Verified Expert in Design
Zack is a lead product designer and Webflow developer with nearly two decades of experience leading design for global startups and Fortune 100 companies like Caterpillar, Rivian, Marriott, and more. Zack designs comprehensive design processes, web and mobile platforms, and complex design systems for large and small teams.
Senior Lead Product Designer
- Designed the platform for employee use cases, ranging from vehicle telematics to manufacturing logistics.
- Designed a web application to create, manage, and deploy over-the-air updates to fleets of vehicles.
- Designed the fleet management software to scale to millions of vehicles and IoT devices.
- Contributed to a comprehensive design system for use across all platforms.
- Managed a team of designers and design producers to exceed KPIs.
Lead UX/UI Product Designer
- Handled Rivian's mobility management platform, led the design for new features, user testing, and implementation.
- Performed user testing with target customers and internal engineers to validate and iterate on features.
- Implemented the UI and design system components and worked closely with engineers to develop the production platform.
Owner | Designer
ZB Design Consulting
- Designed solutions for clients all over the world.
- Designed platform agnostic digital solutions for Fortune 100 companies and stealth startups.
- Create comprehensive design systems for complex applications and platforms.
- Help companies build and structure design teams at scale.
Senior UI/UX Design Consultant
- Audited existing web assets to identify UX gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Designed the UI/UX for new website features, collaborating with multiple teams to conceptualize, refine, and deliver assets for production development.
- Updated and managed a comprehensive design system with 1,000+ styles and components.
- Identified opportunities to improve the UX through research and user testing.
Co-founder | UX Design Director
- User-tested and interviewed over 300 restaurant and small business owners in DC over six months to identify gaps in their marketing practices.
- Identified key frustrations, friction points, inefficiencies, and desires of small business owners regarding their marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Designed prototypes, MVP, and production assets for a complex community-based web application serving small businesses and their customers.
- Developed and Launched websites and marketing campaigns with over 200 small businesses using the platform in 2017, with over 3.6 million impressions and a nearly 6% conversion rate on content.
- Implemented design thinking, circular design, community design, and accessibility into a range of apps and web apps used by over 160,000 people in two years. Managed six developers across three products, launching with 200+ small businesses in DC.
Senior Lead UX/UI Designer and Brand Designer
- Onboarded and researched a complex ecosystem of multiple products storing and displaying over 80 million retail products across thousands of grocery stores in 100+ markets in the USA.
- Developed new branding, hand illustrations, animations, brand briefs, marketing strategies, customer profiles, personas, empathy maps, data analysis, data synthesis, and user testing protocols.
- Designed prototypes, UX/UI, wireframes, animations, InVision demos, and production development specifications using Sketch, Photoshop, After Effects, and Invision.
- Designed complex and accessible onboarding for 150,000 active users across a wide range of demographic and intentions.
- Designed visual design, UI assets, mobile iOS designs, and screens for various devices to serve millions of data points to hundreds of thousands of users across the country.
Co-founder and UX Design Director
- Managed information architecture for a complex platform helping restaurants and hotels reduce friction in the food/beverage ordering and payment processes.
- Interviewed and user-tested over 100 restaurant owners and hotel managers, identifying frustrations and inefficiencies in their POS and order management processes.
- Designed a mobile-based POS eco-system with multiple end users, helping streamline restaurant and hotel event operations while giving guests convenient ordering and payment options in the palm of their hands.
- Designed complex wireframes for iOS mobile devices, Android, iPad tablets, desktops, and large screens, creating a circular network of interfaces that facilitated enhanced entertainment experiences.
- User tested, validated, and iterated product based on live feedback loops and pilot programs with Marriott hotels, Hilton hotels, and several restaurants in CA and MD.
Senior Lead UX/UI Designer
- Designed platforms, mobile applications, and UX strategies for enterprises in government, military, hospitality, retail, CPG, first response, big data, and security companies. Designed everything from mobile apps that passively open doors to multi-factor authentication for thousands of college students.
- Designed big data dashboards and analytics applications that helped large enterprises see the big picture.
- Designed physical devices and user-tested products that helped enterprise employees open doors remotely.
- Designed solutions and developed user-testing and UX strategies for large scale identity verification applications. Client examples included the NYC Metro, Marriott Hotels, Capital One Bank, Georgetown University, and many more.
- Designed brand initiatives, developed brand identities, managed style libraries, and built and websites for our product marketing departments.
Lead UX/UI and Brand Designer
- Designed a platform for hotel guests to experience their property.
- Managed multiple clients and project such as billboards, blimp designs, vehicle wraps, and more.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Design
The Art Institute - Philadelphia, PA