Verified Expert in Design
Ulisses is a senior visual designer with experience in product design and digital marketing. He is skilled in optimizing user engagement and creating out-of-the-box solutions in first-class web and mobile applications for world-known brands such as NBCUniversal, The Walt Disney Company, FOX Networks, and Samsung. His expertise includes brand strategies, user experience, and user interface solutions for mobile and TV apps, games, and social media.
Senior Product Visual Designer
The Walt Disney Company
- Designed and launched new features, including the “Tokens Program,” for DisneyNOW apps on mobile, web, and TV for both iOS and Android. Catering to the evolving needs of both child and adult users, the products’ experiences followed user-centric design principles (UCD) and included illustrations, motion graphics, and sound.
- Ran quick prototypes and conducted usability tests.
- Collaborated closely with product managers, engineers, and marketing teams to develop and implement design assets.
- Updated and maintained design libraries using Sketch and Abstract.
- Produced new and simplified master directories, symbols, and components for DisneyNOW’s design system.
Senior UX/UI Designer
- Led the visual design of web and mobile applications for ChezMana’s MVP, instituting a user-centric design approach.
- Drove brand identity and UX vision.
- Created UX workflows, personas, and visual language.
- Set up pattern libraries and a flexible design system to accommodate future technological demands.
- Collaborated with product managers and developers following Agile methodology.
Art Director, Digital Marketing Creative
- Created the design interface for the NBC digital web experience applying structured and methodical design principles.
- Led the brand and visual design team of up to 12 designers dedicated to creating and producing well-crafted branded digital assets for 40+ shows for NBC.com, NBC mobile apps (NBC, SNL, The Voice), OTT devices, and social.
- Established the NBC digital brand with digital marketing campaigns—CRM email newsletters and digital ads—to drive consumer awareness to SNL 40 app, resulting in 1.4 million downloads in the first three months after launch.
- Led the app campaign for top-tier shows from the NBC portfolio—This Is Us, Hairspray Live!, and The Good Place—to conduct asset A/B testing on digital and social platforms.
- Established and developed bi-coastal team structure, strategies, and processes to facilitate communication and workflow within multiple NBC Entertainment digital design teams.
Bachelor's Degree in Interactive Digital Media
Academy of Art University - San Francisco, California