Verified Expert in Finance
Jeffrey is a Harvard University graduate who focuses on investment banking for startups and funds, parallel to being a freelance CFO. As an investment banker, he has acted as an interim CFO for 300+ companies and funds. A few highlights of Jeffrey's career outside consulting include being a partner at a VC fund, banking with Morgan Stanley and HSBC, and co-founding a real estate brokerage.
Finance, Strategy, and Operations Consultant
- Engaged with over 100 clients to assist with fundraising by creating and revising presentations, financial modeling, capital structuring, market, and valuation analysis.
- Successfully helped entrepreneurs raise over $325 million.
- Served as interim COO/CFO for SaaS, insuretech, fintech, edtech, consumer goods, financial services, and marketplace platform companies in between funding rounds helping institutionalize processes and policies.
- Served as COO for an insurance startup, building the operating policies, developing a pipeline of over $1 billion in policy proposals, and ultimately assisting with the successful funding of over $200 million.
- Acted as a management consultant to a financial services startup, successfully implemented scalable operations, and assisted with negotiations and due diligence on a $50 million credit line.
Fidelman & Company
- Started an investment bank that has grown to several associates covering over 100 early- to mid-stage companies.
- Focused my work on helping founders and funds raise capital, prepare for the sale of a business, or acquire a company.
- Advised pre-funded companies, including helping bring together fundraising materials like presentations, financial models, valuations, capital structures, and market research.
- Advised post-funded companies in a management consultant capacity, assisting with interim-CFO and COO positions, directly interfacing with investors to scale the businesses.
President | COO
- Co-founded CFC Insurance, a licensed insurance carrier providing RVI policies on commercial real estate.
- Ran day-to-day operations including writing the operating manual, underwriting policies, and developing the origination sources.
- Developed a pipeline of over $1 billion in policy proposals by creating partnerships with industry leaders which added this insurance to their offerings.
- Led the company to secure institutional funding in excess of $200 million by working with bankers to meet with and present the business to institutional investors.
- Established a VC fund that was focused on tech-enabled, early-stage companies alongside a crowdfunding platform to extend additional capacity. Built and executed business processes for origination, diligence, allocation, and portfolio management.
- Allocated ~$120 million in eight months, with the remaining cash left for follow-on rounds and pro-rata rights. Average check size of $1-5 million—all tech-enabled companies that were at the seed or round A stage.
- Worked closely with venture capital and private equity funds to source investments.
- Implemented strategic marketing and business development by developing key industry contacts and fostering mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Responsible for wealth management, banking, lending, and insurance services for Manhattan.
- Led business development and growth efforts to increase average branch revenue by 35%.
- Worked closely with bankers, advisors, and brokers to increase effectiveness at sales and distribution.
- Made pre- and post-market trades (syndicate, block trades, and IPO).
- Piloted the International Client Advisor program.
- Co-managed $350 million in-depth analysis of pre-IPO and block trades.
- Was hired by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (now Morgan Stanley Wealth Management). After the merger and ultimate take over by Morgan Stanley, all international business was consolidated to the US. My partner and I were then given the opportunity to exclusively represent Russian, Ukrainian, and the Kazak Region.
Building a Business Continuity Plan
How to Build Your Startup’s Financial Model to Grab Investor Interest
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Harvard University - Cambridge, Massachusetts