Verified Expert in Design
Ruby is an accomplished brand designer and art director with ten years of multi-disciplinary experience. She specializes in brand identity systems, creative direction, print, typography, and illustration. Ruby's key strength is her ability to blend imaginative, boundary-pushing ideas with data-driven marketing strategies to deliver outstanding results for her clients. Additionally, Ruby is highly attentive to her clients' needs, ensuring their expectations are not only met but exceeded.
Brand Designer and Art Director
- Offered a comprehensive brand strategy, including market research and analysis of competitors and target audience, creation of personas, business naming, and brand value identification.
- Worked in contemporary visual design, brand, print, digital, brand architecture, SoMe, display, and CRM channels.
- Provided a full-suite service for a variety of sectors, including edtech, fashion, finance, climate, dance, music, and beverages.
- Gained experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Figma, Procreate, Cinema 4D, Webflow, and Principle.
- Gained experience with collaborative tools such as Slack, Google Slides, Jira, Keynote, and Miro.
- Commended for my ability to communicate professionally, effectively, and empathetically with clients, stakeholders, and designers.
- Managed complex design projects and timelines with great emphasis on speed, organized processes, and timely delivery.
- Gained extensive experience in retouching and image manipulation.
- Managed global over 10 markets media campaigns, liaising with the creative director, stakeholders, country managers, and graphic designers.
- Introduced design systems that enabled streamlined workflow and faster output. Created Jira forms to assist stakeholders in writing briefs.
- Created master systems and templates for SoMe, CRM, and YouTube.
- Elevated brand coherency and consistency by updating and refining brand assets.
- Created the identity for the B2B sub-brand Babbel for Business.
- Managed and cocreated three global campaigns, including managing a small team of designers.
- Collaborated with copywriters and videographers on campaign concepts and activation ideas and with actors, set designers, and directors on the video production set.
- Analyzed market research and implemented the results to ensure that each campaign was tailored to the relative geo.
- Commended for project manager style in approach to planning projects and scope.
- Developed a multidisciplinary skillset with disciplines, including brand identities, web UI and UX, illustration, motion, 3D modeling, editorial, print, packaging, and environmental graphics.
- Entrusted with meeting clients, hiring staff, and managing projects independently.
- Managed and prioritized multiple projects with design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Ensured projects were completed to the highest standard and always on schedule.
- Received a nomination in the ICAD Poster design category.
- Bespoke illustrations on several projects like book covers, brand illustrations, and editorial.
- Pursued and completed a self-directed course in 3D modeling and visualization, the fruits of which were incorporated into live projects.
- Collaborated with web developers, print houses, and signage suppliers.
Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
Institute of Art, Design, and Technology - Dublin, Ireland