journey and personas through qualitative and ethnography research methodologies for British Paints Novice Painter Journey to discover new opportunities and increase market share.
- Created the UX and UI design for Business of Tomorrow by Westpack Bank.
- Carried out CX research for Australian Customer Index published by Track DDB.
- Designed the UX and UI for an eCommerce website for a natural health product. I conducted a roadmap and discover workshop, created the re-branding and visual guide, and designed the system to UI and IxD hand-offs for developers.
Technologies: Sketch 4, UX Research, UX Strategy, Dashboard Design, Prototyping, Digital Product Design, Product Design, User Journey Maps, User Flows, Information Architecture (IA), User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Overflow, Adobe CC, Tableau, Zeplin, InVision, OmniGraffle, Sketch, Adobe Experience Design (XD)
2017 - 2018
Senior Brand Experience Designer
Institute of Public Administration Australia
- Re-branded the IPAA and its chapters across Australia.
- Completed brand research, typography, image, communication, tone, and language design.
- Re-launched a refreshed brand for this public sector establishment, operating since 1904 in Australia.
Technologies: Product Design, User Journey Maps, Branding, Sketch, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Adobe CC
2014 - 2017
Branding and Customer Experience Specialist
Commercial Bank of Qatar
- Developed the strategy, discovery workshop, research, UX, UI, IxD, and branding for the CB Touch mobile app. It helps the human capital division and the bank staff to perform day-to-day routine activities digitally over iOS and Android phones.
- Designed the UX, UI, IxD for an exit permit app, which helps overseas bank employees apply for their exit permit when they want to leave the country on holidays or for business-related travel.
- Developed branding and the UI for the Commercial Bank financial fact dashboard for C-level executives. It is displayed over their desktop or TV to get an overview at a glance about the bank's performance on various fronts.
- Designed the UX and UI for a responsive recruitment portal, which facilitates an easy and trackable application process for candidates. At the same time, the portal offers easy organization for the HR staff to keep applicants' information up-to-date.
- Created the learning experience, UI, IxD, and branding for Bawabah, an internal L&D learning portal.
Technologies: Adobe Captivate, Sketch 4, UX Research, UX Strategy, Dashboard Design, Prototyping, Digital Product Design, Product Design, User Journey Maps, User Flows, Information Architecture (IA), User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Data Visualization, Branding, OmniGraffle, Flinto, InVision, Sketch, Adobe CC
2011 - 2014
Customer and Brand Experience Design Specialist
- Designed the customer experience and framework from research to design, prototyping, user testing, and final deliverables for digital and analog products and services.
- Designed the employee experience and framework for digital products facilitating ease of use between HR and staff.
- Developed the UX, UI, wireframing, prototyping, user testing, branding, and communication for the Naira web app.
- Developed the digital transformation of internal branding and communication, creating an entire ecosystem framework and an MVP.
- Designed the UX and UI of the microsite Be Amusing Career Fair, which helps students and candidates pursue a career in the museum sector.
- Designed the UX and UI for an internal L&D intranet.
Technologies: Adobe Captivate, Sketch 4, UX Research, UX Strategy, Prototyping, Digital Product Design, User Journey Maps, User Flows, Information Architecture (IA), User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Data Visualization, Branding, Apple Keynote, InVision, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
2005 - 2008
Lausanne Project Management
- Led a team of designers in New Zealand and Australia for a Hilton and GHM resorts project in Fiji.
- Designed spatial and architectural design concepts for The Talei, resort in Fiji managed by GHM, Fiji Beach Resort and Spa, Suite 3, and Hilton Residency managed by Hilton.
- Created full fledged integrated branding, advertising and communication campaigns for the resorts’ pre-sales, launch, and promotional advertising post launch, including motion graphics, architectural rendering, and interior design.
Technologies: Branding, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
2003 - 2005
- Executed marketing projects from conception to production and art directed photo shoots for clients.
- Designed websites, brand identity, brochures, magazines, and product packaging.
- Reviewed junior designers’ work to ensure high quality of design and production.
Technologies: Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
2002 - 2003
- Carried out projects from concept to production. I began as the sole designer for a boutique.
- Designed for a boutique set-up, including brand identity, website design, interactive CDs, magazine design, product catalogs, retail advertising, and sales promotional campaigns.
- Designed monthly product catalogs for Adidas, Mizuno, and Yamaha.
Technologies: Adobe Director, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
1994 - 2002
- Assisted local and national agencies on a freelance basis as a junior visualizer across Mumbai, Delhi, and Baroda.
- Established my own studio as an independent freelance designer, an individual startup studio, Strategies. Carried out projects for clients and fellow design and advertising studios in India.
- Carried out print and digital design projects for companies in Silicon Valley, USA, during the dot com boom. Designed tutorials and Flash-based animation and websites for clients in the USA and India.
- Authored various CBT CDs in Macromedia Director for Tata Mcgraw Hill publication in India.
Technologies: Adobe Director, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Pagemaker, Adobe Illustrator
1990 - 1993
Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree in Applied Arts with Typography
Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda - Baroda, India
JANUARY 2001 - PRESENT
Human Computer Interface Design
Indian Institute of Technology